ImportExport.aspx will import to sql locally on sql express but when I upload it to my host it does not import

I have this ImportExport.aspx control http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/ImportExportCSV.aspx and it works great locally. When I upload it to my host I keep getting this error. Cannot find table 0. Error importing. Please try again It will export just fine. I am able to export a sql table to a csv so I do not beleive its my appsettings but here they are just in case

<add key="connsql" value="server=sql394.mysite4now.com;database=mtgowarbots;Trusted_Connection=false;uid=users;password=KibblesNBits" />

<add key="connmsa" value="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;server=localhost;database=mtgowarbots.mdb;"/>

<add key="connxls" value="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Extended Properties='text;FMT=Delimited';Data Source="/>

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would help out a lot. I have been working on this problem for 3 or 4 days now.

0
warbux

Okay after working on this for another day I am starting to think it has something to do with the permissions. However I am the database owner, and that is the username I am using for the connect string. Shouldnt that give me the permission to upload the CSV to the database?

0
warbux

How to export sql server 2005 express for import on web sql server
Hi,  I'm new to SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL.  I've been using Access for year and have not moved on to asp.net for my website.  I understand from 1and1.com that I will need to imort a backup of my SQL Server 2005 Express file to my on site database. I don't find any way to do that.  Please advise as to how I get the express version to work on my site. Thanks! Leesha Did you install the SQL Management Studio?  In the toolkit... JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future rea...

Import SQL 2005 Express to SQL 2005 Server
Hi, Can anyone give me a "dummies guide" to transfering my DNN 4.0 site from my development machine, running SQL Express 2005 to my host/production server which is running SQL Server 2005? Any other general advice for transferring sites between machines? Thanks, DG ...

Local SQL Server in Web Config instead of SQL Express
I want to ungrade my membership from SQLExpress to Local Sql Server.  Does anyone have a sample web.config file to accomplish this? I am just stone dumb. Scott Guthrie actually made a blog post on this subject  a few months back:  http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx...

Import SQL Express Tables into SQL Server 2000/2005 possible?
Is it possible to import SQL Express tables into SQL Server 2000 or 2005?  I've seen a few posts in here touching on that subject but no real concise answers. Thanks,Richhttp://www.DevAndDesign.com/...

local SQL Server 2005 Express and Host with SQL Server 2000
I'm creating an app and have SQL Server 2005 Express installed.  Most of the hosts now offering SQL Server 2005 are a bit pricey compared to those only offering 2000.  Will I have any difficulty uploading my site and running the db on SQL 2000?  Thanks in advance. I've been searching these forums but all people having about the same question, all have no replies in the thread. I'd love some feedback on this issue. I'm quite new to asp.net.I've got vs installed with sql 2005 express. but I also installed sql 2000 since my host is still using this one. how can I port the db ? ...

I created a website on my localhost with three .mdf files using SQL express but now I get an error when I try to host it on my web server without SQL express. need some help on how to change my connec
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred whil...

importing an excel spreadsheet into a sql database using sql server 2005 express
hi, i have an excel spreadsheet with data that i want to place into a sql database.is there any easy way of doing this with sql server 2005 express?    Try this thread for many options.  Hope this helps. http://forums.asp.net/thread/1442470.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie thanks, downloaded SP1 and the toolkit and ran the DTSwizard and got it working. FrankBollard:thanks, downloaded SP1 and the toolkit and ran the DTSwizard and got it working. I am glad I could help.Kind regards,Gift Peddie...

Deploying an application with SQL express to web host using SQL server 2005?
I currently have developed an application using VWD express 2008 and SQL server express 2005 on my local XP pro machine. I am using the built in user validation database/controls (ASPNETDB.mdf) and also using a database to hold the information relevant to the application (in this case, a comic book tracking database) I signed up for a cheap web server to host it on so I can access my collection when away from home. I am using the GoDaddy deluxe hosting plan (windows server, asp.net 2.0/3.0/3.5, 2 MS SQL databases) I am wondering how I can transfer my existing databases that are using the e...

Will Web Matrix work with Hosted SQL server / Remote SQL server?
Hi, I've a web site being hosted by a hosting company remotely. I want to be able to connect to my SQL server database which is remote of course.. Is this possible with Web Matrix? Thanks Tim Hi Tim, Yes of course! :) You can create a new Database project and connect to a remote SQL Server and enter in the Server field in the dialog box. Regards, Thanks Colt, I figured it out.. very easy to do so! TimTim...

How do you import a sql database in Visual Web Developer Express 2005?
I'm baffled.  I looked everywhere in the IDE but found no import button.  Your help is greatly appreciated! Hello. If you mean import data from a backup, then I'm afraid that you can't do that in the VWD IDE. -- Regards,Luis Abreuemail: labreu_at_gmail.comEN blog:http://msmvps.com/blogs/luisabreu...

Import SQL server express database into Visual Web Developer
I can access an SQL Server 2005 database from VWD, but for ease of uploading to a server and to maintain the database within just VWD environment would like to import it directly into VWD and its App_Data folder from the local machine SQL Server. I guess this is more than copy and paste ('especially since this is not allowed becase the database is being used by another program'). I've seen posts about the reverse process but not this way. Any simple pointers please? Has the server SQL Server 2005 Express installed?CheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' i...

How to import excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server from Remote SQL Client
 Hi all, I need to import Excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server machine.this excel sheet can be kept in any where.it may client or server machines.but I need to import it using any SQL client(Remote Client in web) machine.I can do it using  SQL Sever Machine.but it doesn't work using SQL Client  machine.I need to do it using  SQL query.it imported using Import/Export wizard in SQL through SQL Client machine.but it can't using SQL quary.Please tel me how I do this.Following are my code.---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Problem datetime when transferring local SQL Server to Web Hosting SQL Server using XML Webservice
Dear all, We have recently integrated our internal timetracking (TT) system (Windows forms based )so that it can retrieve info from our (web based) bug tracking (BT) system. The BTS SQL Server is hosted in the USA on a shared server, the TT SQL server is stationed at our office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. During development we tested the XML webservice that handles the actual datatransfer between the two systems and everything works fine. After deployment of the XML webservice to the live environment (hosted service in USA) problems showed up: DateTime values arrive malformed. Examples:...

move database from web dev express to SQL 2005 or SQL Express
I'm guessing something like this has been posted before, but I'm having trouble finding excatly what I'm looking for.  Here's the situation. I am building a site based on the club starter kit.  The database appears to be part of the web project.  I've modified some of the tables so it's not the original club database anymore. I would like to move this database to SQL Express (i.e. the database will appear in my SQL Server Mgmt. Studio) and I would also like to try to move it to SQL 2005.  I don't have a host yet, so I think being able to move it to either product would ...

Web resources about - ImportExport.aspx will import to sql locally on sql express but when I upload it to my host it does not import - asp.net.web-forms

APPAREL & ACCESSORY JOBS
Community for fashion professionals seeking employment, recruiters seeking talent, and individuals wishing to 'linkin' & expand their networks. ...

marks the release of Adobe Story : 1.0 product and probably world’s most powerful tool for movie script writing. Adobe Story , is a collaborative ...

ACF { To-do
The To-do List Stay up to date with the exciting world of Advanced Custom Fields development. If you have a feature request or would like to ...

Office Suites for Windows - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
The most downloaded Office Suites software, including All to JPEG Converter 3000, PowerPoint 2003 Add-in: Producer for PowerPoint 2003, and Microsoft ...

/
HGST (formerly Hitachi Global Storage Technologies) joined the Western Digital Corporation family of companies in March 2012 and we continue ...

Downloads
LightWave Tutorials Plugins Forums

The 1993 Pforzheimer Lecture
MY TOPIC this evening is the booksellerswho have specialized in Americana. This sounds specific, but in fact it isterribly vague, since there ...

This New SoHo Episode 14 Taking on the World
An episode guide for the CTV Digital Desk series This New SoHo. Episode 14 focuses on online resources for turning a small business into a global ...

LanguageManual - Apache Hive - Apache Software Foundation

Asian Jewish Life - A Journal of Spirit, Society and Culture - Feature: In an Ancient Land
... Amitav Ghosh tells the tale, in his novel In an Ancient Land , of a medieval traveler by the name of Abraham Ben Yiju who conducted an importexport ...