I am new here, but have been searching for a while, and may not have the correct lingo to find what I am looking for.

 I am tasked with implementing a .exe application that was writen vb6 then converted to .net into a new website my team is developing. The idea is to put each of the 3 different forms in this .exe application of 3 different .aspx pages. I have attempted multiple things to get this into the page and even started to just rewrite it as an ASP.net web form, but even then I can't reuse any of the code since the System.Web.UI.Page doesn't inherit the same functions and object of the System.Windows.Forms.Form, I have even tried having the page Inherit System.Windows.Forms.Form, and the page shows but none of the data actually populates, it just looks like a blank form...

So the question is, how do I find out more information about implementing either the full application or at least the functionality? I am not looking for someone to do the work for me, I just need to find a good starting point since I want to learn if this is possible and how to do it. Again I may not be up on all the lingo, so even giving search terms would be helpful.

Thanks,

Padawangeek

Padawangeek
Always learning...
1
padawangeek

What you are after cannot be done.

Winforms and web forms are 2 distinct technologies and their controls cannot exist together. Most of the winforms controls have an equivalent web form control, and there are some very rich web UI controls from the AJAX framework as well that you can look at it.

If your business requirement is adamant that you use winform controls in a web form, possibly the only way to is either create a .NET winforms user control and host it as an embedded ActiveX component like an applet, or create your own ActiveX control in VB6, however you will run into many security and permission issues with your client user base.

1
jimmy