Image upload not working on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition but is on Windows 2003 Web Server Edition

Hi,

I have a website that allows image uploads by users through ASP.NET 2.0 front-end running on Windows 2003 Server boxes (Web Server Edition).  Recently, some additional servers were acquired to handle additional load.  The new servers are running windows 2003 Standard Edition R2 and the photo upload does not work on them.  It does work on the older Windows 2003 Web Server Edition servers.
The operations team prohibits doing remote debugging on production servers so there is no way for me to see what is going on in the code.  Has anyone else experienced this issue before?

Thanks in advance!

Sean

0
seancarlin

seancarlin:

Hi,

I have a website that allows image uploads by users through ASP.NET 2.0 front-end running on Windows 2003 Server boxes (Web Server Edition).  Recently, some additional servers were acquired to handle additional load.  The new servers are running windows 2003 Standard Edition R2 and the photo upload does not work on them.  It does work on the older Windows 2003 Web Server Edition servers.
The operations team prohibits doing remote debugging on production servers so there is no way for me to see what is going on in the code.  Has anyone else experienced this issue before?

Thanks in advance!

Sean

Hi Sean,

Based on my understanding, I think your problem caused by ASP.NET Version(Maybe your ASP.NET Version is 1.1). If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to tell me, thanks.

To solve your problem is change ASP.NET Version, see the following pictures:

http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1pDstj13dAHKQwV8kup_adVBfiH-id1WjE4YJOzJ5zZkevLwf8FWUedmnGPhzIZk9J44_ss4lwckw

Hope it help,

Hong Gang
Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong
7/30/2007 3:51:11 AM

Hi Hong,

 I had the server admin check and it is indeed set to ASP.NET 2.0.  Any other ideas?

 Thanks for your time!

0
seancarlin
7/31/2007 5:20:53 PM

yes, check the config in your IIS and look for the .NET Framework config and check that is the same like before in the previus server. theres not relevant diff for the servers versions.

Waldy Almonte
www.walalm.com
0
walalm
7/31/2007 5:40:31 PM

yes, check the config in your IIS and look for the .NET Framework config and check that is the same like before in the previus server. theres not relevant diff for the servers versions.

Waldy Almonte
www.walalm.com
0
walalm
7/31/2007 5:40:41 PM

Hello there, try giving READ/WRITE persmissions to NETWORK SERVICE user on the folder that you upload images.

0
abiratsis
7/31/2007 5:53:15 PM

Configuation files match across new and old servers :(

Also, I am not writing the files to a folder on the server.  They are taken directly from memory after the post and stored via a webservice to an image server.

0
seancarlin
7/31/2007 7:13:57 PM

 Ok then, try to catch the exception message when uploading fails. The control causes a postback so you can handle it.

0
abiratsis
7/31/2007 7:51:26 PM

The server admin figured out that he wasn't allowing traffic to go to the IP address that the web service runs at on the two new servers.  Apparently something he was supposed to add to hosts file to allow the server to loop back into the network (we have some sort of router/firewall rule that servers cannot go out of the firewall and then come back in.

0
seancarlin