I am getting "it is read only" error when I am trying to use " if (Request.IsAuthenticated=false) "

hi,

I am trying to use,  if (Request.IsAuthenticated=false)

but while using it I am geting the error,

CS0200: Property or indexer 'System.Web.HttpRequest.IsAuthenticated' cannot be assigned to -- it is read only

Could anyone please help

Digish
0
digish

you need to use == when doing a comparison.  a single = is an assignment

if (Request.IsAuthenticated==false)

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige
11/16/2008 1:07:12 PM

Hi mbanavige,

thankyou for the above help. really saved my work.

thank you.

digish

0
digish

Using "+" or "||"

"Using" or "With"

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

VS.NET 2005 is ignoring in web.config strict="true". I get no error when I try this: Dim x As Integer = "string"
Hello,I have this in my VS.NET 2005 web.config <compilation debug="true" strict="true" explicit="true">When I do this in my vb code:Dim x As Integer = "string"I get no error. When I hit compilation I also get no error. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for helping!Regards,J. Bauer It's a bug of some sort See this response by Scott Guthriehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=3c1c9898-8076-4f69-a5e2-e99573d03c6e Unfortunately we don’t have a GUI based way to configure this. L It is something we will make sure gets added back in, though, with the next...

Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?
If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before proceeding. :-) Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about? Thanks! Bob Bob P wrote: > If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" > changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me > and probably others...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

What is a "Session" and a "Request" ??
Hello,  I'm new to ASP.Net 2.0 , and I still can't understand what is a "Session" and what is a "Request" ??   Thank You the client browser will request a page and the Request object will give you information about what page they are requesting. the session is a statebag where you can store information that will continue to exist after the page has executed.  information can be added to the Session in page A and then read back from the Session in page B.  the session object is unique per user - so one users does not see data stored b...

replace the "." with a ","

"To" and "From" missing

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Me" is better than "You"

What is the use of "Get" and "Set" and how it works?
I'm trying to figure out one part of the code which I found for paging. After looking at them and search other articles about this, I still couldn't understand how this "Get" and "Set" works. Can someone provide me a simple explaination how it works and why we need it? Thanks.1 Public Property CurrentPage() As Integer 2 Get 3 Dim o As Object = ViewState("_CurrentPage") 4 5 If o Is Nothing Then 6 Return 0 7 Else 8 Return o 9 End ...

Web resources about - I am getting "it is read only" error when I am trying to use " if (Request.IsAuthenticated=false) " - asp.net.web-forms