HyperLink not working in IE ( but works in Firefox )

 Hi All,

 I am facing a similar problem like that of

"http://forums.asp.net/t/1122355.aspx"

The HyperLink works perfectly fine in Firefox but not in IE ( I am using IE 7.0)

The cursor does not change to a Hand cursor when it's on the hyperlink. but the Status bar shows the correct url of the HyperLink

When I right Click the Hyperlink and then open ( in new tab or new window )  its going to the correct URL.

The Following is the code

 for (int i = 0; i < rows; i++)
        {
            TableRow row = new TableRow();
            for (int j = 0; j < cols; j++)
            {
                UserAlbum userAlbum = userAlbums.Items[(i * j) + j];
                control = LoadControl("~\\UserControl\\AlbumFolder.ascx");

                TableCell cell = new TableCell();
                cell.Width = 200;
                cell.Height = 150;
                cell.BorderWidth = 1;
                cell.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle;
                cell.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center;

                AlbumFolder albumfolder = (AlbumFolder)control;
                albumfolder.AlbumCreatedDate = userAlbum.PublishedDate;
                albumfolder.AlbumName = userAlbum.AlbumName;
                albumfolder.setAlbumImage(userAlbum.AlbumThumbnail, 60,100);

                System.Web.UI.WebControls.HyperLink hlink = new HyperLink();
                hlink.NavigateUrl = "album.aspx?albumID=" + userAlbum.AlbumID;
                hlink.Controls.Add(albumfolder);
                cell.Controls.Add(hlink);

                row.Cells.Add(cell);
            }
            albumTable.Rows.Add(row);
        }
    }

Any suggestions are  greatly appreciated.

0
tulasisridhar1234

i suggest u to use link button instead>>>

Have a great Day!
plz Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.

push_the_envelope
6/18/2007 7:59:16 PM

ya its better to use LinkButton for the same

if not works in FireFox then try to other control instead of it

Thanks & Best Regards,
From,
Atul

Please click "mark as answer" if this post helped you.
0
atulthummar
6/18/2007 10:00:12 PM

tulasisridhar1234:

                System.Web.UI.WebControls.HyperLink hlink = new HyperLink();
                hlink.NavigateUrl = "album.aspx?albumID=" + userAlbum.AlbumID;
                hlink.Controls.Add(albumfolder);
                cell.Controls.Add(hlink);

How about remove hlink.Controls.Add(albumfolder); ?

I have test in a simple code, it works fine:

    {

        System.Web.UI.WebControls.HyperLink hlink = new HyperLink();
        hlink.ID = "link";
        hlink.Text = "Test Link";
        hlink.NavigateUrl = "http://www.google.com";

        this.form1.Controls.Add(hlink);

    }

Amanda Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Amanda

What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox
Name: Bill Schultz Email: altmailatbresnandotnet Product: Firefox Summary: What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox Comments: If you open http://www.allseeingeye.whatshisface.org in Internet Explorer and click on the links you will hear Audio Files play that are attached to the different web pages. You will also notice dissolve transitions between the pages. When you click on the 1st small eyeball you will see a form appear. Now run the same Web Site in FireFox. 1. No Audio. 2. No page transitions. 3. Instead of the form appearing, FireFox gives an error message. It...

Shell not working in web form but working with windows forms.
Hi! I want to run some exe files (Exa: Internet explorer) using shell command in asp.net. Its not working if its a web form. But working fine with a windows form. Pls. extend ur help. Thanx. What are you expecting to happen? How are you trying to run the exe files? Where do you expect it to run? Anything run through server side code will run on the server, and in an invisible window, at that. The program will run under the security context of the ASPNET user by default, and so likely will not have the proper authority to do much of what you want, unless you midify its rights...

login.aspx wont work in IE but works in Firefox when uploaded to a web host
 Please correct me if i posted in the wrong thread, i am a newbie here and this is my first postI have created a login page which i coded manually, while i was developing the application it works fine but when i uploaded it, the login page wont work in IE but works great in Firefox, just for an info i do not use the ASP_NETDB.mdf SQL Express Database but rather i use my own database. Here is my code I hope you could help meImports System.DataImports System.Data.SqlClientPartial Class login    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Function countUser() As Integer&nb...

CreateUserWizard works in IE and does not work in Firefox
hi all!please help on subject.When I press button create user in Internet explorer wizard takes me to next step (or final step in may case). it is good.When I do the same in firefox - wizard reloads page and I am again on first step of createuserwizard. What could possibly be wrong? please advice  I think authentication may cause the difference. And you can check if there is any custom CreateUser Event handler or any method of the class has been overwritten.  I have event handlers for CreatedUser, NextButtonClick, SendingMail events. But I need them.By the way, simple Cre...

Button not working in IE (but works in Firefox)
 Not sure why this has come up, but I've been recently alerted that a button is no longer working.  I haven't touched this part of the code in a while - it works fine in Firefox but not in I.E. I really can't figure out where the problem is. <asp:button id="btn2" type="submit" onclick="changeleague" text="Yes" runat="server" /> Form tags there, as I said works in Firefox.  I can't understand how there could be browser issues with browsers, but any help that could be provided would be greatly...

Buttons do not work in IE but they work in Firefox
I installed the issue tracker in a windows 2003 sever running other asp.net apps, not when I use IE to open the page and I clik to any button they do not work but if I use firefox they work perfectly. Any Ideas why? Thanks Arrendajo Sounds like you need to lower IE's security settings for your Issue Tracker site.       ...

AJAX not working in IE but works on Firefox
I have an ASP.NET application using AJAX.net. However the ajax does not work on IE and everytime I do something it does a full postback. Everything works on firefox except the updating panel does not show up while processing the request. Workls perfectly on local machine. Any idea on why it does not work on IE would be appreciated. Hi, I am afraid we cannot find out the exact root cause without further information captured when the problem occurs. May this helps you: http://forums.asp.net/t/1084001.aspx To troubleshoot this issue, we really need the source code to reproduce the problem,...

Ajax working fine in Firefox but not working in IE
Hi Everyone!   I have a simple HTML page from where I am trying to send User name and Password through ajax to check credentials.  Its works first time fine in IE but after logging out from account and again on trying to login, control stays on same page itself. Its not getting to redirected to User home page even on entring correct details At the same time if I give wrong details, it will show corresponding error.   I am not understanding the problem, please someone help me with this issue.    For reference code is below: //calling login() from the pag...

JSCRIPT not working with IE but works with Mozilla Firefox
Hello everyone,We have issue in our company we were never able to resolve. Our Intranet system was deleted so it was restored. Since we restored our server from backup we are having issues with Javascript. Any of our applications that call for a javascript file  stopped functioning. For example we have control that call for a abc.js the application cannot find this file. Here is a mystery it works with Firefox but not IE 6 or 7. We have wokred with Microsoft engineers but they were not able to resolve the issue either. If anyone have any ideas what we do to fix this please let me know. ...

Java not working for Web sites but work for IE
Name: James Yellowlees Email: jyellowleesathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Java not working for Web sites but work for IE Comments: on different internal web sites it seems that the java code for Firefox doesn't work. I get weird errors and the web pages don't display or display incorrectly... One error is Document.all.activitylistcontainer.runtimestyple is undefined. and another one is error in parsing value for property 'clip'. declaration dropped. now the weird thing is that IE all versions work correctly. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windo...

javascript (to control video) works in IE but not work in Firefox
Hi, I'm interested in synchronizing video with powerpoint slides. To control the video I use javascript but it does not work in FF. Here is the adress you can check. www.metu.edu.tr/~ari/smil When you click on an item below the video, the video should go to appropriate time. when you check it with IE it works fine but in FF it does not work. If anyone can help, I'll appreciate. Thanks _fatihari_ spoke thusly on 21/06/2006 8:57 AM: > I'm interested in synchronizing video with powerpoint slides. To > control the video I use javascript but it does not...

AJAX page not working with Firefox but works fine with IE
I have an AJAX enabled page that is working great in IE but in firefox, the hyperlinks and buttons within updatepanels are not clickable. This is very odd. There are no javascript errors on the page but in the status bar, a message is constantly displayed saying "transfering data from localhost.....". Does anyone have a clue what could be causing these problem. Update - I removed all of the AJAX update panels on the page and I still am unable to click any links or linkbuttons. The "tranfering data from localhost" message has also disappeared. This led me to believe that something was w...

Hyperlink is working in Internet Explorer but not working in Mozilla Firefox

Javascript function is not working in IE and not working in Firefox 1.5
I dynamically create Options in a Combobox using javascript like: var cboBox=document.getElementById("cboTest"); var aoption=new Option("--Select--"," ",false,false); cboBox.add(aoption); It works fine with IE It does't work with Firefox 1.5 Could anyone help me! Thanks in advance Prakash S wrote: > I dynamically create Options in a Combobox using javascript > like: > > var cboBox=document.getElementById("cboTest"); > var aoption=new Option("--Select--"," ",false,false); > cboBox.add(...

Web resources about - HyperLink not working in IE ( but works in Firefox ) - asp.net.web-forms

Hyperlink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A hyperlink points to a whole document or to a specific element within a document. Hypertext is text with hyperlinks. A software system for viewing ...

SA Supreme Court rules Dr Janice Duffy was defamed by Google through its hyperlinks, auto-complete and ...
A FORMER SA Health researcher has won a six-year legal battle against Google, proving she was defamed by the internet giant due to the way it ...

Banned hyperlinks could cost you $11,000 a day
The Australian communications regulator says it will fine people who hyperlink to sites on its blacklist, which continues to be controversially ...

ANALYSIS - Supreme Court hyperlink decision a victory for free speech
A hyperlink by itself should never be seen as 'publication' of other content, the Supreme Court said. But when it comes to libel the court did ...

Review: HyperLink is a great, inexpensive steel bracelet for the Apple Watch
Apple's own stainless steel link bracelet is too expensive for many of us to consider. HyperLink, however, is a less expensive alternative that ...

Apple's 'audio hyperlink' tech can control devices with inaudible sonic pulses
An Apple patent filing published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Thursday describes a method of encoding hyperlinks into an audio ...

Patent troll sending out invoices for image hyperlinks
A company named Vuestar thinks everyone who links images to pages on the Web …

How Effective Hyperlinks Can Help Your Blog
... link text explain exactly where the link is leading you or does it say something generic like click here ? When I saw Writing Effective Hyperlinks ...

Gmail's Shortcut for Inserting Hyperlinks
... doesn't mean Google shouldn't improve them. Many people complained that Gmail's rich text editor doesn't have a shortcut for inserting hyperlinks ...

Scientology loss keeps hyperlinks legal
The Church of Scientology loses a courtroom battle to compel a Dutch writer and her ISP to remove postings from a Web site, in a ruling that ...