How to user the CreateUserWizard to show the user Information

Hi,

I'm useing the CreateUserWizard to show the current user information.

I change the wizard button text from Create to Update,

and I set the UserName field to ReadIOnly.

When the user clicks the button I get CreateUserError with embershipCreateStatus.DuplicateUserName

How can I show the Complete Step when I get this error?

I tryed:

protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserError(object sender, CreateUserErrorEventArgs e)

{

if (e.CreateUserError == MembershipCreateStatus.DuplicateUserName)

{

CreateUserWizard1.ActiveStepIndex = 1;

e.CreateUserError =
MembershipCreateStatus.Success;

}

}

but It does not work,

Or Mybe there is a way to change the to change the Wizared Button action?

thanks

0
sirmoreno

Try this

CreateUserWizard1.MoveTo(CreateUserWizard1.CompleteStep);

Thanks
Sku
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
skurocks
10/17/2007 2:12:46 PM

I found a better way:

protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatingUser(object sender, LoginCancelEventArgs e)

{

e.Cancel =
true;

CreateUserWizard1.ActiveStepIndex = 1;

}

and for the step to change you have to set:

protected void CreateUserWizard1_NextButtonClick(object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e)

{

e.Cancel =
false;

}

0
sirmoreno

when the user clicks the image button to show the calendar extender on my web form it submits the whole form instead of showing the calendar??
when the user clicks the image button to show the calendar extender on my web form it submits the whole form instead of just showing the calendar??  I have another button that submits the form. my calendar image button is acting like a submit button also instead of acting like a calendar popout button. Does anybody know how I can set an image button to not submit the form and cause my validations to render. I only want it to pop out the Ajax calendar for the specific textbox?   <ajaxToolkit:CalendarExtender runat="server" TargetControlID="txt...

Dynamic Web Form Help
Hi folks,I'd appreciate a point in the right direction regarding terminology (i.e., what to use) and/or some tutorial sites that show precisely what I'm asking.  I've looked and looked but only found pieces of the bigger puzzle. What I'm trying to do:I want to create a form that shows another portion of the form (on the same page) based upon user input.An Example of what I'm trying to do:This is what the form would look like initially (keep in mind that this is a bogus example to help show what functionality I'm looking for):    Which of the f...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Show the CreateUserWizard form after inserting a user
How can keep the CreateUserWizard form  after successfully inserting a user.. instead of showing the success message and continue button.If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer.ClientSideAsp.Net | Blog  Handle the next button event and set the wizards ActiveStepIndex to 0. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.wizard.nextbuttonclick.aspx   void OnNextButtonClick(object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e) { Wizard wiz = (Wizard)sender; if(wiz.ActiveStepIndex == 4) // put your last page index here (0-based...

Web Form and Web User Control
Hello, I have a Web User Control (ascx) that includes a button. This button has an onclick event method. This Web User control is included into a Web Form. (thru LoadControl). However, when I click on the button, the event method is not executed. What should I include in order it works fine? Thanks in advance. GAA. Using Loadcontrol is using dynamic controls and when using dynamic controls you must recreate the same dynamic controls ono postback to econstruct the page control tree. It is best if you do this during the Page PreInit event. How complex are your controls ...

Createuserwizard:How to throw error message for existing data when adding custom user information during user creation.
Hello, Does anyone have any idea or example for the following? (Throw existing record exception when adding additional user information in the Createuserwizard process.) I have successfully added an additional step to the "createuserwizard" process.  The additional step prompts the user to enter a "VendorID" into a staging table ("users") that would have the linked "UserID" field from the "aspnet_users" table and my new "VendorID" field included in it.  My problem is that I cannot figure out how to throw and e...

Web User Control Not rendering in Web Form
I have created a Web User control that is made up of a Multiview with 2 views inside the Multiview. I have buttons on both views and a gridview on 1 view. My question is when I drop this Web User Control on a Web Form all I see is [MultiView"MultiView1"] and when I view the from in the browser I dont see the Web User Control. I was wondering if someone could please tell me why the Web User Control is not displaying or rendering.     Thanks In Advance Hi, Please check your aspx file for correct reference, like following example: TestControl.ascx:<%@ Control ...

custom web user control and web form

Site that shows users' contact information and photo: form based authentication + gridview
I am trying to build a site where users can input their contact information and upload their photo. It is supposed to be a sort of "alumni" website at the end of all. The site's main structure would be like this:FrontpageUserpageSearchInformationAlso included are:Registration pageEdit own information page The basic use case will be as follows:1. User comes to the Frontpage. Sees a sign-in prompt and "register here" link. Clicks on the registration link.2. Inserts user information: username, password, secret question etc.3. Inserts personal information: name, ge...

Modify User Information / User Profile
I have been rooting around looking for the answer... with no luck... I want to modify the User Information / User Profile collected, for example delete MSN, AIM and Yahoo and add City, State and Zip. Where is this? Is it right in front of my nose? Thanks in advance, (again). The table in the DB is the Community_Users table. You will have to either extend this table, or create a new table using a foreign key relationship to the users table to hold your new fields. You probably don't need to mod any stored proc though since the profile procedures use select * (bad design, but ...

User quotas not showing all users in Imanager
When selecting "Storage", "Volumes", "User Quotas", the list "Users with Quotas" doesn't contain all users with quotas defined. There is an error message that displays on the logger screen ("getTagContents: Missing required tag: userName"). The same error is displayed when I click on the "All Users" button. I've tried to reinstall the nssmmngt.npm and restarted Tomcat and Apache with no effect. Can someone please help me with this one. Regards Bernt Torbjornsen Bernt, It appears that in the past few d...

User information
Hello Scope : DNN 2.1.2 User registration/modification process I have a problem while trying to add properties to user object. Now I understand that there has to be modifications to several files including "/admin/Users/UsersDB.vb", "/components/DataProvider.vb" and to both data provider projects (or since I just use MSSQL, I modify that). What I have done is I have added few new properties to "User" -object (like Sex, Age, AllowAdvertising etc.) and also included such inputs to "/admin/Users/Register.ascx". Also added the required stuff to SQ...

Web resources about - How to user the CreateUserWizard to show the user Information - asp.net.web-forms

Hands on with ASP.Net Membership, SQL Express and Server 2008
Is it worth using the built-in membership framework in your ASP.Net application, or should you roll your own? I've been trying it out recently, ...

ASP.NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 Web Development Overview : The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site
This document provides an overview of many of the new features for ASP.NET that are included in the.NET Framework 4 and in Visual Studio 2010. ...