how to use FTP to transfer file from client to server...

Hello sir,
I want to upload a file from client to server using FTP.how to do this using
asp.net?.anyone can help me?.It is very urgent.Plz help me....
Thanks in advance,
Arun Kumar.K
Arunsmile
0
arun_7652

You can not do it using clear ASP.NET. You have to use some kind of binary client for FTP. ASP.NET render to client DHTML only, nothing binary.
Leon Langleyben

MCSD, ASP.NET MVP

Blog
0
llangleyben

Smart Device Application for file transfer to a remote server in .Net Compact Framework (Using Visual Studio.Net 2003,C# code)
Dear all, We are developing a smart device application (using C# code) for .Net Compact Framework where we need to write a programme in C# code to transfer a file from mobile device to remote server/machine.Can anyony help us regarding this aaplication.If you have already done this or you find any article/link regarding to this application then please let me know about that. My mail id : anirbandas.ju@gmail.com Looking forward for your reply soon. Regards Anirban   hi hav u got any solution , becoz i too need. plz share with me...

use VB.net to download file from FTP server
I want to write a VB problem that can download files from my ftp server. how do I do it? any free component to download? thank you. well, i cant suggest a free component.  However, the .Net framework has a number of classes for getting files from HTTP servers.  I don't know about a FTP site but this is what works for me. Dim wc As New System.Net.WebClientDim DLAddress As String = "http://YourSiteName.com/download/" + ProgramName + ".msi"Dim DLLocation As String = "c:\SomeDirectory\" + ProgramName + ".msi"Trywc.DownloadFile(DLAddress, DLLocation)MessageBox.Show("There is an ...

Mulriple File Transfers using NET::FTP module...
Hello, Can someone out there help? I have written a small script below, to dowload files for an FTP server. I employed the NET::FTP module. Somehow I cannot find a command on NET::FTP that can allow mulriple file retieval using a wildcard or other. @rem = '--*-Perl-*-- @echo off if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto WinNT perl -x -S "%0" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 goto endofperl :WinNT perl -x -S "%0" %* if NOT "%COMSPEC%" == "%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe" goto endofperl if %errorlevel% == 9009 echo You do not have Perl...

FTP file upload between client browser and Web server
does anyone know if there is a way to let user to upload file from their browser to the web server via ftp method but not http upload?I searched the forum and the web. It seems FtpWebRequest only upload file from web server to ftp server. because it creates request by file location like: WebRequest.Create(CompleteFTPPath). or  StreamReader sourceStream = new StreamReader("testfile.txt"); anyone got any idea? Hi, Please follow this sample, good luck! How to Upload File using FTP in ASP.Net 2.0 Other more: ASP.Net Project FTP Upload Utility ThanksPlease give us feedback no...

Using TCPIP Server and Client Components to transfer files on the LAN?
Previous examples are available uisng the TCPIPServer and TCPIPClient components to transfer strings and images between two programs on two different machines. Using this forum, stackoverflow, and sourceforge, I have examples that work for the function just mentioned. What I need to do now, is be able to have the Client send a file (Txt,wav,mp4,any format) to the server. On sourceforge.com there is the TCP/IP Delphi&Indy10Client Server Demo which is the closest I've come to getting an understanding of how to get this to work. The 5B_sample file exchange or 5_Sample file exchange are ...

Using Web server controls & Marshelling b/w client browser and web server(database).
hi, I am new to asp.net. I have a question about Marshelling b/w client browser and web server(database). I heared that it is better to minimize going back and forth b/w client browser and the server.This will increase performance and improve scallability. With asp.net, using server controls. It seems every action at the client browser require a trip to the server, for instance, page_load ( to fill combo boxes), or the event of the combo boxes to fill other dependant combo box. or when using the server validation controls. What I am trying to get into ...

Error regarding web.config file while using Forms authentication on a server.
Hello i am using Forms based authentication it is working fine on the localhost but when i run Login.aspx on the server it gives the error shown below: Could this be a file permission error or am i doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineTo...

Open Web Form Using Server.Transfer in New Explorer Window
Hi, I have a requirement to open the form as MODAL using Server.Transfer. It should be opened in New Explorer Windows Any Idea? Regards Atif     hi, I think you had better use javascript window.showModalDialog, cause Server.Transfer cannot open a new window. Hi, Thanks for prompt response. I know how to open the MODAL FORM using Javascript.  If I want to pass let say one variable to Child Form. How do i do this ? ... this variable is transaction id and shouldn't be part of the HTTP Query (Confidential). How can do this ?     ...

FTP a file to a FTP server with .NET code
    Hi,I want my web app to be able to upload a user submitted file via FTP to another server.  I'm checking out components and they seem way out of price range for me ($399+)  Isn't there some simple source code in .NET available ?   Or maybe somebody knows a good, reliable, cheaper component ?Any help much appreciatedthanks,mike123 See the Google search results for c# ftp upload, more specifically http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive9.html. RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question   ...

Help!! Problem accessing a WORD file in web server using C#.NET
Hi experts, I am trying to open the content of a WORD file from C#.NET which resides in the REMOTE SERVER, however I get an error:"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Server execution failed" when declaring new Word.ApplicationClass(). string fileName = this.btnWorkOrder1.Value;object readOnly = false;object isVisible = false;object saveChanges = false;object missing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value;object dynamic = 2; //error here:Word.ApplicationClass oWordApp = new Word.ApplicationClass(); Word.Document oWordDoc = oWordApp.Documents.Open(ref file, ref missing, ref readOnly,...

Access web form content from client side HTML file using javascript
I have two browser windows open, one an html file residing on the client and one an aspx page served up by the web server. Neither window is related to the other; neither one opened the other. Is it possible for javascript on the html file which resides on the user's local computer to "read" any of the information from the other open window? Ideally, I'd like to read a hidden input field from the web page. The solution only has to work in IE 6 and 7. Thanks in advance. Man, this sounds more like a virus, like spyware... Why do you need to do such thing? What I want is to open ne...

Transfer Text file from a ftp connection to sql server ----Using Scheduled integration services
I want to create a integration service from an visual studio environment 1 i need to retrieve a txt fiel from FTP connection on to my local machine 2. I need to import the data from the text file to a sql server 2005 3 . I also need to schedule it recursively   i created a visual studio new project ---> integration service project ----> added a Bulkinsertcopy control on to design view -----> defined the connection to the database -----> defined destination table ----> defined source file Right clicked on the bulk insert copy and executed the task the bulk ins...

can we deploy RDL files into report server without using web services through .Net
how can we deploy the reports into report server with out using web services from .Net. Is it possible. Hi vidyaIt is possible, after the initial deployment and folders were created. You could do the following:Browse to your reportserver. Normally [server]/reportsBrowse to the report and click on it. Select the report's 'Properities' Tab. Under the heading 'Report Definition' are 2 options 'Edit' and 'Update'. Use the 'Update' to upload the new rdl file. This will deploy a new version.Hope this helps,l0n3i200n Hi folks,             ...

Web resources about - how to use FTP to transfer file from client to server... - asp.net.web-forms

Talk:Asynchronous Transfer Mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Computing , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of computers , computing , and information ...

Inmate's transfer to isolated, poorly designed ward contributed to suicide
Transfer to isolated, poorly designed skill contributed to inmate suicide, coroner finds.

Barcelona Transfer News: Robert Deal Close, Latest Philippe Coutinho Rumours - Bleacher Report
Barcelona are reportedly close to completing a deal for Fluminense's Robert, with the youngster set to join in January on loan with a view to ...

PUSH TO EMPTY GITMO Report: WH plans biggest detainee transfer in years
PUSH TO EMPTY GITMO Report: WH plans biggest detainee transfer in years

Largest Gitmo transfer since 2007 is in the works
... that have housed suspected terrorists since it opened in 2002. Right now, the administration is on the verge of the largest detainee transfer ...

Cristiano Ronaldo Linked To Manchester City Transfer Again, City Players Confident Of Move
Cristiano Ronaldo has once again been linked to a transfer away from Real Madrid, and this time it has been alleged that Manchester City are ...

Transfer Your Notes from Evernote to Apple Notes with This Script
Ready to leave Evernote and move your notes to iCloud? This free Applescript is the quick and easy way to transfer your notes to Apple Notes. ...

Surry County real property transfers
Surry County real property transfers Mount Airy News Byron and Robin Hooper and Michael and Rita Wiles to Jean N. Guyer. Tract in Elkin. $85. ...

Transfers Could Reduce Guantánamo Detainees to 90
... as 90 by mid- to late January. Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter has notified Congress in recent days that he has approved 17 proposed transfers ...

Transfers Could Reduce Guantánamo Detainees to 90
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration appears to be on the cusp of the largest round of transfers of Guantánamo Bay detainees in a single month ...