how to use an inputbox to allow editing a textbox in vb.net?

hi, i'm using a textbox in my webform.

 i have placed two buttons edit and update(visible=false at pageload).

when the user clicks on edit an input box should appear to enter a password so that the textbox becomes editable. the update button becomes visible.then the user can enter and update the textbox. on clicking the update button, the textbox again becomes read only..

how to use an input box and validate the password? or is there a better way to do so? only a password has to be entered to allow the textbox to become editable............plzzzz help me coz i have very less time to submit my project....and i'm also working on other problems in datagrid....thanx everybody

0
smygle

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

how to edit rows in the gridview contol in windows form using vb.net
 hi, I'm neha and can anybody pls tell me how to edit the rows listed in gridview control in windows form using vb.net Its urgent . Thanks,Neha  In this lesson, you will learn about the GridView and FormView controls and how you can use some of the features of these controls to make editing and displaying of database content easier http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-07.aspxPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you nehakhanna:gridview control in windows form These forums are for ASP.NET (web sites / web applications), not wind...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

use of vb.net and c#.net

how can i write this line using vb.net : container.dataitem ?.... in vb.net its not working
Dim container As GridView = CType(newLinkButton.NamingContainer, GridView) Dim dataValue As Object = DataBinder.Eval(container.dataitem, _ColName)   _ColName its just a string a name of the field in my database   This is Vb.Net code man what you want? You can convert any format from this link http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer...

Run Vb.net Web app using Web Harpoon
Does anyone know what Begin Tag and End Tag to use to run a VB.Net web App in Web Harpoon? We are experiencing errors trying to run the app. Error --> The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted Thanks,   Erik...

Using the Textbox.Text on Dynmaicly Created Textboxes in VB.Net
I found a script that i modified to create textbox fields Dynamicly.  I am now faced with the delimia of figuring out a way to pull the data in those dynamicly created fields.  Since they are not defined, I have not found a way to use a variable to pull the data. Here is the code .aspx   <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="DynamicTextboxes.aspx.vb" Inherits="DynamicTextboxes" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-tr...

How to use InterBase with VS.NET (vb.net)??
Hi all; Q1:How can I use "InterBase" as a RDMS with Visual Studio.NET (VB.NET) for developing a small application?? Q2:What should I use for a Data Provider? Q3:How ConnectionString will be build?? Thanks in advanced!Regards,CS4Ever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped. This will help me, you and others....

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

Web resources about - how to use an inputbox to allow editing a textbox in vb.net? - asp.net.web-forms

gui - Easy to use AutoHotkey/AutoIT alternatives for Linux - Stack Overflow
I'm looking for recommendations for an easy-to-use GUI automation/macro platform for Linux. If you're familiar with AutoHotkey or AutoIT on Windows, ...

BASIC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BASIC is a family of general-purpose , high-level programming languages whose design philosophy emphasizes ease of use; the name is an acronym ...

Board Function
mental health review " class="inputbox" type="text" size="15" value="search..." onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='search...';" onfocus= ...

Email
Vicnet enables people to access the internet and information technology. It does this by delivering programs and services for the community, ...

Belarussian state medical university
, official site BSMU Belarusian state medical university Russian > " class="inputbox" type="text" size="20" value="search..." onblur="if(this.value=='') ...

Twitter component for Windows programmers
Twitter component for Windows programmers. Post your Tweets on Twitter, bowsing through Tweets, Integrated OAuth (Open Authorization), Authenticate ...

Threads
The current thread is defined as the flow of execution invoked by the most recent event; examples include hotkeys , SetTimer subroutines , custom ...

Archives: From the Editor's Desk
BiblioBuffet serves up a banquet of zesty book reviews piquant literary commentary, savory bibliophilistic observations and tantalizing conversations. ...

eNewsletter Sign-up
" class="inputbox" type="text" size="30" value="Search site . . ." onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search site . . .';" onfocus="if(this.value=='Search ...

Buy the Document Management Word Counter Optimizer Count My Text!
How to buy the unique document management word counter that automatically optimizes text for SEO, classifieds, forums, blogs, press release sites. ...