How to upload large files through FTP using Asp.net and VB.net

Hi,

I want you to tell me that how can i upload the large files through FTP using asp.net and vb.net. I have developed a page where user can upload his/her file which is about 1-5 mb but if file size increase upto 50 mb then my page do not work. If i try so, then find the following error:

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

So please help me out of this problem

0
Tauseef

unable to upload the large files using vb.net
Hi, I have code which uploads the file from client to server but when i tried to upload the large file of about 5 MB to 50 MB. Application took lot of time and finally gave an error. let me show you the code to upload.If Not File1.PostedFile Is Nothing And File1.PostedFile.ContentLength > 0 Then Dim fn As String = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(File1.PostedFile.FileName) dir.CreateDirectory(Server.MapPath("DataFiles") & "\" & txtcname.Text) Dim SaveLocation As String = Server.MapPath("DataFiles") & "\" & txtcname.Text & "\" & fn Try File1.PostedFile.SaveAs(SaveLo...

VB.NET
All, This is probably a much harder question than what should go in the "Getting Started" forum, but I am new and don't know where to put it. Anyways, I am currently developing an FTP class in VB.NET. It's kid tested, mother approved when trying to access an FTP Server on a Windows box meaning I can connect, run commands, upload and download a file no problem. My issues come when I try to use the same class with the same commands to access an FTP server on a UNIX box. I can connect and login just fine, but after that all my commands come back "500 'PWD': command not understood.". This is fo...

vb.net web project
Hi All, I have a situation in my web application whereby after accepting username & password from user I want to create a text file on web server and then upload it to somewhere via ftp? Any one can help me doing this please? Best Regards, Usman Why dont you have a Web Service on the server that creates the text file and then make an instance of it when someone login that is creating the file.Mikael Söderström...

use of vb.net and c#.net

converting vb.net 2003 files to vb.net 2005
Hi, i am beginner..i watch videos about vb.net..they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there any program which convert the code automatically?   thanks,Thanks,Speranza What videos are you talking about?  There are lots of great, up-to-date ASP.NET Videos on this site for free.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! i am talking about learnvisualstudio.net videos..Thanks,Speranza Speranza:they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there a...

What is the best ( faster) way for uploading Large Excel File(>150 MB) using VB.NET
Hi folks, I want to upload the very large size ( > 150 MB) excel file to the web server.. What is the best and faster way for this functionality. I know how to upload the normal size file .. just by changing the byte size in web.config file. But here i want the faster way to upload. Please help.  thanks in advance. Hi, I recommend using ftp. Hope it helps   ===================================================== Please don't frorget to mark as "Answered" if it helps. Thanks Hi Hanuman_guntupalli, I agree with Stoian Bucovich's advic...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

Error in using a VB.NET .exe file on a computer that hasn't studio net installed
I've create an VB.Net Console Application and i'm trying to make the exe run on another computer that has, let's say windows 98. i've installed on this computer the net framework but it doesn't seem to be enough. what do i have to install also? i've used the following references in my application (if it has anything to do with this): Imports System.IO Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel I've also copied on the test computer Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll in the same folder as the exe file. It doesn't give so many error, but one: Object reference not set to an inst...

How to ftp a file
server: ftp.mysite.comusername: adminpassword: adminpath: /images/ I have the following code which saves the file to C: drive as test.tif. So, can i ftp the same file to the above site directly instead of saving it to harddrive. <code>I am actually doing the following: by using the same code logic can i ftp it or if there is another method can you please show me.Dim proc As ProcessStartInfo = New ProcessStartInfo proc.Arguments = "c:\test.tif -feederon -h -n -r 200 -multipagetiff -o"Process.Start(proc)</code> Thank you very much for the information....

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Web resources about - How to upload large files through FTP using Asp.net and VB.net - asp.net.web-forms

EVs Will Not Gain Significant Market Share, Says OPEC
Originally published on Gas2. To hear the people who run OPEC tell it, the world will continue to consume oil in prodigious quantities for at ...

This might be the most exciting announcement from CES 2016
Last year's Consumer Electronics Show was the best event I've seen in years because it really was a glimpse at the future . We're currently in ...

Trump unveils first TV campaign ad, urges Muslim ban
Republican frontrunner Donald Trump on Monday unveiled his first TV ad of the presidential election campaign, demanding a ban on Muslims entering ...

John Oliver Reveals ‘Last Week Tonight’ 2016 Return Date In New Year’s Video
HBO ’s Last Week Tonight host John Oliver has some advice for keeping those New Year’s resolutions you’ve probably already broken. Lower your ...

'Y'all Qaeda': People aren't taking the armed militia in Oregon too seriously
What do you call cowboy hat-wearing militiamen who have taken over a federal building while criticizing the federal government with a deep southern ...

TR-8R: The Origins of the Surprise Breakout Character From ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
We knew that Gwendoline Christie ‘s character Captain Phasma didn’t have a huge role, but many fans were expecting the chrome-plated stormtrooper ...

Unknown armed men attack Indian Consulate in Afghanistan, gunshots continue
Xinhua Unknown armed men attack Indian Consulate in Afghanistan, gunshots continue Xinhua MAZAR-E-SHARIF, Jan. 4, 2016 (Xinhua) Afghan security ...

LIVE: Earthquake measuring 6.7 on Richter Scale hits Northeast; 6 dead over 50 injured
The earthquake, measuring 6.7 on the Richter Scale, occurred at 4.37 a.m and had its epicentre in Manipur's Tamenglong district bordering. Bangladesh, ...

Obama Opens 2016 With Another Big Push on Guns
On the first day of 2016, President Barack Obama began his final year in the White House with brief comments highlighting his accomplishments ...

Tiny radar chips could pave the way for self-driving cars
Self-driving cars won’t always need to have those propeller beanies on top to sense the environment around them. NXP Semiconductors has unveiled ...