how to upload a massive file(such as 1GMB) file using web browser ?thank you!

the control provided by asp.net only upload a small file,i want to use it to upload a massive file.
-1
hu58

set your timeout (for that page) to an insane number...  like 5 days or something.
Josh Withrow
http://www.LuckyDogDigital.com
http://Blog.LuckyDogDigital.com
1
JoshWithrow
2/9/2004 2:06:05 PM
Hi hu58,

My blog might give some info to you:
http://weblogs.asp.net/coltk/archive/2004/02/06/FleskUploader.aspx
Regards,
1
Colt
2/9/2004 3:32:30 PM
^-^
-1
hu58

web.pb and file upload (using type=file)
Hello all. Has anyone successfully _processed_ a form with a "input type = file" based file upload via a web.pb function call? I certainly won't work by declaring an argument as a blob and accepting it that way...unless there is some post call processing I'm missing.. I'm pretty sure it is a multi-part data stream problem. Anyone have a function out there to accept the form? Thanks in advance!! I'll owe you one. -W -- William Rompala J.P. Morgan -- Lose the X before william in email address to send mail ...

How to File Upload in file server by using web application C#
Currently I am working to upload a csv file  Upload in file server (not on webserver) getting error , I map Y drive to our file server. (y=\\fileserver\load\) Could not find a part of the path 'Y:\LeadsUpload\errorfixsales.xls'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'Y:\LeadsUpload\errorfixsales.xls'.   FileUpLoad1...

multiple file upload using my web form
Hi all. I work for a web company, and a website was built for a client, which lets the company that we built it for, upload images to their web server through the web page using a standard fileupload control. For each image they upload, some code in the background (vb .net) takes the details and adds the details to a database on the server, the loads the image to the server. On a regular basis they upload all their images this way, which can be hundreds of images! Is there a way for me to let them upload a folder full of images? This couldn't be an FTP job as code needs to work in the ...

File Upload on file server not on webserver, by using web application C#
I know how to upload files on webserver, but when trying to upload a file on different machine getting  error I am trying with FileUpLoad1.SaveAs(@"\\enterprise\LeadsUpload" + FileUpLoad1.FileName);getting error Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.  please help.DostMy website The server services authentication credentials don't have access to your unc path. Why not create a virtual path under you webserver that points to the unc provide the necessary credentials and then write to that path versus the unc path.  Which would also b...

Problem in Receiving the files that had been attached with my web form using a html file input
Hello there!,I am having trouble in receiving the attached files from a html file input !.First of all i have added a master page and made this form as a content page!Actaully the view state of this html file input is not maintaining when the page is posted back!. It says Request.Files.Count=0 even i had attached a file!Before adding the master page it worked fine!Could you please tell me a solution!,My Code isif (Request.Files.Count != 0){HttpFileCollection files = Request.Files;DataTable Table4 = new DataTable();DataColumn Doc_Name = new DataColumn();Doc_Name.ColumnName = "Documents&q...

File upload in chunks
So I downloaded the files from codeproject for the "upload files in chunks" application at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/XML/MTOMWebServices.aspx?df=100&forumid=250646&exp=0&select=2292508 I've adapted the c# code into vb.net and tests I run locally show it working ok.  Trouble is, the client side was written for windows application level client, not web, so I'm wondering if anyone has already got a bit of client side web coding to take an uploaded file and split it into chunks that is compatible with this web service at all? Well I use MTOM and WSE 3.0 ...

Is there a way to automate uploading file in a web page using html file input control?
I used a form with a web browser control on it to automate the process of connecting to a website entering the login and password and finish the process of uploading a file.As you navigate to the upload page i can't get the input file control to work automatically because the value property is read only and here is the code HtmlDocument loginPage = wb.Documanet;loginPage.All["file1" ].SetAttributes("value", @"C:\A\A.txt");              //this doesn't work Your help is appreciated. Mark as an answer if it helps. ...

How to File Upload and Download file ( .doc/.pdf/.gif/.exl) from server web browser C#

WEB FORMS and datasetS (do I have to repeat the file definition in every web form?)
I am working on vb.net.I have a project with 35 web forms and an access file with 18 tables.Until now I have defined the oledbadapters in every form by dragging the tables from the server explorer tool box.This is not a good idea because every time that I make a change on the database design I have to drag the new definition on 35 web forms and I have to create the datasets again. This is boring and time consuming!The question is:WHAT CAN I DO TO HAVE THE FILE DEFINITION ONLY IN ONE PLACE AND THAT EVERY WEB FORM WOULD TAKE THE DATA ADAPTERS AND DATASETS FROM THERE? how about if you write a...

Web Matrix Files Uploaded to a Web Site
Once a Web Matrix project file is complete, I would like to upload and run it from a live web site. What issues will I have with the "wmx" tag and MxDataGrid? To allow the page to find the non-framewrork included controls you'll need to add the DLL that contains the control to the bin directory of your application. So if your webapp lives in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myapp create a c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myapp\bin directory and copy the DLL there. Then your web app using that control should be working. HTH JDThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no r...

Uploading files on a web form
HI everyone, Being new to ASP.Net the only thing I know is that web forms don't support drag and drop and that they don't support the system.windows.form openFileDialog method. so, my question is: I need to have a button display a modal pop up window (with a fixed size) where the user can find a file to upload, which by the way I have no clue how to do. Then, I need to display the file's path and name on a textbox to let the user know that the file has been selected and upload the file to a new location. I appreciate any help. Thanks, Hi, To have a file upload control, yo...

cannot upload files through the web browser
Has anyone ever run into the problem of not being able to upload files to ifolder through the web browser, for me it just says uploading file but never does...please help!! Phil DeShazer wrote: > Has anyone ever run into the problem of not being able to upload files to > ifolder through the web browser, for me it just says uploading file but > never does...please help!! Which iFolder version, which OS on server & client, which browser? -- Bert Plat / bert @my-real-box.com -or- skype bertplat (txt only) "It must be hard for Christian Fundamentalists to fin...

Upload file from web form
Hi, I am using master and child page combination. I want to upload a file from web form (child page) to the server. How can I do this? thanks in advance.feed the creative machine I got it.Use ASP .net 2.0 fileupload control.Use the SaveAs method of the control to save the file on server.Its really simple.feed the creative machine...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

Web resources about - how to upload a massive file(such as 1GMB) file using web browser ?thank you! - asp.net.web-forms

Massive open online course - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A massive open online course ( MOOC ) is a type of online course aimed at large-scale participation and open access via the web . MOOCs are a ...

Kontagent Launches Massive Upgrade To Analytics Product
Kontagenet, the current Facebook analytics leader, is launching a new end-to-end analytics suite which is currently tracking over 70 million ...

Massive goes to war
Sometimes you just don’t know what to expect from research trips, especially when it’s a formal visit to any type of government agency, branch ...

Our Complete Rundown of Facebook’s Massive Platform Changes
For weeks now, we and other publications have been seeing screenshots and hearing rumors about big changes that Facebook has planned for its ...

Spoilers ahead. And this is not a movie, it's a TV show. Hopefully NakedJen won't mind. :-) Anyway... They were playing with us. I love it ...

What specific actions led to the massive rift between Facebook and Google?
Answer (1 of 2): To me, the biggest increase in tension was Google's launch of OpenSocial in 2007. After seeing the success of Facebook Platform, ...

Colossatron: Massive World Threat
Get Colossatron: Massive World Threat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Massive Change Exhibition at the MCA Chicago - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore chadmagiera's photos on Flickr. chadmagiera has uploaded 54004 photos to Flickr.

WATCH: Cows Kicked, Beaten, and Hanged at Massive Dairy Factory Farm - YouTube
Hidden-camera video taken by a Mercy For Animals Canada investigator reveals sadistic animal abuse at Canada's largest dairy factory farm a Dairyland ...

Rio Tinto finds massive Canadian diamond - AdelaideNow Search Search
RIO Tinto has unearthed one of Canada's largest-ever, gem-quality rough diamonds at its Diavik diamond mine in the remote Northwest Territories, ...