How to update dataset (xsd) if a new field was added into based table?

I created dataset object from "Add new item" named it as myOrder.xsd.

It is based a table Order.

How to update myOrder.xsd if a new field was added into Order?

I have to delete myOrder.xsd and then re-create it.

It is kind of stupid  way.

0
aspfun

I'm afraid that stupid way is the only way.
There is no conveient way in vs.net to synchronize them.
0
Raymond
1/12/2007 4:20:20 AM

hi,

I think you can first update the dataset, and use the dataset up the database

refer to this post

update a database from a DataSet object

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307587

Jessica Cao
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Jessica

After adding a date field in a web form update gives error
Hi I have a web form which is a part of asp.net application. This process updates a row of a table. This works fine. However, I needed to update a DueDate field. So I added the DueDate field in the form and changed the stored procedure and the corresponding code in asp.net. Now the update does not work. I am getting the following error message: @poduedate is not a parameter for procedure prr_out_projsearch_update1.  The following is the code for stored procedure: alter proc prr_out_projsearch_update1 @prr_id int,@changes_required bit,@NeedUpdate bit = 1,@datecompleted datetime ...

dataadapter UpdateAd method not updating new fields added to xsd
Hi,  I am using the classified kit for a new projects at work and have run into a problem that is really eating into my time now.  I have added new fields and gone ethrough the process of updating the Ads.xsd with the new parameters in the adapter methods etc. The regenerated data adapter code regenerates the UpdateAd method with all the new parameters but when called is not updating the values back to the database! However I added some fields to the Ads.xsd previously and it is working for these fields!?! I did notice that these previous fields have been added to the data adapt...

Adding a new field to a table with image field
Hi, I have a concern about adding a new field to a table with image field - which is huge. Will there be a problem with some databases, where they have a hard time locating data correctly after such a large field? Previously this happened to me, and what was advised to put all the big fields at the end of the table. Thanks.   I have not heard of such impact caused by the order of columns. When SQL search table to locate a row, it either uses table scan (when no index exists on the table) from the IAM page, or utilize indexes (clusetered/nonclustered)...

Adding new tables and fields to ASPNETDB and create new user wizard
I'm trying to add a new table and some fields like FirstName and LastName the the aspnetdb.mdb, so when my users register I can collect that information also. I have managed to create a 2nd table with UserID, firstname and lastname. I can get the unique userid to work in my new table but the firstname and lastname fields give me the error message below. I have modified the stored procedure aspnet_Membership_CreateUser to add in firstname and lastname. I have also created a view as with the other tables in the database. What am I missing? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Than...

One form to update different SQL tables based upon form selection
Hello, My company Intranet has a form that agents can use to post their comments about the company to upper management, but our customer service department would like to modify the form so that the agent has to pick from a comment type. The dropdown options on the form will be as follows: ComplimentsComplaintsGeneral CommentsSuggestions Each dropdown option has a designated table in a SQL DB.Using postback on the same page, I need to change which fields of the form are visible based upon which dropdown selection the user chooses, and I need the fields to then be inserted into the table t...

Adding new field to table
Using SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 and NT 4.0 with about 30 users on the network, when I add a new field to a table should I tell everyone to get off the network? Rick Charnes wrote: > > Using SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 and NT 4.0 with about 30 users on the network, > when I add a new field to a table should I tell everyone to get off the > network? They can be on the network, but they should probably log out of the database. If any user has a cursor open to the table you are attempting to alter, the database engine will raise an error message telling you that [name of logged in use...

new fields in a dataset table
 i have a simple access database that I havea a dataset for , I have tried adding a new field in the mdb file itself in table1 called testfieldthis testfield does not appear in the dataset designer of that table even after refreshingi then tried to add from the dataset designer , but it did not appear in the raw database mdb file , how do I add fields to a database after it has been connected to via a dataset , via the datasources and dataset designer etc thanks I've never found a way to do this, so if someone can shed some light, so please do! I've always had to d...

In XSD(typed dataset) file newly added Coloum to a table is not listed when calling dataset object
Dear All, I am working on a project using XSD files as the typed dataset.    Everything is going right but the problem is when I add a new column to the table in the XSD dataset file that added column is not listed when calling the dataset object. Can you please provide a solution, so that I am very thankful to you?  Thanks, JitendraJitendranadh Palaparthi...

How do I edit a dataset from a gridview and then iterate through the updated dataset? (.Net 2.0/VB/Visual Web Developer 2005)
I've got an editable gridview bound to a dataset. I would like to place a button below the gridview.  When it is clicked, I want it to submit the data in the gridview back into the bound dataset, and then i want to iterate through the records in the dataset.   Any code samples/documentation/references would be appreciated!The code for the gridview is here:<asp:GridView ID="gvfiles" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" EmptyDataText="No Records found!"> <Columns> <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Filename"> <ItemTemplate> ...

Submitting Web forms fields to sql database by clicking on SUBMIT FORM and sending the form fields to email box
I have a created or designed a form to be stored in a SQL database table and at the same time when a user clicks on SUBMIT button the form fields will automatically goto the visitor email address immediately. Also i have created a database with tables for each of this forms Pls help i have over 10 forms designed but the problem of submitting them to the table database and the user email address is the challenge now.... You ned to familiarise yourself with the basics of database access in ASP.NET.  There are free tutuorials here: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/da...

Adding new field into TT_User table
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help? I've added an extra field "Departments" into TT_User table and would like to be able to view the departments just like the roles column on Users Administration page. Can anyone, please tell me, which pages need to be changed in the Time Tracker project? 1. make change in add_user,update_user storeprosedure 2. use a text box or dropdown to enter department on user details form] 3. On click event of Save in UserDetails.aspx Write Usr.Department = Department.SelectedItem.Value similarly make required change on required ...

adding data to a table from a web form
I am tryint to pull information from a table to a webpage, that works fine. I am then trying to combine that inormation with the IP address, login name, store location of the person logged in at the time, that works fine. I have all of this populating a set of text boxes because I could not find any other way to do anything with it, that works fine.  Now, I need to write this information (from the set of Text Boxes) into a different table in the same database. The only examples of writing to a db I have found revolves around Updating or adding new. I can already get the information I ne...

Adding additional Fields on a web form
I am looking at creating an internal web based book ordering form. I am using VB.net visual studio 2003. I plan to have a drop down list to select the book you want to order, then you can enter the quantity of that book. However, I want the user to be able to select x number of books. I know how to add a static number of fields that a user can select from but how can I but have a drop down field with a textbox in a row format, then if it is used, another row with the same fields would appear. Even if I had to have a + button to add another row.  Thanks for the helps.   Shawn.Sh...

please tell how to update date field in table whenever the table is updated
suppose that if i update my table like inserting a record or deleting a record, the date field in the table gets updated automatically assuming that you are using sql server you can use the sql statement: 'update set lastupdated=getdate() where primarykey=5' getdate is the function to get the time and date of the sql server....

Web resources about - How to update dataset (xsd) if a new field was added into based table? - asp.net.web-forms

UAH satellite temperature dataset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The UAH satellite temperature dataset , developed at the University of Alabama in Huntsville , attempts to infer the temperature of the atmosphere ...

Data : Where can I get large datasets open to the public?
Answer (1 of 91): Here's the ones I've found most useful: CrunchBase, US Census, Google Public Data, Infochimps, Timetric, Factual, Freebase, ...

YouTube - Hans Rosling: Let my dataset change your mindset
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2009 http://www.ted.com Talking at the US State Department this summer, Hans Rosling uses his fascinating data-bubble software ...

The Mindset, Skillset, Dataset Approach to Social Media
... Social media is comprised primarily of unstructured data, which is difficult to analyze. A new approach called Mindset, Skillset, Dataset can ...

Sending large datasets to Amazon? Use the Post Office
Amazon has introduced a new method to move large amounts of data to and from …

Yahoo Releases the Largest-ever Machine Learning Dataset for Researchers
Yahoo is announcing the public release of the largest-ever machine learning dataset to the research community.

IDG Contributor Network: Are datasets truly anonymized? Two well-suited researchers are going to find ...
With little fanfare or formality, Adam Smith , associate professor of computer science and engineering in Penn State's School of Electrical Engineering ...

House GOP looks to shed light on EPA secret datasets
House Republicans have introduced a bill that would block the Environmental Protection Agency from crafting regulations based on “secret” scientific ...

Google Making It Easier to Transfer Huge Datasets on the Cloud
... Cloud Import services are now in preview mode, but could later be available on a widespread basis to help enterprises move their large datasets ...

Environmental datasets, reverse auction legislation and military email
News and notes from around the federal IT community. The White House's Data.gov has added five datasets to the Ecosystem Vulnerability theme ...