How To: Reference controls in footer row from an item row

I'm familiar with using the e.Item.FindControl command when manipulating controls from an item row or footer row when you are actually in (editing) that row.  I'm also familiar with determining what "Type" of row I'm in. What I'm having troubles with is referencing a control in the footer row of a datagrid while I'm actually in (editing) an item row.  Can this be done?

Thanks
Mike
0
mjmcmahon

How to add a footer row to a table after deleting all footer rows
I'm sure this is a very easy thing to do, but I can't figure out how to do it. I have a table, and I deleted all the footer rows.  Now I would like to add one footer row.  How do I do that? If I right-click on the detail row and select Insert Row Below, it is, of course, another detail row. I'm stumped -- thanks for any help you can give!Cynthia Do you have groups in your table?  You should be able to right click on any table row and toggle the corresponding menu item to show the table header, details or footer.  It is in the right click menu includ...

unable to get reference to control in gridview footer row
when i try to reference my dropdownlist in the footer row of the gridview i get an "object reference not set to an instance of an object"it is odd because i have done this many times before without any issues. i can't see what is wrong with it: <asp:GridView ID="gvPastOrders" runat="server" DataSourceID="odsPastOrders" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="OrderID" CellPadding="6" Font-Names="Verdana,Arial,Tahoma" Font-Size="X-Small" ShowFooter="True"> <Columns&g...

Setting visible false of a footer row in a form view control
I have a form view control in my web form in which there is a footer template that contain two buttons . On edit mode of a form view control I need to disable/ invisible the footer row of the control so that these two button will also be disabled /invisible ,I have tried both the following line of codes but for no use. Is there any other way to disable/invisible the footer row ??? FormView1.FooterRow.Visible = false; FormView1.FooterRow.Enabled=false;Footer row works like a container ,disabling footer will also disable teh button inside it--- does it work like this way or not ?I have a...

First Row, Next Row, Prior Row, Last Row
I have a SQL Anywhere 7.0 Database, have a table Product_detail which contains Column Name Datatype width Null Default batch_id char(10) No None prod_id Integer No None employee_id Integer No None quantity Integer No None price Numeric (14, 2) No None Its primary key is batch_id I have a Freeform Datawindow with this table I want to provide the first row, next row, prior row and last row Ho...

vs.net web forms wysiwyg resize row problem
I don't know if someone ever when throw this problem, but something weird is happening with the wysiwyg from web forms of .net, the problem is the following: sometimes when i'm selecting a control in the HTML mode it selects to resize the row by mistake, the resize mouse pointer appears and i click to drop the resize mode, but then i'm not allowed to go outside of the table that i resized the row even dropping the resize mode, i try to change to code mode, and it allows to go beond the table but when i get cack to HTML mode it doesm't i'm forced to restart the vs.net, this is quite anoyng...

Scroll row by row in a datawindow control
Hi. I have a tabular datawindow object with one group and all my data is displayed in the header group and the detail band is not visible. when i run my application and i want to scroll the data the datawindow control scrolls the data page by page and i need it row by row. How can i do this? thank you in advanced You will have to move your data into the detail band. "Row" in datawindow is contents of the detail band. Igor "Fernando Pe�a" <Fernando_Pe0xL1A4za> wrote in message news:943886BF87C590640077873785256A65.0077874785256A65@webforums.....

How to add new rows in the form of rows
Hi, I can able to insert,delete and update record in gridview but cannot able to insert any new rows in the gird. In windows application we can insert new records(using DataGridView) into the database but not in web page. How to insert the records in gridview like control. Please tell me how to insert records in database in the form of rows. I mean i want to enter 20 records at one time.   Thanks.   Regards ArshadPlease Mark as Answer if the post is helpful to you. hi, Have you set the property AllowUserToAddRows=True; for the datagridview?????  If you are us...

How to display the more than one row with items and buttons in gridview control. when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in g
Hi,when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in gridview.Here i would like to change this way "when i click more than one category at same time. it should be display selected item and button."For example: if i have to select Fruits, Apples from categories.  it should be display like 1st "row have Fruits and In 2nd row have Apples and button" in gridview.the button have some event.How can i do it? Please can anyone answer me.With kind requestThanks your query is very raw..can u details it out...Pl...

Getting the Selected Item of dropdownlist inside Web User Control on a Web Form
Ive got a dropdownlist control inside a web user control called Entity.ascx. This web user control is on a webform.aspx. In Entity.ascx class I created a SelectedEntity property that returns the selected item in the dropdownlist. Inside webform.aspx when btnGo is pushed I set a string and pass it in the url. I am trying to get the entity they selected via the property (SelectedEntity) inside Entity.ascx. As the SelectedEntity property tries to return the selected item in the dropdownlist I get this error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance...

ADO.net problem: i can not view image data for the rest of my table rows except the image for the first row but i can read all the other non image fields for all rows.
Hi i have a table with the following fields imgid............int imgdata........image imgtitle.........varchar(max) imgType........varchar(max) imgLength.....bigint incident_id.....int i have no problem with uploading the image but viewing the uploaded image(s) in a gridview has caused me great pain. The probelm is i have two pages. page1 grabs the image to display and page2 has a gridview that displays the grabed image. I wanted to have an sql statement like SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE incident_id=someValue. IF i have 5 records in this table and i view page2 ...

In vb oDs.Tables(0).Rows(i).Item(0) = strId for that C# oDs.Tables[0].Rows[i].Item[0] = strId; is not working
 In aspx.vb page I have written the code oDs.Tables(0).Rows(i).Item(0) = strId for that I have write C# code like this  oDs.Tables[0].Rows[i].Item[0] = strId;it is giving error that Item[] is not found. For C#, Item for columns is implied.oDs.Tables[0].Rows[i][0] = strId;  Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you."If we learn from our mistakes, I should be brilliant by now."...

DetailView (Header in one Row and Item or Value in other Row)
My second question is, how can I put header in one row and ItemValue in other row. Currently the detail view is showing data as following structure: FieldName:         FieldValueFieldName:         FieldValueFieldName:         Listitem1                           Listitem2            &nbs...

Web resources about - How To: Reference controls in footer row from an item row - asp.net.web-forms

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

Child sex abuse royal commission: Senior politician to be grilled over reference
A former deputy Premier will again take the stand on Tuesday to explain why he gave a positive job reference to a man he knew to have sexually ...

How many Nazi references in the Republican race is enough? Top Stories
Check out Neil Macdonald's take on the two main contenders in the wild race for the Republican nomination. And, Canada Post's plans for the community ...

VA, reference pricing and the value of options
@hyperplanes eg, you can get free care at VA, or get a reimbursed at the reference price for care anywhere else. — Matthew Martin (@hyperplanes) ...

10 of the best movie references you’ll ever see in popular TV shows
I'm torn when it comes to breaking the fourth wall in TV shows . It can be a fun, clever way to connect with the audience, but it can also break ...

"As much as Poppy Bush scoffs at 'the D-word,' as he calls any reference to dynasty, the Bushes do consider ...
... re-defended myself: "Servants" seems like the right word for people who occupy the servants' quarters within a house, especially when the reference ...

Donald Trump prompts Nazi references
Some conservatives and political commentators say the GOP frontrunner's rhetoric has crossed the line

Arrow: Easter Eggs and DC Comics References in "Brotherhood"
This was a weird week for Arrow, in terms of the crazy minutia we generally look for.There were a [...]

The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit
The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit

Virginia Mayor References Japanese Interment to Make Point About Syrian Refugees
Today, Roanoke, Va., mayor David Bowers acknowledged similarities between banning assistance to Syrian refugees based on their country of origin ...