How to pass parameters to a new window and set dimensions

I need to pass parameters to a new window and set dimensions. I can open a new window

and pass parameters as shown below but how to set the dimensions and other properties(like
location=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes etc..) of a new window.
pls suggest me. Thanks in advance.

ASPX Page:
---------
COURSE_TITLE" DataValueField="course_id" Width="322px" AutoPostBack="True"></asp:
dropdownlist></td>
textbox></td>
>Upload</asp:hyperlink></td>
---------
Code behind:

Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles
MyBase.Load
Dim sUrl As String = "NewPage.aspx?Id=" & cboCourseId.SelectedItem.Value & "&RunNo=" &
txtCourseRun.Text
LinkToUpload.NavigateUrl = sUrl
End Sub

0
heads

Use width and height in the features parameter. See this page for a reference.

Steven Bey

Recursion: see Recursion
0
stevenbey
1/28/2004 11:45:54 AM
I think you can use javascript:

Dim sUrl As String = "javascript:window.open('NewPage.aspx?Id=" & cboCourseId.SelectedItem.Value & "&RunNo=" & txtCourseRun.Text &"','newwin','width=100,height=100')"
I'm not sure if it will work, but the idea should work. The downside is that the browser MUST support javascript, AND that the user has Javascript turned on.

Willeus Acuña :)

Visit hotblue.com - tons of advice on .NET programming!

Comprehensive .NET directory with 8,000+ articles indexed.
0
hotblue

Javascript: passing parameter to new window, then diplaying the parameter in the new window
hey i have this jscript function which worksfunction windowPopUp(_name, _url, _width, _height){window.open(_url, _name, "width="+_width+",height="+_height+", scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes"); } which i call with this <a href="javascript:windowPopUp('Open Links', 'addEditLinks.aspx', 400, 200);">Add</a> in my new window: 'addEditLinks.aspx, i want to display 'Open links' in a textbox or whatever .. how do i get this value from the javascript to display Hi There, You can use window.parent.name to get the na...

Passing parameters from web form to windows modal form
Dear All, How can I pass a parameter from an ASP.NET web form (.aspx) to a windows popup modal form? I have a web form that show a list of items in a data grid, when user click on one of the item in the list, the item details is retrieve from database and show on the popup modal form. To retrieve the item details from the database in the modal form, the item ID need to pass to the modal form. How can I do it? Please help. Thanks in advance. Do you mean with windows modal form literally winform or just popup (web page) which is modal? You can open modal web pages using window.showModa...

Entering data in old aspx form only after saving data in new web form opened in new window
Dear all, i am facing a problem. please solve it. i have created two .aspx pages, say, page1.aspx and page2.aspx. with the help of client-side javascript i am opening page2.aspx from page1.aspx in a new window. So, page1.aspx and page2.aspx remains open at the same time. what i want is, i don't want the user to able to activate or enter data in page1.aspx without saving data in page2.aspx. regards subhajit use window.showModalDialog() instead of window.open() when the child window is closed, in this case, program execution continues on the next line after the showModalDialog...

How to open a new web form in a new window?
How to open a new web form in a new window when we click on a button? Ex: I Have a Webform1.aspx which has a button and a few other controls. When click on the button i need to open a small window with Webform2.aspx which has a few other controls, the user enters the data and clicks on ok when we need to save and close webform2 and go back to webform1.aspx. How to do this? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks. Check out these articles: http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/Modal_Dialog.asp http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2003/Sept/ModalPopupInASP.NET.asp Darrell Norton, M...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Unusual problem where form parameters are not being passed to a .NET form
Hi, I am using Visual Studio 2005 on Windows 2003 (64 bit) and have a very unusual problem and would appreciate any help. Requirement - The Web application is part legacy part ASP part .NET. I have a requirement to show a Cyrstal PDF report in a new browser window. To do this I load and auto submit an ASP form which submits to a .NET form that opens in a new window. The .NET form generates the Crystal PDF file and response.redirects to display the report in the new window. Problem - On my development manchine (which hosts the web server) the application works as planned. Howeve...

How to Pass data to pop up form, allow user to add new value, pass new value back to form to do Insert
I have a grid view that shows the user the last meter readings (hours) for several generators. The meter readings need to be added daily.  I would like the user to be able to select the meter record from the grid view and have a pop up javascript form open that would allow the user to enter a new meter reading. Then after I do validation, do an insert of the new reading to the database. Is that a reasonable way of doing what I want? If not, can you give me a suggestion as to how to do it differently. Thanks. Hi..   Instead of opening window to ente...

A new window that will be set to full screen size as opposed to setting dimension properties
I'm wondering how i can cause a new window to be opened that fits the full size of the users screen. IE without having to specify the windows width and height properties. Heres my current window open code: String script = "<script language='javascript'> window.open('JobOverviewScreen.aspx', 'Secure', 'width=1000, height=400, status=no,toolbar=no,address=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes')</script>"; Response.Write (script); Include fullscreen=yes in the features parameter. See http://javascript.internet.com/navigation/full-screen.html Steven BeyRecursi...

open a new window and passing the value to that new window..
i am trying to open a new window by clicking a button.. how can i set target for it? thanks... btnSubmit.Attributes.Add("onClick", "window.open('test.htm');"); if(youTryToBeSmarter) { i.WillTryToBeNicer(); } where does this line go? within the code? or within the html? waht if i want to pass the value.....?? it goes under page_load sub. you can also do a response.redirect("test.aspx?var=" & txtTest.text ) am passing the value in txtTest text box to test.aspx page. and you can get the value frm querystring using dim getval ...

Passing parameters to a web form
Hi, I am currently passing parameters to a web form by calling it like this:  http://www.foo.com/bar.aspx?parameter1=7&parameter2=3  Now I want to programatically change the values of the parameters in my Page_Load method. In order to access parameter1, I would call Request["parameter1"], but Request is read-only. So I don't know how I would change parameter1 to another value, for example 5.  So far the only thing I can think of is putting in the line: Response.Redirect("http://www.foo.com/bar.aspx?parameter1=" +  p1Value + "&parameter2=" + p2Value);&nbs...

Passing parameters (windows to web)
Is there any way to pass parameters from a windows app to a webapp w/o using QueryString? these paremeters contain sensitive information.  thanks  Could you not encrypt them?If my reply helps answer your question then please mark as answer. I would say no, and encrpytion would be the best way of hiding the data. Another way is for your windows app to create a html file, navigate to it and then use some scripting for it to post some data to a given url, but thats a really messy solution.     Hi, Firstly, there are lots of ways to securely transfer the values in ...

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

install new web application with new web.config settings
Hello I like to know how other people are dealing with settings that are stored in the web.config and different versions of your application. - Are you making a smart setup.exe that will update the web.config?- store settings somewhere else that's easier to update (where??)- other options.. Thanks for sharing! Marco...

Web resources about - How to pass parameters to a new window and set dimensions - asp.net.web-forms

Google / Firefox Parameter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HS what? www.seroundtable.com/archives/017105.html

Alternatives to boolean parameters