How To Pass an ItemId from one ascx control to another ascx control in the same page

Hi All,

I am new to Asp 2.0. previously i worked on DotNetNuke. now i shifted to this asp 2.0. and here i am developing a site in that site i am using controls just like modules in the dotnetnuke. so i got one doubt here that is in the dotnetnuke if i want to pass an id from one ascx control to another ascx control there i used EditUrl function so it is very simple. but here there is not such a function for navigation from one ascx control to another ascx control. so can any body help me regarding this.

Regards,
Ram Mohan Rao Adduri,
Techinical Associate,
eSymbiosis
Hyderabad.
Mobile: 9490118545
0
rmr

Easiest to use the web page as it is the parent of both.  You can create properties on the controls and get the web page to assign one to another, and also add events to the controls for the web page to listen to, and then pass to the required control

see http://forums.asp.net/1171631/ShowPost.aspx

If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.
0
sbyard

How to pass control values from one ascx user-control to another???
Our site is set up using a primary default aspx page that is used as the "base page" for everything. On this page, we dynmaically place various user controls at run-time. This gives us a functionality similar to using frames where the outer-frame actually just sits there while various webfiles are loaded inside of it. Works great except for one thing... trying to figure out the best way to pass control names/values accross user controls. When the same usercontrol is posting back to itself this is a non issue. So far most of our functionality has worked well using the local...

How to pass textbox control value from UserControl page(ascx) to Page Control(aspx).
I have 2 files(aspx and ascx). the aspx page  has a Web user control(ascx) in it.Once the button control click(in aspx) I want to get the value from the textbox(ascx) controland pass it to label control in aspx page.Can somebody help with this and please use VB.Thanks A simple search would have turn up many different solutions.  The easiest is to just expose the textbox value as a property in your control.  Then you can retrieve that value on the aspx page. Add this to your control: Public Property TextBoxValue() As String   Get   &...

How to databind control in one web page from another web page
Hi all,  I have a listbox control and a button control in a web page. Once the user clicks the button another web page is opened. The new web page will accept some data from the user which will be used to databind the listbox in the first web page. In other words, the two web pages ( the parent window and the child window) are open at the same time. The child page needs to databind a control in the parent page. Is there a way to do it? I need some code. Thx in advance Update: I hate to do this. Looks like I will have to take help of viewstate and session si...

Accessing the controls (dropdowns, textboxes...etc) from one ascx to another ascx
Hi, i have one aspx page which binds one header.ascx which has filters like textbox, dropdownlist...etc, another which is content.ascx which has grid. i need to access the controls in header.ascx from content.ascx and get the result and bind the datagrid. i tried to declare the controls as public and tried to access in contents.ascx. and also tried to create an instance of the header.ascx in contents.ascx and tried to use findcontrol like Header headerControl = new Header() Dropdownlist drop = headerControl.FindControl("dropedown1") as new Dropdownlist; also tried with explici...

How to pass data from one control (ascx) directly to another?
Hello, I have an aspx page that contains 2 user controls (ascx) on it. the left control is basically navigation hyperlinks, the right control is basically content display depending on what was clicked in the left control. ** trying it this way to avoid using frames ** I was hoping to get some help with was how to pass info to the right control what was selected from the left control (IDs, etc). can you specify a "target" like in frames in the URL of the nav link? not sure how to "call" the right control with data to drive its display. I'm looking to avoid ...

Mapping data/text fields using a control WITHIN another control (.ascx page)
I have created a custom user control that renders two links:Pick from Contacts and Add to Contacts ...and that also auto-generates javascript to map certain attributes of the control to certain text fields. An example below: <asp:TextBox id="sAgentLenderCompanyName" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> <uc:CFM id="CFM" runat="server" CompanyNameField="sAgentLenderCompanyName"></uc:CFM> This custom control of mine works wonderfully, because I only ever have to map the control's attributes to the id's of ...

how to pass ddl1.selectedvalue from a content page to a User Control page ( ascx page)
 Hi All,I have a DropDownList in a content page. i would like to access its selectedvalue my user control page. the below is DDL<asp:dropdownlist id="ddl1" runat="server" autopostback="true">            <asp:listitem value="6" >6</asp:listitem>            <asp:listitem value="12" >12</asp:listitem>            <asp:listitem value="24"...

Validating web user control(ascx) in parent page (aspx) -- .NET 1.1
Hi,  I have a user control which has some asp.net server controls like drop down list, list box etc. These fields are required. I'm using this control in a parent page which has its own server controls which are also required. The button on the parent page which is supposed to validate the controls is not working after I add the web user control.  Is there a work-around for this scenario  other than manually calling Page.Validate() and checking for Page.IsValid property ? I tried calling a javascript on button click which calls Page_ClientValidate() whic...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

How to access master page controls from .ascx controls?
I have a site where a master page is defined with a placeholder control in it. In the content page I have am accessing various ascx controls from within webpanels (each panel loads an associated ascx file). In one of the ascx files, I want to programmatically change the content of the placeholder that I put on the master page. How do you access this? E.g. Master page :- .... <asp:placeholder id="BreadCrumbs" runat="server" /> ..... In my default.aspx page I have :- ..... <asp:contentwebpart id...

User Control and Controls in another web page
Hi everyone, Could anyone could help me? I am using a user control called "Menu" and inside this Control there is a button Called "Update". I added this Control in my webpage say "webPage1" , when i press on the button "Update" i make an instance from my webPage and Call a function called "Update" from webpage1, inside this function i collect all the text field and droplist values to insert it in the update statement But the Problem is that text fields=Nothing is there is something i should do on the user control or web page ...

Calendar control in web user control (ascx)
I have a web page called calendar.aspx It has calendar control and onselectionchanged i have a procedure (Change_Date). Protected Sub Change_Date(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) If Not Request.QueryString("textbox") Is Nothing Then Dim strScript As String = "<script>window.opener.document.forms(0)." + Request.QueryString("textbox").ToString + ".value = '" strScript += CalPopup.SelectedDate.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy") strScript += "';self.close()" strScript += "</" + "script>" RegisterClientScriptBlock("Calendar_ChangeDate", strScript) End If ...

Web resources about - How To Pass an ItemId from one ascx control to another ascx control in the same page - asp.net.web-forms

Run-fests no more as bowlers take control in Adelaide
The extent to which batsmen struggled in Adelaide would have exceeded even the most pessimistic of forecasts.

ConnectSense Smart Outlet lets Siri control two HomeKit Wi-Fi wall sockets, USB charge iPads
... “smart plugs” previously released by iHome , ConnectSense has debuted the Smart Outlet with Apple HomeKit ($80) , which combines two Siri-controlled ...

‘Enough Is Enough’: Obama Demands More Gun Control After Colorado Shooting
President Obama again turned to gun control as a potential solution to the horrific act

Obama pushes for gun control after Colorado shooting
"This is not normal," president says after gunman fatally shoots three people, including police officer, at Planned Parenthood facility

Windows 10 vs. OS X: Which gives sys admins more control?
Now, nearly everything can be managed as if it were a mobile device, using APIs at the operating system for assured reach and consistent implementation ...

Boldin: Gabbert 'heck of a quarterback, he's poised, under control'
Skip to main content CSN Bay Area Header links TV Listings Contact App Email Follow Bar RSN login or register Login Search form Search 43° Navigation ...

Mind-Control Bacteria Stop You From Eating Too Much
Gut microbes release proteins that stop the brain from thinking you're still hungry.

Indonesia says pilot response to faulty rudder control caused AirAsia crash
Indonesia says pilot response to faulty rudder control caused AirAsia crash

Easy Power Supply Mod Takes Control
... supplies are great for the home hobbyist, featuring wide voltage range and current limiting for a low price. What’s not to love? The controls; ...