How to make web application load faster in browser after build...

Is there a way to make a web application load faster in the browser after a build?

Whenever I build a web application, and want to test it in a web browser, it takes a 'long' time to initial load the newly build web application.

Is there a way to make this faster?

Every time I change a little bit of code, it takes more than 45 seconds to load the newly build web application.

0
denman

Check debug section in web.Config - set batch="false".  There is no way to increase studio's build speed. May be add more RAM :)

May the Force be with you
0
nKognito
4/11/2008 9:28:08 AM
  • Every time I change a little bit of code, it takes more than 45 seconds to load the newly build web application

Whether every time it is taking 45 seconds to load Application (start) ?  Is there any Database operations with that page ?

Please Make more clear.

Thanks.

Thanks,
----
j@y

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post(s) which helps you !
0
Dexter007

Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ?
I have a series of existing sites, but I need to make a PPC version of them (there already is one, but it uses standard web forms). Since the code-behind looks a lot in the PC and in the PPC version, I'd like both versions to use the same files for the code. I'm left with 2 options : - either create a new mobile web application for each existing web application, and put all the code behind in .dlls which I'll call from each page ; - or, if this is possible (and I'd rather do it), simply add mobile web forms to the existing web applications and redirect at login to the appropriate ve...

web web web

How to make Master page to be visible=false for particular web form in a web application
Hi all,         I am using master page in my application. i have selected masterpage while adding a new form. But now i don't want the master page in one of my web form.Can any  one help in solving out this. Radhi Remove the masterpage name in the @page attribute and add the other HTML tags that are needed in a webformVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you Hi Radhika, Simply do this page.MasterPageFile=nothing  Do mark as answer if it helpsBest RegardsAli Sufyan ButtSoftware EngineerElectron...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Making a Web Application the 'root' web application
For anyone out there who asked this question, here is the answer I just got from engineereing: -------------------------------- This is already supported (in 3.6.1). User has to just setup the alias using the server properties. I am not sure if the user is asking for a feature that makes it automatic. I am ccing Craig Sandvik - this may have been an undocumented property/mechanism so far. >From Jan-Hua's earlier email: "Use jagmgr, select "Servers" then select the server you are running (usually it is call "Jaguar"). From the "File" me...

Call one web application forms with in another web application ..
I am having forms named A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 in my web application1. And i am having B1,B2,B3,B4 and B5 in my web application2.I am using Windows authentication for my web application1. And i am using Form Authentication for my web application2.I am planning to host these 2 applications in 2 different servers.Here i am planning to have web application1 as a stand alone application.And Web application2 should interact with web application1.I want to call my web application1 forms in my web application2.But both authentication types are different.........???How to do it....??Any ideas ??Kamran Shahi...

How to make the Enter key act as the Tab key in PB 11 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I am using PowerBuilder 11 build 6525 to develop a .NET Web Forms application. I would like to make the Enter key behave like the Tab key for our end users to input data (in DataWindow and EditMask controls) inside this application. I have found that in JavaScript, something like the following code can achieve what we want: if (event.keyCode==13) {event.keyCode=9; return event.keyCode;} N.B. Enter key has the keyCode 13 while Tab key has the keyCode 9. However, it seems that all the key press related events (such as "pbm_dwnprocessenter" and &quo...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Unable to open existing Web application or create web application from Visual Studio.Net
I reinstalled MS office this morning. All of sudden, I can neither open existing web application nor create new Web application. The symptom is the same as described in thread: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=417541 or http://www.dotnetcoders.com/web/Articles/ShowArticle.aspx?article=57 Tried every suggestion. Still can't do anything. When I tried to check server extention, I got following error message: can't open file "fontpg.lck" for writing Do anyone has any suggestion? Could anyone tell me what permission should I set? I added A...

Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released! Version 1.0 Released on March 10 2005 ...

Running a web application within my existing web application
 Hi. I have a site set up in .net 1.1 that runs fine. A requirement came through recently to incorporate some elements by way of a third party application. I have set up a virtual directory inside my main application which points to the folder that contains the third party application. This virtual directory is also set up to run as an application. The third party application allows me to create forms. I have created a page in my main application that uses 1 user control from the third party application to display a form. I am getting the following error when trying to run the page:Serv...

How to add multiple web forms to the same web application?
Hello all, I'm a newbie to asp.net as well as visual studio.net. Basically, I want to create only ONE web application to contain all of the "web form" pages of a website, but these pages should be in different subfolders. Now I noticed that, in visual studio.net, I can only add new web forms to the root directory of the web application. (I hope I'm wrong) Now here is my question: how can I add web forms in those subfolders? Many thanks in advance for your response! San first right click your project and add new folder then right click this folder and add new web...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web resources about - How to make web application load faster in browser after build... - asp.net.web-forms

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...