how to hide menubar in pop up window

In the previous ASP, I can have a link open a new window with different options using javascript.

e.g. I can hide the menubar, set the size, give a name to the pop window etc...
window.open("www.test.com","moreInfo","toolbar=0,resizable=1,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,WIDTH=" 100 ",height="100 ",left=60,top=20");
However in the ASP.NET, there is only one option "Target=_blank".
Does anyone how to set these option in .NET?
0
terrence

Are You using Server Controls? For things like that I recommend using HTML client code, just like old ASP
Pack of control for .net
http://www.extendersamples.qsh.eu
0
rodiniz
8/12/2002 7:21:38 PM
take a look at my RemoteWindow control at metabuilders.com.
0
Andy
8/12/2002 7:24:27 PM
Thanks Andy, the code works Great!

One more question, if I want to set the property for ID="Remotewindow1" in my code behind *.aspx.vb . How to I imports that?
I want to set the remotewindow1.navigateURL = (something dynamic)
Thanks again.
0
terrence
8/13/2002 4:34:11 PM
Terrence,

Did you ever received the answer to this post? I am looking to do the same thing.
Thanks
Alexander
0
AlexanderHanna
12/20/2003 3:15:58 AM

hi

Prefer this site........

http://www.webwonks.org/WebBuilding/PopupWindows.html#PositioningWindows

Warm Regards,

Jayu.
Impossible Is Nothing
0
jayu
4/11/2006 11:02:42 AM
Just remember that if you want to access the window elsewhere, it's a good idea to use a global javascript variable to store the reference (rather than declaring it inside the function where you open the window).

Peter Brunone
MS MVP, ASP.NET
Founder, EasyListBox.com
Do the impossible, and go home early.
0
PeterBrunone

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

pop up window from web form
I have a web form which has a button, after the button clicked, a pop up window will display some Info from web form(parent form).  there are update button in the pop up window. after the updated button clicked, the pop up window will send some info back to web form( parent form). my problem is my code in my local machine, after the  the updated button clicked in the pop up window. the pop up window won't  send some info back to web form, in another word. after updated button clicked, some info in parent form not be updated. but same code in QA server the Info in parent f...

pop up style windows for a web form
I am using VS 2005 and in my try catch blocks i have some javascript written in the catch block.  So if there is a error on the page I catch the error and show it in another window that opens up like a pop up.  The thing is that it runs ok and the code works but if there is an error and the javacript is written to the form it will mess up the font and for that page, eveything getts really large.  Below is my code is below, is there any way that when it writes the java it will not mess up the formating of my form.  I am only doing it like this because as far as i...

.Net Windows Control in Web Form
Hi all,How can I use a .Net windows control in a web form? I use object tag but it doesn't work and displays empty.Thanks in advance cheers Hi, you can check this article out: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form. This shows only how to host the control. If you want interaction with the client you can do this by setting the correct CAS (Code Access Security) settings on the client pc. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Thanks guys for your replycheers...

Web Forms or Windows Forms
Hi; I got started a new project for a company's Intranet. This is a test database system which we will use as a pool and put data and update,del,add simply modification operations on.I am learning .NET and implementing this system together I am using web-forms now.Everyone enters their pass and user-name to be able to use the system.But I can implement this system with Windows Forms also.At this case if you were me which form system you would use? Thank you for your replies There are definate advantages to using Web Forms since they do not have to be deployed to each client...

how to make all Web Forms display like a Pop-up Window?
hi guys, i just wanna know how to display all my ASP.NET webforms like a pop-up message window?i mean no Address Bar, no Menu Bar, no Status Bar,javascript has a mean to do this, but i dont know if it will work with ASP.NET forms. don't just accept influenceshttp://thedailyarr.tkhttp://www.ftpx.com/index.html You would have to open the window with javascript to turn those off, and even so, the user can disable script from being able to do those things. Tabbed browsers make it much more likely the user will have those settings set so that you cannot do that. What problem are you trying...

Pop-Up Help Web Form in a separate browser window?
Hi everyone...new guy again. This *seems* like it should be simple ... I'm using C# and ASP.NET 2.0 w/ Visual Studio 2005. On my Web page I have a button named ShowHelp.  When a user presses ShowHelp I would like to present them a help.aspx page in a separate browser window.  The idea is that they press ShowHelp, they read the information, and then have to close the popup help.aspx page to continue. I've looked at Response.Redirect ("help.aspx", false) which works great to present the information, but it is shown in the same current browser window.  I was kinda thinking a s...

Converting Windows Form to Web Form
Is it possible to convert a windows form to a web form? I want to convert a VB 6.0 application I worked on for a year(24 forms) to a web application. My plan is to migrate form VB 6.0 to VB .NET and then to ASP.NET Thank u in advance. well an ASP.NET app can do anything that a VB6 app can do, that is for sure :) so it is possible the question is how easy? how well did you keep separate business from user-interface logic? it may be as simple as cuttting/pasting a bunch of methods, and dropping a few visual components to call them. to maintain full compliance with...

How do you call a windows form from a web form?
hi,  i doing a vb project which include a web form and a windows form.   How do you call a windows form from a web form? can any kind souls plz tell mi haha....my email is EDITED. i appreciate the help   regards kit  EDITED By: longhorn2005 This gives you an idea using VS 2003-- most of it is still relevant:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/01/UserCtrl/---------------------------------------MCP - Web Based Client Development .NET 2.0 I am attempting to do something similar, I have an existing windows form application that I was asked to i...

how to include a windows form in a web form
can sombody tell me how to include a windows form in a web form. what you mean by this....  can expain more about what you are trying to achieve..... The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes Hi, Not very sure by what you mean, but if you want to place a windows form control on a webform, then you can embed a 'Windows Control Library' in a webpage. Check here for a sample. HTH,Suprotim AgarwalASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips  plz check t...

Migrate Window Form to Web Form
Hai  How to convert Window (Visual Basic) Project to ASP.NET Web Project. V can able to convert VB to VB.NET. But i dont know whether VB to ASP.NET is possible Anybody can response this.. Thank Stella.    ...

call a web form from a window form
Hi all I need help about calling a web form from a window form. i don't know if this is possible but if it possible please give me some help, any kind of help. thanks. Miguel A. Usually you can open any exe from within the windows form, and to do so, you could open the iexplorer.exe and give it the url of the webform to run it. regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP would you give me an example? please, tanksMiguel A. please i need some documentation or examples about this.Miguel A....

Web resources about - how to hide menubar in pop up window - asp.net.web-forms

Auto-hide the menubar in OS X El Capitan
Apple finally lets users auto-hide the menubar in El Capitan.

Moment Gives You Access To Facebook From Your Mac’s Menubar
I’ve tried multiple Mac menubar apps for accessing Facebook, and they’ve all been ugly and clunky when compared with Moment, a recently released ...

Menubar Articles on Engadget
Menubar articles, stories, news and information.

OS X Leopard 10.5.2 Update is Here, Fixes Loads of Stuff (Menubar Transparency, Stacks)
... November, with test builds of the second making it out a month later. Here's a list of the major things the 10.5.2 patch fixes (including menubar ...

MenuBarFilter Gives OS X a Dark, iOS-Style Menubar
OS X: The menubar on your Mac is black text on a white background, and even if you tell OS X's system preferences to set the menubar to translucent, ...

Mac OS X 10.5.2: Optional Translucent Menubar, DVD/CD Sharing
Some screenshots of the new features found in the Mac OS X 10.5.2 seed have been detailed by BabyGotMac.com. Amongst the new features: -...

Mac Gems: Moment puts Facebook in your menubar
... but few options for monitoring Facebook. Moment ( ; Mac App Store link ), a $4 app from Tapmates, is here to help. Moment lives in your menubar. ...

The Art and Science of a Mac Menubar App
Ask any Mac power user about their menubar and you’ll get a different list of 5-10 must-have applications and utilities …

CalendarBar Mac App Places Your iCal and Google Calendar In OS X Menubar
... , Clean Cut Code Clean Cut Code’s CalendarBar is an application available on the Mac App Store that adds a drop-down menu in the OS X menubar ...

Tweetbot for Mac adds thumbnail support for Vine and Flickr, new menubar icon options and more
Nick Summers / The Next Web : Tweetbot for Mac adds thumbnail support for Vine and Flickr, new menubar icon options and more — Tapbots has updated ...