How to get values of the dynamically created server controls

i have created a component which will create server controls dynamically from database using Activator.CreateInstance method.

This is rendering all the control in the page perfectly.

Now i need to get the user entered values of the generated controls How to get it ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Karthik.

0
pkarthik8

In order for you to access the dynamically created user control after a postback, you need to create the control in the Page_Init Event handler.  This is so the control will be available for the View State to set its value after the postback.   If you create the control in an event handler after view state has loaded (which is done between the onInit and onLoad events) then the values will not be retained.

-Alan

0
aquillin
6/8/2007 2:08:20 PM

Say if it's a textbox, you give it an ID when you created it. Then on the postback, find the control and cast to TextBox and retrieve the value.

See my answer on how to find a control from any given parent control: http://forums.asp.net/t/1118405.aspx

Jack Yang
.NET Developer
0
jackyang

How to get the value of dynamically created text box which is created dynamically on click of button control.

How get value from a dynamically created control in a user control
HI, I am working with a version of IBuySpy. On one page is a form that contains a user control that lists the items the user purchased, the subtotal, shipping, etc. I wanted to add a DropDownList from which the user could select the shipper. The dropdown list works fine as long as it has .AutoPostBack = false. However, I cannot figure out how to get the value that the user selected when they finally press the submit button on the form. All attempts to locate the control and it's value have failed. I tried drillingdown from the form to the child controls, and sub child controls. N...

Reading form values in dynamically created child controls in a user control
I have a common problem for which I've searched the web for answers for hours to no avail. I have some radiobuttonlists ,dropdownlists,checkboxlists and text controls in a user control. The lists are created statically, however the items in the lists are populated at run time. The lists are displayed in default.aspx (the containing page) and populated on the Page_Load event of the user control .ascx file based on an external data source containing arrays of data. I want to be able to read the values selected by the user from deafult.aspx, the parent page. details: The .ascx...

Dynamically created Server Control loses property values when created as GenericWebPart
I am creating a server control dynamically, assigning some of it properties with values, and placing it in WebPartZone by creating a GenericWebPart out of it. In doing so all my server control properties are lost. Following is the code snippet: TextBox textBox = new TextBox(); textBox.ID = "TextBox1"; textBox.Text = "Any Text"; textBox.ReadOnly = true; textBox.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.None; GenericWebPart gwp1 = WebPartManager1.CreateWebPart(textBox); WebPartManager1.AddWebPart(gwp1, WebPartZone1, 0); Any idea on what i am doing wrong?, Please Help, am usin...

Get user input from dynamic created control, why i cant get the value???
Hi!, i was tried to dynamically generate some textboxes according the selected number in a dropdownlist, but when i need to get the user input from those textboxes.. i cant get at all!!, Can any1 guide me on tis? Below is my code.Basically, i have 1 dropdownlist (ddltbCount), 1 placeHolder(Pholder1), 1 button(btGetValue), i dont know y i cant post the html here... Private count As Integer = 1 Sub IterateThroughChildren(ByVal parent As Control) For Each c As Control In parent.Controls If c.GetType.ToString.Equals("System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox") AndAlso c.ID Is Nothing Then ' CType(c, T...

when loading a previously created record on to form, some controls are missing values(controls are depended on values selected in other controls)
Hello - I have created a page for Editing records.  this page will open up a chosen record and allow user to edit the data.On the form, I have 3 drop down lists.   The second dropdown list should fill values depending on value chosen in first dropdown list.  The third dropdown list should show/fill values depending on value chosen in second dropdown list.So taking this into count, i have several records with various data.  When I open-up/load a record in Edit form, only the first dropdown list has a value selected that was the pre-existing va...

Creating dynamic controls and getting their values
 Hi everyone,i have to create a number of dynamic controls (dropdownlist and textboxes) acording to a number inputed by the user.i've read some articles, posted some posts, but aynone has truly help me, so i'm asking if someone can hepl me beeing objective.i've put the code in the page_load, and in the the page_init (not on both simultaneous), but i don't know in which one is right.The code i putted on the Page_Load was this:Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load        If (Page.IsPo...

Get the value of dynamically created controls
I have created the following function to get the text out of dynamically created text boxes that I have created from the code behind page.When call the function I get a message saying Object Reference not set to an instance of an object on this line -For Each c In Me.Parent.ControlsThe ID of the textboxes have the following format - Quantity_1111 Private Sub btnUpdate_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles btnUpdate.Click Dim c As Control Dim strID As String Dim arrProducts(2) As String Dim dtProducts As New DataTable 'Dim parent As C...

Get values of dynamic created controls?
Hello there,I'm creating some dynamic controls, where i'm getting some info from a db. - Thats working, but I dont know how to get the values from the dynamic created controls again, so i could save them in my database? This code am i using to create the controls (This get looped for each record in the db) 1 ' Connection 2 Dim str As String = System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(str) 4 conn.Open(...

Dynamically creating controls in Web forms
I am able to create a web control programmatically and display on the form. In the click event of the button then I am trying to capture the value entered in the above created textbox in another click of button but I am unable to obtain the reference of the control that has been created dynamically. Can anyone help me please? protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel myPanel; private void btnMake_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { TextBox txtBox = new TextBox(); myPanel.Controls.Add(txtBox); } private void btnGotValues_Click(object sender, System...

Dynamically created controls in web form
Hi there. This is bit of an open ASP.Net (C#) question with regards to dynamically created controls and in particular tabular or panel controls. What I currently have is a web page that creates between 1 and 6  tables, each of which holds specific data about a set of products, each table (or panel, if you want) has a couple of multi-line TextBoxes and a few other controls, all lined up in a set format. The number is determined by the data records returned from a database table. My question is what is a best way to create these tables of data at run time?  Has anybody else had e...

getting value of dynamically created control as null
Dear All, I am mess with one situation let me explain the scenario. I am making search form where I display 15 field in checkboxlist and user select one or two or three or any no to all field. Depending on his selection (he tick the field  and click filter button ) Now in filter button click I create label and  dropdownlist control(populated from database) and add it to placeholder control. Now I select value and click the search  button. Now in search button I need to access those control and its selected value(ie label and droplistbox ). I  have made function to cre...

Web resources about - How to get values of the dynamically created server controls - asp.net.web-forms