How to get value into javascript from code behind page.....

Hello friends...

              I want data from .cs file into javascript.How to do that.

Please help me...

0
wepool_300984

HI Here i am sending a radibuttonlist selected text to the javascript function. foreach (ListItem li in optSearch.Items) { li.Attributes.Add("OnClick", "javascript:return GetSearchOptValue('" + li.Text.ToString() + "');"); } This way u can pass the value to javascript function. Thank Venky

0
venziar

server code can be there inline also, for e.g.

var controlvalue=document.getElementById('''<% any_server_textbox_or_label_control.ClientID %>') .value;

but remember this will work only if the page is being rendered , you can't expect it work once the page is rendered fully on the browser, or for e.g. include server side code in .js files.

SHASHANK BHIDE
CAPGEMINI INDIA
"THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARK MY RESPONSE AS ANSWER TO HELP ME BUILD IT :)"
0
shashankgwl
2/20/2009 11:14:11 AM

 hi,

Assign data to hidden controls from server side code and access those controls from javascript.

Regards,
Ravi Kishore.Ch

chravikishore
2/20/2009 12:21:06 PM

You can send data from code behind to java script like this..

Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "open", "jsFunction(" + txtBox.Text + ");", true);

where

    <script type="text/javascript">
        function jsFunction(str)
        {
            alert(str);
        }

Regards,
Ram Reddy Mekha, +91-994-840-4315
http://abhiramreddymekha.blogspot.com

Please Mark as Answer if the post helps you.
0
Ram
2/20/2009 12:39:28 PM

If you build an ajax control extender you can access the properties from server code using dot notation.   How to build an ajax control extender http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-184.aspx  Bonus this works in an updatepanel too.

Good Luck

0
Danny117
2/20/2009 1:03:46 PM

Hi

Try like this

declare that variable as public like bellow

public string val;

and use this variable in javascript like this

function cstojavascript()

{

var value=<%=val%>;

}

maha...

0
magendran

how can i convert code behind web forms pages to inline code pages
hi all of you, I have a problem, a have registered a free asp.net space at Brinkster , so i can just upload my files there one by one, but can not install my web application directly, and i have to upload my projects there, so one way is o convert all my VS.NET web application which is code behind, convert that into inline code, so how can i do that Thanks in advanceWarm Regards,Prajesh Kumar JhaE-MAIL : prajesh.jha@rediffmail.com Convert from Code-Behind to Code-Inline: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000174.html Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease m...

How to get the value of a varibale,created in a Javascript, into a code-behind page?
I am creating a Javascript Like:function GetSelectedTopics() {debugger;  var selectedIds=[];   var TopicIds=document.getElementById("hidTopicList").value.split(",");  for(var i=0;i<TopicIds.length;i++)   {   if(document.getElementById(TOPIC_CHECKBOX_PREFIX+TopicIds[i]).checked)   {      selectedIds[selectedIds.length]=TopicIds[i];  }  } }return selectedIds; } Here I want to get the value of selectedIDs into my code-behind page. I am calling Javascript like: btnCopyTopics.OnClientClick...

how to access/assign values to variables of aspx code-behind page in javascript code?
Hi, Can anyone help me with this? How to access or assign values to variables of aspx.cs code behind page using javascript code in the aspx page. Will be eagerly waiting for a reply. Thankyou. Raj. here is one way..assign hidden fields to any values you want to get at Page.RegisterHiddenField("fieldName", "fieldValue") then I think in Javascript it would be something like document.forms[0].fieldName.value; to get at it. Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Luke 11:9 hi Michael, ...

How to change list items in a DDL with values from VB code in code behind with web using master pages?
In the old days using plain asp I used to know how to do this (without the master page of course), but I haven't had need for several years. Since we are using master pages as well, is there a good tutorial or explanation that covers how to pass a list of values from a database query in VB.NET to JScript variables, when master pages are being used? Thanks for any help.     Why would master pages make a difference?  A master page just wraps the page you're working in, so you would still pull the data from the DB the same way.    Let me know if I've misund...

Web Forms Designer error
Hi, The web forms designer keeps adding things in a generated InitializeComponent() method. I believe these things shouldn't be there because I've made a new webform with the same code that doesn't add the same stuff. Is there anyway I can see the Web Designer code? Thanks. Just expand out the hidden #region. It is labeled Web Form Designer CodeStarting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Getting Textbox Value in Page Code Behind -
The client side webpage has textboxes displaying current information of a specific record (first name, last name, company, title,etc). This information is displayed, the issue becomes when that information is changed and the update button is clicked, how to get the value that was changed (if the text box already had a value), how to get the value if the textbox was empty. How to get the newly changed value  on the codebehind so that it can be processed through an update function. The update function is already written , the only thing that is needed is the new value in the textbox. ...

Getting Textbox Value in Page Code Behind
The client side webpage has textboxes displaying current information of a specific record (first name, last name, company, title,etc). This information is displayed, the issue becomes when that information is changed and the update button is clicked, how to get the value that was changed (if the text box already had a value), how to get the value if the textbox was empty. How to get the newly changed value  on the codebehind so that it can be processed through an update function. The update function is already written , the only thing that is needed is the new value in the textb...

Fill in web page search box and get resulting web page via code?
Hi all, I have a web page: http://www.national.com/mpf/CO/COP8ACC5.html and I am wondering how I could simulate entering a value in the search text box, pressing search and then getting the resulting web page so I can process the information? I can process the info already if I manually get the source of the resulting web page, but not how to get the page automatically via programming. I have access to Delphi 5 and Delphi 2007 Win32 if this helps... Thanks in advance, Cheers, Paul. "The plastic veneer of civilization is easily melted in the heat of the mome...

How to get the javascript return value at C# code behind?
I have a aspx page using google map. As known, google map api is based on javascript.Now I have a problem, I need to get the geo coordinates of a point in the map, which is not storing database, it is from google.Anyway I can return the value from the javascript at C# code behind?When the page is load, the map has get the geo coordinates value of the point on the map, so it shouldn't need a post back to do it.Any idea?Thank you.   You can assign the value to a HTML control marked with runat server. This way you can access the control on the server side. Then you can use Page....

how do i get the datakey value of a detailview in the code behind page
how do i get the datakey value of a detailview in the code behind page Here is an example of     string test = Convert.ToString(DetailsView1.DataKey.Value);http://incendy.spaces.live.com...

web form- code behind- results on a new page
Hi, I'm trying to get this to work: I have a web form that allows users to do research in the database, and I want to display the results in a different page.The code is contained in the file mydata.vb (codebehind). When I load the results page (myresults.aspx) no data are displayed. Can someone tell me where are the errors? Thank you, christian The code is as follows: -----------------------------------mydata.vb----------------------- Imports SystemImports System.Web.UIImports System.Web.UI.WebControlsImports System.Web.UI.HtmlControlsImports System.DataImports System.D...

Get whole html page with values in Code behind.
Hello,  I want to get all HTML code with values entered by user in code behind as it is, Actully this need has arised when I want to send a mail to a given mail id, the whole HTML page as it is (same UI) with entered values.   For this I hv written following code, but it only gives the HTML and not the values user has entered. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ private...

get html textbox value in C#.net(code behind)
  i am new to ASP.net. Can anybody say how to get Input textbox value in C#.net. b4 sending answer Thankx  string value = Resquest.Form["textboxname"].ToString(); Hi,There are two ways to access it. 1) Make it runat="server" and access it in code behind like textbox1.value2) Another way is by using     Request.Form["textbox1"].ToString(); I hope this will be helpful to you.Thanks, Alpesh DhaneshaPlease don't forget to "Mask as Answer" if it helped. just add runat =server to html  ...

How to write Javascript on aspx page to get the data from code behind??
Hello Sir,  I have some question about Javascript. Can Javascript in the aspx page get the data from codebehind? For example, I have one button in aspx page and StudentID in codebehind. I want to make that button to open a new window and send StudentID value from codebehind to the childpage by using QueryString. Is it possible? If yes, would you please give me some simple example? Thanks!!! Like this? JavaScript to open the window: <script type="text/javascript"><!--function openWindow(idValue){ var windowUrl = 'NextPage.aspx?ID=' + idValue; ...

i want to get value from code behind in html page using javascipt
  Hai .........   i want to get value from code behind in html page using javascipt i used one usercontrol,,,,,,,,,,, im my ascx page the i placed in one more usercontrols the user controls like as seat type... regarding my application .. the user select the one usercontrols...like select one seat.. to set the "dim   lintselectseatcnt as integer =1" this lintselectseatcnt value i want to access the html page... function fun() { var  seatcnt=<%=lintselectseatcnt %> alert(seatcnt); if(seatcnt==0) { alert("please select the seat ") ...

Javascript : how to get web control value in content page from popup window
Hi all,I have 2 pages : First.aspx & Second.aspx. Second.aspx is a popup window which be launched from First.aspx. Second.aspx passes a value to a control in First.aspx --- Javascript of First.aspx ---  function PassTextToChild()     {        var passVal = document.getElementById('<%=TextBox1.ClientID%>').value;        var url = "Second.aspx?Value="+passVal;        window.open(url, "", "width=400,height=200,toolbar=no,scr...

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

Getting undefined value while using view state in Web Form Designer generated code
hi,    i am trying to get the drop down list selected value in Web Form Designer generated code,when i am trying it with view state i am getting some undefined value.please help me regarding this.. i am trying with the following code.        refinery =  ddRefineries.SelectedRefinery; ViewState.Add("ref1",refinery); #region Web Form Designer generated code        override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e)        {          &nbs...

The proper way to add Javascript code my aspx page and reference web control values
I am trying to add some Javascript to my aspx page as follows (within content place holder), however I get an error when my CheckBox control tries to call that function : <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage_FxOrder.master"  CodeFile="AddModifyOrder.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server"> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">   function QuoteConv() {       window.alert("in QuoteConv !!");   &n...

how to pass javascript input type=text value back to code behind (vb.net)
Hi All, i'm a newbie here, i have been struggling for some times on this. I have a gridview, and in rowdatabound, i will dynamically create a table with the required data and checkbox will be added dynamically too. for each checkbox, i have 2 hidden textbox keeping the id , cause i will retrieve the id base on the selected checkbox. I was thinking of using javascript to retrieve the data, i could retrieve the data, but how do i pass the id back to code behind for further process? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank youVelerena I think you need the id of input type=text in...

Do not get expected WEb page on secondary
netware 6.5 sp2 Have setup a web page on a seconary IP address Load appache with the following command line LOAD ADDRESS SPACE = CSMI APACHE2 -f SYS:APACHE2\CSMI\SERVER\HTTPD.CONF Where HTTPD.CONF is set up to Listen 172.16.212.2:80 which is a secondary ip address A display secondary ipaddress at the server lists the seconary ipaddress I can ping the secondary ip address from the client in Remote manager using IP Address management the secondary IP addresses are not listed When I attempt to brose to the HTTP://172.16.212.2 address I do not see the web page I...

Get html code of aspx page from code behind
Hi all, Do you how we can do what I mention in the title?Example: aspx code <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Header.aspx.cs" Inherits="Header" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <!--js--> <script type='text/javascript'> alert('hello'); </script> <!--/js-->  Is there any way that in the code behind I can have the above string?. Actually I like to ge...

Web resources about - How to get value into javascript from code behind page..... - asp.net.web-forms

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

Quickstart: Facebook SDK for JavaScript
This quickstart will show you how to setup the SDK, load social plugins, trigger a dialog, and get it to make some basic Graph API calls.

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...