How to get value from first dropdown list to second dropdown list

Hi

Does soneone know hot to get value from first dropdown list to second dropdown list or remove it from seond dropdown list?

I have a web form page. On the page, there are two dropdown lists, one Add button, and one Remove button . First dropdown list has four list items. Second one does not have list item yet. When select a item from first dropdown list, then click "add" button. I want it to apear in the second dropdown list without reload the page. Or select item from second dropdown list, and click "Remove" button. it will remove from second list. Please help.

Thanks.

0
xiuxian

If you want to have the same functionality as with a postback, but don't want the user to see the entire flashback of the page posting back, you can use the callback functionality.  See Dino Esposito's article on A Crash Course on ASP.NET Control Development: Building Callback Capabilities in ASP.NET Rich Controls: http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/CCCSctCall.asp

Otherwise you can do this using javascript.  This article might get you started in the right direction: http://www.irt.org/script/910.htm

0
Jalias
6/14/2006 5:21:41 PM
Thank you. it solved my problem.
0
xiuxian

Web resources about - How to get value from first dropdown list to second dropdown list - asp.net.web-forms

How to convert unordered list into nicely styled <select> dropdown using jquery?
$('ul.selectdropdown').each(function(){ var select=$(document.createElement('select').insertBefore($(this).hide(); $('>li a', this).each(function(){ ...

Credit Suisse Reiterates On Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. Following Alberta Dropdown
In a report published Thursday, Credit Suisse analyst John Edwards reiterated an Outperform rating on Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: EEP), ...

Convert a Menu to a Dropdown for Small Screens
Create a menu that, on smaller screens, changes into a dropdown menu. A dropdown takes up much less screen real estate and can be easier to use. ...

Office-Add-in-Fabric-UI-Sample/Dropdown-demos.html at master · OfficeDev/Office-Add-in-Fabric-UI-Sample ...
Contribute to Office-Add-in-Fabric-UI-Sample development by creating an account on GitHub.

Google Adds Dropdown Menu to Search Results, Hides Cached Pages Inside
Google recently updated their search results format, again moving the link for cached page access somewhere else. Now it hides in a convenient ...

50+ Awesome jQuery Dropdown Menu Tutorials
When designing graphical user interfaces, many people prefer to use a dropdown menu as a GUI element. This allows the user to choose a value ...

Sign out command in dropdown
We can save some space in the menus by putting the Sign-out command in the dropdown menu. As we're building the menu, if I see a command called ...

Google toys with removing Instant Preview in Search, adds dropdown menu with Cached, Similar, Share options ...
Google has added a new drop-down menu to its search results page beside every URL with three options: Cached, Similar, and Share. At the same ...

Facebook Fan Page Changes You Haven’t Heard About
... fashion appears at the top center of the page if you scroll down to the cover image or any point lower. A box labeled highlights has a dropdown ...

Edit Companies - Eric Feng - CrunchBase Person Profile
If this person is an investor, please only submit companies for which he/she has a functional role (like Board, Advisor, etc). Click 'Past?' ...