How to get the value of a dynamically created textbox control

Hi,

 Can anyone tell me how to get the entered value from a dynamically created textbox apart from getting it from the TextChanged eventhandler?

Regards,

Vidya

0
tech_vidya

Friend, check this thread as similar scenario is discussed over

http://forums.asp.net/t/1051661.aspx

http://forums.asp.net/t/939377.aspx

Another one

Good luck!

Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
cv_vikram
10/1/2008 12:32:17 PM

use Request["TextBoxId"] to get the value entered in it....Also white creating it remember to Enable its ViewState
0
vikasmalukani

How to get the value of dynamically created text box which is created dynamically on click of button control.

How get value from a dynamically created control in a user control
HI, I am working with a version of IBuySpy. On one page is a form that contains a user control that lists the items the user purchased, the subtotal, shipping, etc. I wanted to add a DropDownList from which the user could select the shipper. The dropdown list works fine as long as it has .AutoPostBack = false. However, I cannot figure out how to get the value that the user selected when they finally press the submit button on the form. All attempts to locate the control and it's value have failed. I tried drillingdown from the form to the child controls, and sub child controls. N...

Reading form values in dynamically created child controls in a user control
I have a common problem for which I've searched the web for answers for hours to no avail. I have some radiobuttonlists ,dropdownlists,checkboxlists and text controls in a user control. The lists are created statically, however the items in the lists are populated at run time. The lists are displayed in default.aspx (the containing page) and populated on the Page_Load event of the user control .ascx file based on an external data source containing arrays of data. I want to be able to read the values selected by the user from deafult.aspx, the parent page. details: The .ascx...

How to get the Value from the Textbox ?Textbox is created by using add control function.
  Dim textWG As New HtmlInputText textWG.text="Wage Rate" textWG.ID = "txtWG" me.control.add(textWG) i write this code at form load.moreover this form have one save button to save the value from the "txtWG" to database this textbox will be appear when form finish load.but after click save button the value cant be save into database. tat textbox become empty when user click the save button. how can i get the value from that textbox ? Please advice me.Thank you You are using a HTML control and by default, HTML controls dont have a mechanism to pres...

Get user input from dynamic created control, why i cant get the value???
Hi!, i was tried to dynamically generate some textboxes according the selected number in a dropdownlist, but when i need to get the user input from those textboxes.. i cant get at all!!, Can any1 guide me on tis? Below is my code.Basically, i have 1 dropdownlist (ddltbCount), 1 placeHolder(Pholder1), 1 button(btGetValue), i dont know y i cant post the html here... Private count As Integer = 1 Sub IterateThroughChildren(ByVal parent As Control) For Each c As Control In parent.Controls If c.GetType.ToString.Equals("System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox") AndAlso c.ID Is Nothing Then ' CType(c, T...

when loading a previously created record on to form, some controls are missing values(controls are depended on values selected in other controls)
Hello - I have created a page for Editing records.  this page will open up a chosen record and allow user to edit the data.On the form, I have 3 drop down lists.   The second dropdown list should fill values depending on value chosen in first dropdown list.  The third dropdown list should show/fill values depending on value chosen in second dropdown list.So taking this into count, i have several records with various data.  When I open-up/load a record in Edit form, only the first dropdown list has a value selected that was the pre-existing va...

Get the value of dynamically created controls
I have created the following function to get the text out of dynamically created text boxes that I have created from the code behind page.When call the function I get a message saying Object Reference not set to an instance of an object on this line -For Each c In Me.Parent.ControlsThe ID of the textboxes have the following format - Quantity_1111 Private Sub btnUpdate_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles btnUpdate.Click Dim c As Control Dim strID As String Dim arrProducts(2) As String Dim dtProducts As New DataTable 'Dim parent As C...

Creating dynamic controls and getting their values
 Hi everyone,i have to create a number of dynamic controls (dropdownlist and textboxes) acording to a number inputed by the user.i've read some articles, posted some posts, but aynone has truly help me, so i'm asking if someone can hepl me beeing objective.i've put the code in the page_load, and in the the page_init (not on both simultaneous), but i don't know in which one is right.The code i putted on the Page_Load was this:Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load        If (Page.IsPo...

Get values of dynamic created controls?
Hello there,I'm creating some dynamic controls, where i'm getting some info from a db. - Thats working, but I dont know how to get the values from the dynamic created controls again, so i could save them in my database? This code am i using to create the controls (This get looped for each record in the db) 1 ' Connection 2 Dim str As String = System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(str) 4 conn.Open(...

How to get values from dynamically created textboxes?
I have some code in my code behind file that dynamically generates textboxes according to the number of times a user clicks on a button.When the user enters data into these textboxes,how do i get the data that is from these dynamically generated textboxes? Moose, You can use the below code and the Dynamic IDs of the controls you've created to get the values... ' Variables Dim oTxt As Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Dim sVar$ ' Assign Control oTxt = Me.FindControl("DynamicControlID") ' Assign Value sVar...

Getting values from dynamically created textboxes
Hello, I'm creating a textboxes boxes dynamically when the user presses a button. I'm then adding the textbox to a placeholder. After the user enters data, I want to get the value that they entered, but I'm having trouble. The second method ReadTextBoxes is also being triggered by a button. The problem is that if they user chooses to had 3 new textboxes in the first method, the placeholder will contain 3 controls, but then when I click the button to read the textboxes, the placeholder is showing zero controls. What am I doing wrong? Thanks// This creates the textb...

Dynamically creating textboxes, then getting values

Web resources about - How to get the value of a dynamically created textbox control - asp.net.web-forms

iPhone 5 A6 chip to dynamically up-clock up to 1.3GHz (and downclock too)?
Interesting video from our friends at TLDToday: If this is not just a Geekbench app glitch, it could indicate why that A6 processor is so 2X ...

iPhone 5 Lightning port dynamically reassigns pins
... of Apple's Lightning USB cable shows that the pins on the plug aren't arranged symmetrically, suggesting that the Lightning port can dynamically ...