How to get the Value from the Textbox ?Textbox is created by using add control function.

Dim textWG As New HtmlInputText

textWG.text="Wage Rate"

textWG.ID = "txtWG"

me.control.add(textWG)

i write this code at form load.moreover this form have one save button to save the value from the "txtWG" to database

this textbox will be appear when form finish load.but after click save button the value cant be save into database. tat textbox become empty when user click the save button.

how can i get the value from that textbox ?

Please advice me.Thank you

0
alvinblim

You are using a HTML control and by default, HTML controls dont have a mechanism to preserve data between postbacks. You must use server side asp.net controls that can automatically maintain their state between postbacks.

So to correct the problem you must create an instance of TextBox instead of HTML imput control.

Reza Nassabeh
www.professionalcsharp.com

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
r_nassabeh
2/29/2008 11:59:26 AM

i try this code, cant work.

dim text1 as new textbox

text1.text = "testing"

text1.id = "txt1"

me.control.add(text1)

how to create TextBox by using add control function? pls advice me.
0
alvinblim
2/29/2008 5:10:43 PM

the following code is to create the textbox but the result still cant show the textbox value.What should i need to do? pls advice.

Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim testint As Integer

        testint = 1
        Do
            Dim myLabel As New Label
            'Dim mytest As New TextBox
            myLabel.Text = "Label" & testint
            myLabel.ID = "Label" & testint
            mytest.Text = Format(Date.Now.Month)
            mytest.ID = "test" & testint

            Me.Controls.Add(myLabel)
            form1.Controls.Add(mytest)
            testint = testint + 1
            Dim spacer As LiteralControl = New LiteralControl("<br />")
            Me.Controls.Add(spacer)
        Loop Until testint = 5

    End Sub

Protected Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

Dim result As String = mytest.Text

Response.Write("alert(" alert('" & result & "') & result &")")

 End Sub

0
alvinblim
2/29/2008 5:28:09 PM

Add the control like below

TextBox txtbox = new TextBox();

txtbox.ID = "txtID";

txtbox.Text = "GotIt";

form1.Controls.Add(txtbox);

And You can retrieve the value as

protected void Save_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

TextBox txt = (TextBox)form1.FindControl("txtID");

lblResult.Text = txt.Text;

}

Thanks.

Please mark the post as answer if it helps you!!!

0
Mansoor
2/29/2008 5:53:13 PM

thx. Big Smile

0
alvinblim

Getting the textbox value after postback in runtime created textbox
Getting the textbox value after postback in runtime created textbox I have created around 30 controls in a control array like txtremarks1,txtremarks2,txtremarks3.....txtremarks30. in runtime. When i am posting the server back.I want to get the values but i dont know how to do. Can anybody please help me in this Note:I know how to use request.form("") but i dont want to use it.I also have some labels.I want to get the text in label. Thanks for the help in advance i need it in urgggentVishal Murthy In order to get value of dynamically created controls you must recreate it on each postback (in page_init or page_load)other wise you will have to use Request.Forms to access its value (in case of labels yo can use hidden fields) Another option is to create those in DataGrid or datalist by binding your array to Datagrid/datalist and then loop through datagrid/datalist to get values of your textboxes/labels.Jigar Desai-----------------------Do not forget to "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Hello, you would need to recreate the controls on postback (in same order) and add them to the Controls collection by the time Load event happens (postback data loading happens after Load event). That way they'd be able to restore their state from postback data and you could access the values via these controls instances themselves. You should check this article: Understanding ASp.NET ViewState Pay special attention to sections...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Using the Textbox.Text on Dynmaicly Created Textboxes in VB.Net

How to get the value of a dynamically created textbox control
Hi,  Can anyone tell me how to get the entered value from a dynamically created textbox apart from getting it from the TextChanged eventhandler? Regards, Vidya Friend, check this thread as similar scenario is discussed over http://forums.asp.net/t/1051661.aspx http://forums.asp.net/t/939377.aspx Another one Good luck!Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.  use Request["TextBoxId"] to get the value entered in it....Also white creating it rememb...

How to get Textbox value in web user control?
Hi friends,I created a web user control with only one textbox.(textbox.ascx) and textbox id=" txtSimple"textbox user control having some property. another user control with button(button.ascx) next i use two textbox usercontrol and one button usercontrol in sample.aspx. when i click button at that time call the required field validate property in textbox user control.in property have following code.public bool RequireValidate    {        set        {     &nbs...

How to get the text of textbox(the textbox inside a datagrid) by using a javascript function
Hi there, I have a datagrid in my web application. Inside the datagrid, I have web controls such as dropdownlist and textbox. Everytime I change selection of dropdownlist I want use a javascript function to get the value of dropdownlist and text in textbox. How can I do that? Thanks   Colin Hello, Getting the value of the DDL (DropDownList) is not really a problem . The textbox on the other hand might be. In your Page_Load event Handler you can add theses lines to add an event handler to the DDL in the Client side: myDDL.Attributes.Add("OnChange", &quo...

Cannot get value from an input textbox to a listbox web control??

Custom web control. Get Textbox.text value
Hi I have created a custom web control that extends the CheckBoxList control. It basically is a CheckBoxList control that has a TextBox added to the end of each CheckBox. It looks like the following after it has being bound to a database table column. I need to be able to retrieve the values in the corresponding TextBox when a CheckBox is selected. I tried storing each TextBox in an ArrayList but it is always empty when I try and check it. I am pretty new to ASP and am obviously missing something. Has anybody here got any tips or ideas on how I could retrieve the data from the TextBoxes...

How do I keep the value for a textbox in the textbox when the form resets for the next insertion using Details View?
I'm using Details View to insert data to the database. First up one form is visible to enter product details. When that save to the database I get the new primary key using "SELECT MAX(ProductID) FROM Product" (probably not the best way but it works so long as no one else is inserting data at the same time). The first form is hidden and the next form is shown. The primary key is inserted into the ProductID text box and the details for the new items for the product are entered and then saved to the database. All good. BUT when the insert button is clicked on the second form and ...

How to get the value of the textbox created using itemtemplate in grid view
Hi friends, I have a gridview where i created a textbox using itemtemplate. So then when i click the update (autoeditbutton) i can't get the value of that textbox. which i need to update to my database.  Note: I have used Findcontrol, directcast etc in rowupdating even though i cant data in that textbox. Pls help me. Thanks, venkat..        Private Sub GridView1_RowUpdating(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewUpdateEventArgs) Handles GridView1.RowUpdating Dim mytxtbox As TextBox...

VB.net add textbox values together to get total
Hi Guys Im using visual studio 2005 vb.net. sql express, im a newbie and im basically trying to create a customer calculator. Ive got this code, basically i want to add the integer values of each of my text boxes together and then display them in a textbox called textbox1.  I think i have the code write to do the calculation but im stuck on how to get it to display the total in the textbox once ive hit the calculate button, ive tried several ways, the page posts back, i get no errors but nothing in textbox1 toocan you take a look and help me out please. Thanks and Kind Regards &...

How can I get the textbox value from a web user control inside an iframe?
Hi there, I have a page p1.aspx which has an iframe, if1, and a button sb1. The source of if1 is p2.aspx which has a web user control uc.ascx. In uc.ascx, there is a textbox, tb1, for user to enter a string. My question is: Is it possible to get the text of tb1 of uc.ascx in the p1.aspx when I click the button sb1? And How? Thanks in advance....

I Used Repeater inside the Datalist now i want to get value of Repeater (textbox control)
I Used Repeater inside the Datalist now i want to get value of Repeater (textbox control) on button click. Button is inside the datalist, Outside repeater.  Depending on datalist "groupId" Repeater is loding and from the repeater i want the value of "Textqty". This is my code <asp:DataList ID="DataList1" runat="server" class="SubContentSearch" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource1" Width="496px" DataKeyField="id"><ItemTemplate> <asp:Label ID="groupIdLabel" runat="server" Te...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Getting value from a textbox control that was filled with a value from javascript
 I have a textbox control (seen below txtMileageDollars1) that gets filled with javascript based on the number of miles a user types into another textbox (txtMileageMiles1) control.  When I post back with the submit button, the value is blank.  I've tried setting EnableViewState to false, but still cannot get a value on postback.  Does anyone have a solution?   Miles<asp:TextBox ID="txtMileageMiles1" runat="server" Width="50px"></asp:TextBox>   Total (txtMileageMiles1 * rate with javascript)<asp:TextBox ID="txtMileageDollars1" runat="server" EnableViewState="false" Width="50px" ReadOnly="true"></asp:TextBox> Hi It seems a confusion in your question, whether you want to persist value in the text  box or not? I you want to then you shuld enable control's view state to true. otherwise you can set it to false.  Regards,Naveed AkhtarMicrosoft Certified Professional Developer+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+Please remember to click “Mark as Answer”, if it is solution to your Problem The value will change when the user is filling out the form.  When the form is posted back, the calculated field (changing from javascript) does not have a value.  Since the value can change a number of times when a user is filling it out, the value cannot be persisted.  Either way, I've tried EnableV...

How to add values to template control fields textbox control in GridView..
Hi all,    <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" EnableViewState="true" DataKeyNames="LicenseTemplateID"                       runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnSelectedIndexChanged="GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged"                       Width="345px">                       <Columns>                           <asp:Templa...

HTML textboxes appear but not web form textboxes
Hi all, I'm new to all this VS.net and I tested it by creating a new project, and clicking and dragging an asp textbox onto the aspx page. Upon clicking "Build and Browse" the asp textbox does not appear at all. So I double checked, and yeah, Visible was set to true. So I tried clicking and dragging a normal textbox and strangely, the html textbox does appear on the screen. Please help on how I can make the ASP textbox appear. I constructed a webform entirely of ASP textboxes and ASP buttons and nothing on the page appears. Is there anything I need to add/remove on the con...

Add controls in textbox ( TextBox1.Controls.Add(); )
hi to alli want to know about TextBox1.Controls.Addit is possible to add controls in a textbox like placeholder i am using  this much of code for add linkbutton in a textbox 1 LinkButton lb = new LinkButton();2 lb.Text = "Linkbutton1";3 lb.ID = "link1";4 5 TextBox1.Controls.Add(lb);6 7 Response.Write (TextBox1.Controls.Count);8 Response.Write(TextBox1.Controls.ToString());this code run without any error when i count a control in textbox then it will disply me a 1 but on the page it will not display any controls in a textbox if this is...

Creating a Tab Control using IE Controls,not getting it in correct form
Hi folks,               I have a problem in creating a Tab Control using IE Controls.I am really not sure whats going wrong?????I have included Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll  as a reference for the same and also in teh bin directory of my application               In short I have downloaded the IE controls and have included the sources for the same in webctrl_client/1_0 in my project.         ...

Filling a textbox on a parent web user control from a child web form
Hi, I currently have a web user control (pf_imageselector.ascx) which is dynamically created (any number of times) on a parent web user control (pf_fillitems.ascx) which in turn has been loaded into a webform (default.aspx). On the user control is a text box called txbSelectedImage and a button. On click of the button run's this code: function OpenChild() { var strImageFile; var WinSettings = "height=580,width=630,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no"; window.open("pf_stockimage.aspx", null, WinSettings); } Which obviously open a child webform. From here the user can select something from a listbox and the click another button, which then hopefully passes back the selected value to the textbox on the parent user control. Code so far is: function PassSelectedImage() { var lstImages = document.forms[0].lstImages; var i = lstImages.selectedIndex; window.opener.document.forms[0].txbSelectedImage.value = lstImages.options[i].value; window.close(); } My problem is that I get an erorr stating that above is null or not an object. How do I reference the textbox that is sitting inside the user control (ID is generated at runtime), which is also sittting in another usercontrol (I know the ID of this one) on a webform (default.aspx, which as a form called Form1). Hi, If you are generating script at server, you have to use txbSelectedImage.ClientId to determine real HTML tag id at client.Leon Lan...

how to add numbers in a any data control (Datagrid,DataList,Repeater) having textbox controls using Javascript?
hi,       i have a data control either(DataList,Grid, Repeater) having 3 textboxes row wise and column wise. I need to add the numbers inside the textbox using javascript in onclient Change or blur event .Anybody know how to do this ? pls give sample code.  javascript:var mygrid = document.getElementById('<%= MyGrid.ClientID %>'); var arrinputs = mygrid.getElementsByTagName("input"); for(var i = 0; i < arrinputs.length; i++) { if(arrinputs[i].type == "text") { // you have a text box now enter in value ...

when loading a previously created record on to form, some controls are missing values(controls are depended on values selected in other controls)
Hello - I have created a page for Editing records.  this page will open up a chosen record and allow user to edit the data.On the form, I have 3 drop down lists.   The second dropdown list should fill values depending on value chosen in first dropdown list.  The third dropdown list should show/fill values depending on value chosen in second dropdown list.So taking this into count, i have several records with various data.  When I open-up/load a record in Edit form, only the first dropdown list has a value selected that was the pre-existing va...

Web resources about - How to get the Value from the Textbox ?Textbox is created by using add control function. - asp.net.web-forms

Aqua (user interface) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aqua is the GUI and primary visual theme of Apple Inc. 's OS X operating system . It is based around the theme of water, as its name suggests, ...

Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WP:RFCU redirects here. You may be looking for Wikipedia:Requests for comment/User conduct ( WP:RFC/U ), CheckUser policy ( Wikipedia:CheckUser ...

Help - Identi.ca
Identi.ca is a social service . Users can post short(140 character) status messages which are broadcast totheir friends and colleagues on the ...

City of Whitehorse, YT : Contact
Employment - Bylaws - Document Library - FAQ - Contact Us Search Query Textbox Home Home About Whitehorse Notify Me Contact Us Employee Links ...

www.asianewsphoto.com Help
Help for uploading pictures Noun explanation Group pictures: a basic unit which stands for a piece of news photo in system; include: information ...

Metamorphose: All-In-One File/Folder Renamer For Windows, Mac & Linux
Previously, we’ve reviewed many batch file-renaming applications like ReNamer (read review), NameChanger (read review), File Grinder (read review) ...

How to build a Twitter extension for Chrome
Ars takes a close look at the Chrome Web browser's new extension system. In …

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- RSS
... RSS Service, please follow the instructions below. STEP 1. Select the product to subscribe. STEP 2. The RSS link will be shown on the Textbox ...

authonomy writers and readers - Daniel Escurel Occeno's profile - authonomy writing community
... of the Point Guard”. It is entered in www.textnovel.com writing contest.In the TEXTNOVEL website simply type in “Lee Chon” in the textbox search ...

Baseball Prospectus
Forgot Your Password? Enter your username in the textbox below. Username: If you don't remember your username, please contact Customer Service ...