How to get the value fo dynamically created control?

Dear All
I am new in asp.net.
I am doing one project there I have one doubt.

what I want is I have taken two  button controls in my page, on click of first button1 I have  dynamically created one textbox and I added this textbox to my page and also set the id for this textbox,.
after that on click of second button2 I want that the value of the textbox will be print in my page by getting the value of the textbbox.

some codes are given below.

 <form id="form1" runat="server">
        &nbsp;<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click" Text="Button" />
        <asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server" OnClick="Button2_Click" Text="Submit" />

    {

        TextBox tb = new TextBox();
        tb.ID = "tb1";
        tb.Text = "Hello";
        Page.Form.Controls.Add(tb);

    }

    {

        TextBox tb1 = (TextBox)Page.FindControl("tb1");
        Response.Write(tb1.Text);
    }

after clicking on second button I am finding exception.

How can I do That???

Thanks in advance to all !

Ajay Kumar Verma
0
ks

I don't think it would be easier to find it. If it was added in Page_Init, you could have possibly found the control.

Talha
MCP, MCAD
Personal Site
0
talha83
2/11/2008 9:59:22 AM

try using

Request["tb1"]

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in
2/11/2008 10:03:02 AM

or use sessions to store the values like this!

    {
        TextBox tb = new TextBox();
        tb.ID = "tb1";
        tb.Text = "Hello";
        Session.Add("mytext",tb.Text);
        Page.Form.Controls.Add(tb);
    }

    {
        Label tb1 = new Label();
        tb1.Text = (string)Session["mytext"];
        Page.Form.Controls.Add(tb1);
    }

0
pessi
2/11/2008 10:09:13 AM

hi

try this

VB

Dim tb1 As String = Request.Form("tb1")

C#

string tb1 = Request.Form["tb1"]

Yasser
Spica.
www.spica.ae
www.bncnetwork.net
Please remember to mark as answers if this helps
0
shayas

How to get the value of dynamically created text box which is created dynamically on click of button control.

How get value from a dynamically created control in a user control
HI, I am working with a version of IBuySpy. On one page is a form that contains a user control that lists the items the user purchased, the subtotal, shipping, etc. I wanted to add a DropDownList from which the user could select the shipper. The dropdown list works fine as long as it has .AutoPostBack = false. However, I cannot figure out how to get the value that the user selected when they finally press the submit button on the form. All attempts to locate the control and it's value have failed. I tried drillingdown from the form to the child controls, and sub child controls. N...

Reading form values in dynamically created child controls in a user control
I have a common problem for which I've searched the web for answers for hours to no avail. I have some radiobuttonlists ,dropdownlists,checkboxlists and text controls in a user control. The lists are created statically, however the items in the lists are populated at run time. The lists are displayed in default.aspx (the containing page) and populated on the Page_Load event of the user control .ascx file based on an external data source containing arrays of data. I want to be able to read the values selected by the user from deafult.aspx, the parent page. details: The .ascx...

Get user input from dynamic created control, why i cant get the value???
Hi!, i was tried to dynamically generate some textboxes according the selected number in a dropdownlist, but when i need to get the user input from those textboxes.. i cant get at all!!, Can any1 guide me on tis? Below is my code.Basically, i have 1 dropdownlist (ddltbCount), 1 placeHolder(Pholder1), 1 button(btGetValue), i dont know y i cant post the html here... Private count As Integer = 1 Sub IterateThroughChildren(ByVal parent As Control) For Each c As Control In parent.Controls If c.GetType.ToString.Equals("System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox") AndAlso c.ID Is Nothing Then ' CType(c, T...

when loading a previously created record on to form, some controls are missing values(controls are depended on values selected in other controls)
Hello - I have created a page for Editing records.  this page will open up a chosen record and allow user to edit the data.On the form, I have 3 drop down lists.   The second dropdown list should fill values depending on value chosen in first dropdown list.  The third dropdown list should show/fill values depending on value chosen in second dropdown list.So taking this into count, i have several records with various data.  When I open-up/load a record in Edit form, only the first dropdown list has a value selected that was the pre-existing va...

Creating dynamic controls and getting their values
 Hi everyone,i have to create a number of dynamic controls (dropdownlist and textboxes) acording to a number inputed by the user.i've read some articles, posted some posts, but aynone has truly help me, so i'm asking if someone can hepl me beeing objective.i've put the code in the page_load, and in the the page_init (not on both simultaneous), but i don't know in which one is right.The code i putted on the Page_Load was this:Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load        If (Page.IsPo...

Get values of dynamic created controls?
Hello there,I'm creating some dynamic controls, where i'm getting some info from a db. - Thats working, but I dont know how to get the values from the dynamic created controls again, so i could save them in my database? This code am i using to create the controls (This get looped for each record in the db) 1 ' Connection 2 Dim str As String = System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(str) 4 conn.Open(...

Get the value of dynamically created controls
I have created the following function to get the text out of dynamically created text boxes that I have created from the code behind page.When call the function I get a message saying Object Reference not set to an instance of an object on this line -For Each c In Me.Parent.ControlsThe ID of the textboxes have the following format - Quantity_1111 Private Sub btnUpdate_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles btnUpdate.Click Dim c As Control Dim strID As String Dim arrProducts(2) As String Dim dtProducts As New DataTable 'Dim parent As C...

Dynamically creating controls in Web forms
I am able to create a web control programmatically and display on the form. In the click event of the button then I am trying to capture the value entered in the above created textbox in another click of button but I am unable to obtain the reference of the control that has been created dynamically. Can anyone help me please? protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel myPanel; private void btnMake_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { TextBox txtBox = new TextBox(); myPanel.Controls.Add(txtBox); } private void btnGotValues_Click(object sender, System...

Dynamically created controls in web form
Hi there. This is bit of an open ASP.Net (C#) question with regards to dynamically created controls and in particular tabular or panel controls. What I currently have is a web page that creates between 1 and 6  tables, each of which holds specific data about a set of products, each table (or panel, if you want) has a couple of multi-line TextBoxes and a few other controls, all lined up in a set format. The number is determined by the data records returned from a database table. My question is what is a best way to create these tables of data at run time?  Has anybody else had e...

Problem with getting the value of a dynamically created CONTROL
Dear,I'm facing a problem with dynamically created controlsI'm creating RadioButtons  according to certain data from a database, the problem is that the RadioButtons are being created and are being displayed in a dynamically created HtmlTable inside the HtmlTableCell. When i want to get the value of the RadioButton if is it checked or not , i'm using the following codeRadioButton rbtn = (RadioButton)Page.FindControl(ID);The rbtn is always null knowing that if i check the Page source i find the RadioButton with the Same ID that I'm calling in the FindControl. Co...

Get the value or Text of dynamically created controls?
Hello, I have a page with a placeHolder, in wich I create several controls (of textBox, checkBox and dropdownList type) I found several articles on the web about dynamic controls, but I couldn't find how to access each controls properties. I would like to be able to check if the user has checked the checkBox or not, and read the text inside the textBox I created Is that not possible? Thank you An important thing to keep in mind is that you need to recreate the dynamic controls you add to your PlaceHolder control each time a postback occurs.  After that, you can use FindContr...

Web resources about - How to get the value fo dynamically created control? - asp.net.web-forms

iPhone 5 A6 chip to dynamically up-clock up to 1.3GHz (and downclock too)?
Interesting video from our friends at TLDToday: If this is not just a Geekbench app glitch, it could indicate why that A6 processor is so 2X ...

iPhone 5 Lightning port dynamically reassigns pins
... of Apple's Lightning USB cable shows that the pins on the plug aren't arranged symmetrically, suggesting that the Lightning port can dynamically ...