How to format a web form for printing?

Hi all,

Is there a way to quickly 'see' (i.e. preview) the effect of printing a form without actually printing it out?

IF yes, How?
Thanks

Tony

0
TonyCheung1888

 File | Print Preview?

Are you talking about a web form? When you load it in the browser the best chance to see a preview is what I said above, although both Firefox and IE have trouble rendering accurate print previews.

You can manipulate this outcome by creating a print only stylesheet:

0
rtpHarry
2/25/2009 3:33:16 PM

Hi TonyCheung1888,

You can put some controls into control div,then preview it.

 <asp:Button ID="PreView" runat="server" Text="PreView" Height="29px" Width="112px"/>

    {
        PreView.Attributes.Add("onclick","preview();");
    }

    function preview()
    {
        var div=document.getElementById("div1");
        OpenWindow=window.open("", "newwin", "height=250, width=250,toolbar=no,menubar=no");
        OpenWindow.document.write("<html>")
        OpenWindow.document.write("<body>")
        OpenWindow.document.write(div.innerHTML);
        OpenWindow.document.write("</body>")
        OpenWindow.document.write("</html>")
    }

Please check the following link:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/PrintPreview.aspx

Sincerely,
Hua Jun Li
Hua

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Web resources about - How to format a web form for printing? - asp.net.web-forms

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Microsoft Outlook for iOS updated with 3D Touch and email printing
... a new event, and viewing your calendar. via iDownloadBlog Print The new version of Microsoft Outlook for iOS also adds support for printing. ...

Apple Looks to Bring Multiple Colors to 3-D Printing with Patent Filing
... of an application by Apple ( AAPL ) for a 3-D Printer technology. The application for “systems, computer readable media, and methods for printing ...

"After the exodus of editors from The New Republic last year, the magazine is printing things like this..." ...
"'Ban guns. All guns. Get rid of guns in homes, and on the streets, and, as much as possible, on police.... Ban guns! Not just gun violence. ...

Baker to inquire about report ISIS printing passports
... for Syrian refugees entering the U.S., says he "certainly" will ask federal officials about an ABC News report indicating ISIS has been printing ...

Epson EcoTank ET-4550 Review: The Future Of Printing Has Arrived
... cartridge. That all-too-familiar scenario is about to change. Epson’s new all-in-one Workforce EcoTank printer line is changing the printing ...

How does Jay Leno get parts for his one-of-a-kind concept car? 3D printing, of course
The former talk-show host and massive car geek relies on new manufacturing techniques to provide parts you can't just pick up on Alibaba.

EPFL's printing technique hides one image behind the other
Remember those holographic cards that give off different colors when you tilt them a certain way? Well, in the video below the fold, the &Eacute;cole ...

Is ISIS printing fake Syrian passports?
Is ISIS printing fake Syrian passports?

A Clever 3D Printer Fixes Printing Mistakes Instead of Starting Again From Scratch
The advent of 3D printing completely revolutionized the prototyping stage of designing a new product. But while turnaround times for revisions ...