How to force a page to post back from another page?

Hi every one,

I have a problem with acouple of solutions in mind but I didn't succeed in any of them, so any help would be highly appreciated

 I have a long TreeView that I want it to scroll alone as one control and the rest of the page will stay without scrolling, I couldn't do it so I used a<frameset> in an htm page where the TreeView is in a single frame alone, now when the other page post back I need the page that contains the TreeView to postback too.

Any suggestions??

Thank You very much

0
r_jaz

Have you tried enclosing the Treeview in a div and setting it's overflow style property??

<asp:Treeview ... />

0
James_2JS
3/31/2007 1:59:31 PM

Place the treeview in a panel, with Height and Width set along with ScrollBars property set to Vertical.

Thanks

Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Electronic Screw
Website||Blog||Dub@i.net
0
e_screw

In a web page(c#), I want to call another page and come back to next instruction of calling page
In a web page(c#), I want to call another page and come back to next instruction of calling page. Called page have no web item , it has only c# codes. after executing of this page (by IExplore), I want the remaining lines of calling page to be executed. How can I do that? What are you trying to do? What is the second page accomplishing? Will the first page stay open and the second page closes? You might be able to use WebRequest and WebResponse to do what you want. Hey bro, since you say that the called page has no web items, why dont you put the code in the called pa...

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

Going back to the same page and row in a Datagrid after coming back from another Web Form
Upon clicking the Select button on a row of a multi-page Datagrid, a new Web Form containg the details of the clicked item is displayed. When the user finishes viewing the details, he clicks the OK button to go back to the Datagrid form. The question is: how can we display the original Datagrid page with the original selected row highlighted? I know ItemIndex of the Datagrid contains the current row #, but how do we get the current page # of a multi-page datagrid? Can you display the Datagrid page with this page #?Please help. Thanks in advance.sg2000 look at this blog post.. Might he...

How to preserve values in a web form when navigating to a different page and then going back to the original page using the back button ?
   I am working on a C#/ASP.NET web application. The web application basically consist of 3 web forms. Each form contains several controls such as an edit box, and some drop down list box controls. Basically I need to find out how to preserve the values in a web form when a person navigates to a different page. For example, suppose that in my web application I navigate from my first page (First.aspx) to my second page (Second.aspx). Now if I press the browsers back button, I want the application to retain the values for the controls that were in my first web form "first....

Multiple forms on one page, how do I post on to another page?
I have several submit buttons and text boxes, datagrids, etc. on a single page. I want one particular text box and submit button to POST to another page. Since there is only one form tag with postback, is this possible. I need POST instead of querystring because the string may be long (it's a search field) and the results are too large to fit on the same page. Can I take my text box value and submit that to another page from a page with numerous other postback actions on it? if(youTryToBeSmarter) { i.WillTryToBeNicer(); } You can do a couple of things: (1) Use a non-serv...

How to Post Web Form to another Page
Hi, It seems I have problem in posting a webform to another page. On the sending Page:   1. TxtUser 2. TxtUserEmail 3. DropdownBox : DDage   (Age group) I have a button with code as follow: When the button is clicked: response.redirect("GetData.aspx")     on the receiving Page(GetData.aspx) , the code is as follows: Dim StrUser = Request.form('TxtUser") Dim StrEmail = request.form('TxtUserEmail") Dim Str_Age = Request.("DDage")   The problem : I can not get any data out at all . What I need to do on the sending page ?  add ac...

POST to page returns another page (to POST to)
Hello! I am using LWP to post to a web page. The post works fine, but the $response the comes back contains the HTML of _another_ page that I have to POST to. This is where I get stuck. Normally when I $agent->request( POST $url [...] ) I know the $url. In this case I don't have a url -- I have a $response with some html inside of it. How do I POST to this new page? (I tried using HTML::Form as well, using the HTML::Form->parse( $content, $uri ) mechanism, but this simply posted to the original page I POST'ed to). Source and headers given below. Tha...

i web page referencing another web page
Can one web page reference a control on another web page? EX. a page is brought up with a number of textbox controls. Using a hyperlink one can pop up a nother page with the calendar control. Select a date from the calendar control and place the value back in the previous page. Can this be done and how? Use a Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock to open a window, with a javascript string like this: "<script language=Javascript>window.open('my_url.aspx','window_name','left=100,top=100,width=200,height=500,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes');</script>" Then you can s...

link a web page to another web page?
I have a web page with my banner and buttons for my site on it. I want to add this to all of my pages. Instead of copying a pasting that to every page. Is there a way i can link the pages to the banner page? Thanx use ascx?:) Or you could create a template page. That is: Create a page inherited from System.Web.UI.Page and place your banner and buttons in this and then have all your other pages inherit tis custom page instead of System.Web.UI.Page. ...

Enbedding aspx page into another aspx page and post back
I have four aspx pages A,B,C and D. My scenerio is whenever there is request for B or C or D , the three should get merged and it should be rendered through A (A is empty page). And if there is any post back from these three, it should be posted to the respective page and the rendering should takes place as in the first request. How can i acheive this? I have tried by writing httpHandler and GetPageCompiled Instance() to merge the three pages.Please Help. Thanks in Advance try server.execute()"One who lacks kindness of the heart lacks all good" [Muslim] I would use a different approach.&...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

Can we reserver view state when page is post back from another page
When a page is post back by itself, the view state will automatically be saved and read. But is the page is post to another page, and then call back by that page, can we reserve the state ?  ad_flying wrote: When a page is post back by itself, the view state will automatically be saved and read. But is the page is post to another page, and then call back by that page, can we reserve the state ? I don't think so, whats the purpose for that?Richard XinMCAD(charter member),MCDBA,MCSDWeb Site: www.richardxin.com (For ASP.Net tips and Code snippet) I have seen this implementation a...

Web resources about - How to force a page to post back from another page? - asp.net.web-forms

Start your day like a Jedi, because Star Wars cereal is a thing
In case you haven't noticed, Star Wars fever is reaching fever pitch, with The Force Awakens due for imminent release around the globe. Get. ...

Trump's idea of a Muslim ban has legal experts divided
WASHINGTON (AP) — There's no legal or historical precedent for closing U.S. borders to the world's 1.6 billion Muslims, but neither is there ...

China, US leaders hold telephone call on Paris climate accord
Reuters UK China, US leaders hold telephone call on Paris climate accord - Xinhua Reuters UK BEIJING China's President Xi Jinping spoke with ...

Apple Won an Exclusive Taylor Swift Concert Streaming Deal
Yesterday, Apple announced that its Music service will have the exclusive rights to stream a concert film from Taylor Swift’s current world tour. ...

Turkey says its patience with Russia 'has a limit': newspaper
Turkey's foreign minister said Ankara's patience with Russia "has a limit" after Moscow's "exaggerated" reaction to a weekend naval incident ...

Los Angeles-based eSports live-streaming startup Azubu raises $60M to take on Twitch and YouTube
John Gaudiosi / Fortune : Los Angeles-based eSports live-streaming startup Azubu raises $60M to take on Twitch and YouTube — How This Startup ...

UFC 194: Yoel Romero vs ‘Jacare’ Souza, results, highlights, video
CONOR McGregor might have stolen the show but no one is more physically impressive in the UFC than Yoel Romero.

Landmark Spain election for voters to gauge state of nation
MADRID (AP) — In the main plaza of a wealthy suburban bastion of Spain's ruling Popular Party, volunteers hand out campaign pamphlets trumpeting ...

Independence Day: Resurgence trailer sows seeds of hopelessness
The first trailer for Independence Day 2, a.k.a. Independence Day: Resurgence, which unexpectedly landed in the middle of a Sunday afternoon ...

Saudi Arabia Needs EMILY's List... And France Needs To Remember How Bad Fascism Is
France was an absolute monarchy in 1302 when the aristocracy (including ecclesiastics) forced a semi-parliament, the Estates-General, on the ...