How to File Upload and Download file ( .doc/.pdf/.gif/.exl) from server web browser C#

How to File Upload and Download file ( .doc/.pdf/.gif/.exl) from server web browser

Please help me

Thanking you

Saikat

5
Saikat

Uploading: Try a Google search for upload file web server asp.net c#.

Download: <a href="http://www.mydomain.com/pathtofile">Download Me</a>

HTH,
Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
2
StrongTypes
4/20/2006 1:16:05 PM

Hi

I want to download this logo.gif . It is possable to download.

Download: <a href="http://www.google.com/intl/en/images/logo.gif">Download Me</a>

and

How to File Upload .doc/.pdf/.gif/.exl file web server C# code.

Please help me .

Thanking you

Saikat

-1
Saikat
4/20/2006 2:14:56 PM
Saikat:
I want to download this logo.gif . It is possable to download.

Download: <a href="http://www.google.com/intl/en/images/logo.gif">Download Me</a>

That is how you would create the hyperlink to download it.

Saikat:
How to File Upload .doc/.pdf/.gif/.exl file web server C# code.

This has already been answered.

Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
1
StrongTypes
4/20/2006 2:17:15 PM

Hi

Please try this.

I want to download this logo.gif

Saikat

-1
Saikat
4/21/2006 6:16:02 AM
Saikat:

I want to download this logo.gif

Right-click hyperlink > Save Target As

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
-1
StrongTypes
4/21/2006 6:21:25 AM

Thanking you for reply.

But I want click and download . Not useing Right-click hyperlink > Save Target As

Saikat

-1
Saikat
4/21/2006 6:31:10 AM
Saikat:
But I want click and download . Not useing Right-click hyperlink > Save Target As

Here's one of the many examples that can be found by searching Google for c# file download: http://eggheadcafe.com/forums/ForumPost.asp?ID=7962&INTID=1

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
1
StrongTypes
4/21/2006 7:11:09 AM

Hi

Download document this type

Upload File

back-end file .cs file

write this code in click event of serverside button

string

strSource;

string strDest;

try {

strDest = Server.MapPath(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("AnimationImage") + "/1.jpg");

System.IO.File.Delete(strDest);

FileHImage1.PostedFile.SaveAs(strDest);

}

catch {

strDest = Server.MapPath(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("AnimationImage") + "/1.jpg");

strSource = FileHImage1.PostedFile.FileName;

FileCopy(strSource, strDest);

}

aspx Page code

put file control and make serverside and put serverside button.

Warm Regards,

Jayu.
Impossible Is Nothing
2
jayu

How to File Upload in file server by using web application C#
Currently I am working to upload a csv file  Upload in file server (not on webserver) getting error , I map Y drive to our file server. (y=\\fileserver\load\) Could not find a part of the path 'Y:\LeadsUpload\errorfixsales.xls'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'Y:\LeadsUpload\errorfixsales.xls'.   FileUpLoad1...

File Upload on file server not on webserver, by using web application C#
I know how to upload files on webserver, but when trying to upload a file on different machine getting  error I am trying with FileUpLoad1.SaveAs(@"\\enterprise\LeadsUpload" + FileUpLoad1.FileName);getting error Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.  please help.DostMy website The server services authentication credentials don't have access to your unc path. Why not create a virtual path under you webserver that points to the unc provide the necessary credentials and then write to that path versus the unc path.  Which would also b...

Uploading files to a different file server but not web server
Hi, I want to upload files to a different file server than the web server using asp.net, is that possible?I can use Server.MapPath to store it on the same server. How do I save it to a different machine? What all I need? Do I need IP address? Do I need to have a shared folder on that machine? thank u for the help!!! There is only a few built in ways to get a file from one machine to another in windows.  Things like FTP, HTTP, or File Sharing - you are going to need a path to the server.  You cannot upload directly to that server.  You'll need to upload to your web s...

Move File From Web Server to File Server
Our organization has a web server and file server in the same domain. On our public website ordering page, users have the ability to upload a document. The document is currently saved on the Web server in a temp directory. I need to move the uploaded file off the webserver and over to a specific directory on the file server. I have tried using File.Move to accomplish this but encountered permission errors. How does this need to be set up to work? The code format I have is File.Move ("c:\\dir\\file.ext", "\\\\fileserver\\dir\\file.ext"); Thanks in Advance ...

Problem with download large 25.0MB pdf file would not download on new beta from web server.
Name: Email: dgrayatfastkatdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with download large 25.0MB pdf file would not download on new beta from web server. Comments: Would not download PDF file from off site Server. Was 25.00mb file would only load 13.70MB Downloaded file with windows explorer. Tried 4X Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100413 Firefox/3.6.4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one yo...

how to upload a massive file(such as 1GMB) file using web browser ?thank you!
the control provided by asp.net only upload a small file,i want to use it to upload a massive file. set your timeout (for that page) to an insane number... like 5 days or something.Josh Withrowhttp://www.LuckyDogDigital.comhttp://Blog.LuckyDogDigital.com Hi hu58, My blog might give some info to you: http://weblogs.asp.net/coltk/archive/2004/02/06/FleskUploader.aspx Regards, ^-^...

File upload to a server other than the web server.
I have a very simple asp.net upload page. Everything works great when saving the file locally (web server). Things are getting ugly when trying to save files to a different machine (file server, database server,...) So, when using .SaveAs and passing in the UNC path to the new server location I get an *Access denied* error messgae. When mapping a network drive and using the drive letter in the .SaveAs path I get an message saying parts of the path cannot be found. any ideas? thanks  --tolgaApplication Developer Make sure that the account running asp.net web applicaiton(default NETWORK_SERVICE) has write access to the different machine.ThanksGaneshIf you find my reply help you Mark it Answered. So, I simply *opened* the entire server for anybody with full control. I added NETWORK SERVICE and ASPNET to the local admins. I alse granted *EVERYONE* and NETWORK SERVICE and ASPNET full control over the folder I am trying to upload the file into...still access denied.  The crazy things is, being in Visaul Studio on my dev machine the uplaod to the other servers works. As soon as I put it on the production web server it fails. This is getting really frustrating. thanks for your help though... --tolga Application Developer You dont need to give permissions for every one or add to admin group that would be a security threat. Have you added the user to the folder on another machine ? for ex: Machine1, Machine 2 Machine1 is runni...

Move files from a web server to another web server
I am migriting my site from asp.3.0 to asp.net and I am used to simply copy files from my dev server to production server when my files are ready to go public. With asp.net I can't do that. What do I need to do before and after I copy my files to the production server to make it work. You can do a simple copy with .NET as well. You can copy all the files and directory structs but you only need the .ASPX, .ASCX, the DLL in the bin directory along with your other 'support' files. Also note that there is a 'copy project' option in VS.NET which will do the above.Mike Schellenberger - MCAD...

File Upload control, file loads in VS2008 and server browser, file fails load from client browser across LAN
Win2008 Standard with IIS7.0. VS2008 website project with grid and upload control in form template.  File upload control loads image file to database blob column for display by grid. Using Windows authentication for an intranet application. Image file uploads to the database blob without errors in VS2008 test environment and from the Win2008 server IE7 browser. Image file does not upload (falls through to CATCH for file not loaded) when file is selected from client IE7browser on LAN or WAN. I suspect the problem is then with security setup of IIS 7.0 and/or web.config. Unable to f...

FTP file upload between client browser and Web server
does anyone know if there is a way to let user to upload file from their browser to the web server via ftp method but not http upload?I searched the forum and the web. It seems FtpWebRequest only upload file from web server to ftp server. because it creates request by file location like: WebRequest.Create(CompleteFTPPath). or  StreamReader sourceStream = new StreamReader("testfile.txt"); anyone got any idea? Hi, Please follow this sample, good luck! How to Upload File using FTP in ASP.Net 2.0 Other more: ASP.Net Project FTP Upload Utility ThanksPlease give us feedback no matter whether you get your answer.Please "mark as answer" if it's useful for youSincerely,Jerome Well. I think what i mean is like establishing a stream between client browser( not web server) and ftp server.you see. In the first link, it says:  Dim reqObj As FtpWebRequest = WebRequest.Create(CompleteFTPPath)and uploadFileUsingFTP("ftp://localhost/ftp1.txt", "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ftp.txt")but if you upload this code to a web server, the localhost will be webserver not clients machine.   Hi, As it said, it just use localhost to take a test but that doesn't mean it's must be in webserver. You still can set the ftp server as you like, and you can even use UploadFile Control to take your file in your client machine. What's more, I find other good tutorial for you: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.ftpwebrequest.aspx...

How to display a pdf/doc/ppt file in a web browser
I am building an application which need to connect to a db and extract a pdf/doc/ppt file stored in a binary form from it and display it in a web browser.I am facing problem in extracting pdf/doc/ppt files from the db(Ms SQL) and displaying it in the browser. Can any body help me on this.ANGSHUMAN MITRA Hi, Check out this link http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6027591.html on how to control how data is delivered to ASP.NET You might also try searching google for MIME TYPES. Hope this helps, Scott...

File upload in chunks
So I downloaded the files from codeproject for the "upload files in chunks" application at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/XML/MTOMWebServices.aspx?df=100&forumid=250646&exp=0&select=2292508 I've adapted the c# code into vb.net and tests I run locally show it working ok.  Trouble is, the client side was written for windows application level client, not web, so I'm wondering if anyone has already got a bit of client side web coding to take an uploaded file and split it into chunks that is compatible with this web service at all? Well I use MTOM and WSE 3.0 ...

how to display pdf, doc or etc files in a portion web browser
I have a task that,in web page i 4 parts or portions. in one part or portions iam able to show files in a directory. if a user clicks any one of the file (it may be any type of file .pdf or .doc or .txt) now i need to open (or showing the preview of this file in other portion of my webpage. how can i  complete this task ? friends please help me.   Put an iframe in your preview section and redirect the url of the iframe to what ever file you want to show there.Hanan Schwartzberg--------------------http://www.lionsden.co.il...

how to save file (stored on SQL server) to file/web server?
Hi Experts, I got files stored on SQL server db. I would like to be able to save them onto file/web server. I know how to retrieve them, but not sure how to save to file/web server. Please help. Thanks so much. Below are codes for retrieving file info from sql server:Dim strFileName As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileName")Dim strFileType As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileType")Dim strFileSize As Integer = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQ...

upload files and downloading a pdf file
what data type am i going to put to my uploadedFiles column in my database... uploaded files are in document format or .txt  also.. how can i make those files converted into pdf files.. also enable users to download it.. tnx!!! forums.asp.net = "great help"red is the name What kind of database? With SQL Server, its an Image datatype.  If you want ot convert it to a PDF, you need to look at third party add-ons.  There is nothing in the .NET Framework that handles PDFs specifically. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site varbinary is the datatype you wis...

cannot download pdf files using firefox (other web browsers work fine)
Name: Angela Berenstein Email: berensteinatecedotucsb.edu Product: Firefox Summary: cannot download pdf files using firefox (other web browsers work fine) Comments: I cannot download pdf files using firefox from most sites, however whe I use Explorer, it works just fine. This occurred soon after I downloaded the 2.0.0.1 version of Firefox browser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 ...

Is that need to upload "global.asax", "web.config" file to web server?
hi all...here is my problem......... Is that need to upload "global.asax", "web.config" file to web server? let say my asp.net main form is "WebForm1.aspx, after i upload WebForm1.aspx to webserver, Is that need to upload "global.asax", "web.config" or other file to the website? Hi, You need to upload your web.config file. If you are making use of your global.asax, then you need to upload the same. Making use, per say, you are storing some application variables etc., in the global.asax.vb or .cs files. Note that you don't nee...

WEB FORMS and datasetS (do I have to repeat the file definition in every web form?)
I am working on vb.net.I have a project with 35 web forms and an access file with 18 tables.Until now I have defined the oledbadapters in every form by dragging the tables from the server explorer tool box.This is not a good idea because every time that I make a change on the database design I have to drag the new definition on 35 web forms and I have to create the datasets again. This is boring and time consuming!The question is:WHAT CAN I DO TO HAVE THE FILE DEFINITION ONLY IN ONE PLACE AND THAT EVERY WEB FORM WOULD TAKE THE DATA ADAPTERS AND DATASETS FROM THERE? how about if you write a class that has all the data access functions that returns datasets, and use this class in all your forms. This way if you change the database, you just have to change the class.Wessam Zeidan Thank you for your answer:But I don't understan what do you call  "Data access functions that returns datasets"I mean, the wizard generates in the web form code like this Me.OleDbSelectCommand1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand Me.OleDbInsertCommand1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommandMe.OleDbUpdateCommand1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommandMe.OleDbDeleteCommand1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommandMe.OleDbConnection1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionMe.OleDbDataAdapter1 = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapterMe.DataSet11 = New globales.DataSet1CType(Me.DataSet11, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).BeginInit()'OleDbSelectCommand1Me.OleDbSelectCommand1.CommandText = "SELE...

Help!! Problem accessing a WORD file in web server using C#.NET
Hi experts, I am trying to open the content of a WORD file from C#.NET which resides in the REMOTE SERVER, however I get an error:"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Server execution failed" when declaring new Word.ApplicationClass(). string fileName = this.btnWorkOrder1.Value;object readOnly = false;object isVisible = false;object saveChanges = false;object missing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value;object dynamic = 2; //error here:Word.ApplicationClass oWordApp = new Word.ApplicationClass(); Word.Document oWordDoc = oWordApp.Documents.Open(ref file, ref missing, ref readOnly,...

add/change name/delete server files via vb.net web form
I have the add(upload) part of this page figured out. I have an application with an "Images" sub directory. I know how to access the getfiles() method from the system.IO namespace. I am using a while loop to create a table with an edit button (so that you can change the name of the file) and a delete button so you can remove the file from the server. Each file is on a new line much like it would look if it was bound to a datalist or datagrid. Here is where I am clueless. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am not looking for someone to write this for me, beca...

file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client
hi,i have a file uploader control user can attach files (.rar, .zip, etc) and store file folder and path in database. and another user can click of attach link and can download that file. how can i do this please solve out this problem. you can find your problem solution in this link and you can store the file name in your database server.http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/network/net-fileupload-aspnet2-csharp.aspxPlease Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com As always there are many ways and which ...

ability to close page with open downloaded .doc or .pdf file and return to previous web page
 Hi: I have a grid with list of documents.  User selects one and this opens another page with the downloaded/open file.  Because this is not on a form, there is no return button/ link/ to the previous page with the grid.  One can use the browser back arrow but if you forget to do it that way, and try to just close the doc page, you close the web program.  Is there a way to do this, perhaps with ajax or some other new method such that if they close the document they will automatically return to the last page rather than close the ...

convert .doc file to .pdf file in C#
Hello,I need to convert a .doc file to .pdf file in dot net using C# . Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks Hello, Please check the link below. http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/sertf2pdf.aspx Hope it will help you, do let me know if it helps you.S.SRIRAM Thanks for your reply but it is not working.  Hello, What problem you r facing?.. Alternate links are here. .... http://dotnetf1.blogspot.com/2008/07/convert-word-doc-into-pdf-using-c-code.html Please let me know if you still face issues,  S.SRIRAM Hi, Based on my understanding, you should belon...

cannot upload files through the web browser
Has anyone ever run into the problem of not being able to upload files to ifolder through the web browser, for me it just says uploading file but never does...please help!! Phil DeShazer wrote: > Has anyone ever run into the problem of not being able to upload files to > ifolder through the web browser, for me it just says uploading file but > never does...please help!! Which iFolder version, which OS on server & client, which browser? -- Bert Plat / bert @my-real-box.com -or- skype bertplat (txt only) "It must be hard for Christian Fundamentalists to fin...

Web resources about - How to File Upload and Download file ( .doc/.pdf/.gif/.exl) from server web browser C# - asp.net.web-forms

Download to Donate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Download to Donate is a program by Music for Relief , a non-profit organization established by Linkin Park in 2005 to help victims of natural ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
Dropify launched in January, integrating with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

CrowdMob’s Mafia Location Game Harnesses Facebook Places to Drive Downloads
Even though Facebook likely has around 700 million users now, it actually isn’t often that we hear the social network is a major driver for user ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

Glu’s Kendall & Kylie Hit 1.3 Million U.S. Downloads in 5 Days
... experienced rapid growth since its release on February 17, as data from app store optimization company Sensor Tower revealed the game was downloaded ...