How to display all of my validation controls in my Validation summary control?

I have a  validation summary control I am using on a web form to validate various controls on a web form. For one of the controls  which is a text box control, I have a custom validation control. When someone presses the save button, all of the controls are validated. If any errors occur, then the error message is displayed in the validation summary area above all of the controls. This is what I want. The problem though is that I also get an error message next to my text box which was assigned the custom validator control. The problem here is that the error message is a long sentence and when displayed next to my controls, it screws up the format of my other controls and they are all pushed over to the right of the screen.

How can I just have the error message displayed in the validation summary control and not next to my text box which was assigned the custom validator control?

Will

0
brgdotnet

Hi Will

 I think you just want to perhaps put a * in the error text for the textbox and still have the usual content in your validation summary like you do at he moment.

Gregor Suttie
MCSD, MCAD, MCSD.Net
0
gsuttie2002

Validation controls are triggereing other forms validation controls?
Can someone please look at this an explain whats going on. When you click on subscribe it triggers my registration form validation controls. I'not sure what "subscribe" is supposed to do, but if you dont want it to cause validation, set the CausesValidation property to false.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Make sure the feild is an email address Hey coolkidsonly, your initial posting didn't show us anything to look at. We are just guessing here without the specifics. However, m...

Controlling the controls a validator validates
Hello, I want to control which controls appear for a validator when they go to controltovalidate dropdown in property grid.  Is the solution to create a designer for the control?  How do you regulate that?  I can't override the ControlToValidate property... Thanks.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Well ur logic is true, thats the way, what u need to do is not override the property (cant), create another property, that implemen...

Validation controls displayed over other controls
Does anyone know of away to display a validation control on top of a dropdownlist? Or any other ideas on how to display an error message on top of a dropdownlist. I'm a novice at this so please don't get too deep in programming. Hi, first of all, most people are used to see validation controls, being it either in a web application or a winforms application, right of the control that needs attention. Being said that you could use the z-index of CSS to display a <span> or <div> tag above your control and put the validation control inside that html tag that you display above y...

Validation controls display error message even with Validation Summary
I have a page which includes several required field, comparison and custom validation controls. Some are directly on the page and some are included inside of several user controls. When I submit the page, I call if Page.IsValid and each validator shows its appropriate error message.I then added a ValidationSummary control and tested my page. The ValidationSummary correctly listed all of my error messages. However, each individual validation control still showed its individual error message.All of the validation controls have Display="dynamic" and EnableClientScript="false".Can anyone su...

How to validate controls on a .NET 2.0 Web user Control
Hi Guys, (ASP.NET 2.0 / C#) I've looked thorugh every post on validating web user controls (and know about Pter Blum's Professional Validation and More package) - but can't seem to get my head around whre to start. I have a web user control, called wucICL.ascx on a we page called AddEditInvestment.aspx.  I would like to validate a couple of DropDownLists (ddlAccounts and ddlContacts) when the Insert and Update buttons are clicked on the AddEdit Investment page. The other controls on the AddEditInvestments page belong to a validation group called All Validators and the DropDownL...

Creating a User Control validator that validates a control on the page, rather than inside the control.
I'm trying to create a custom user control that is nothing more than a RangeValidator that validates other controls that lie on the page rather than inside the control itself... is this possible, is there a way to "bubble" it up. Thanks, G My answer to your other question regarding the CompareValidator applies here. If the custom control is in the same naming container AND does not implement INamingContainer, you can create a property that lets the user assign the control to validate. Internally assign the Validator.ControlToValidate property to the value of that property.-...

Validation Control question
Hello.  I have a form with several validation controls checking input boxes.  This form also has a DDL (dropdownlist).  This form also has a formview control in insert mode - this formview control has the validation controls.  The formview visibility is set to false. When a user selects an item from the DDL (which causes a postback) I set the visibilty of the formview to true.  At this point the validation controls are showing errors in th evalidation summary even though the user has not attempted to do any inputs. Where or how can I control when the validation ...

Composite controls: Validators and the Validator Summary
Hello all. I am writing my first composite control and am trying to get required field validators to use the validtor summary.  I have written a very simple example to demonstrate my problem.  This control has just a textbox and a required field validator.  It has a couple of properties (for the display mode and the error message) and sets each differently so I can ask if both are valid (one in the actual property and the other in PreRender).  It doesn't inherit NamingContainer but manually sets the ID.  Other than that I don't think there's anything out o...

Custom Validation and Validation Summary Controls
Does anyone know if it's possible to use a custom validation control that includes both server validation and client-side validation that will allow you to include the results of the client side validation back in the Validation Summary?  Long sentence.. sorry. For example: I want to create a custom validator for a  password field on a form. (The form does contain many more form fields.) That custom validator will validate using javascript that i set up.  So far I have created all this, without any problems.  But what I would like to do, is add the failed validation stri...

validation control in runtime dont recognized control to validate
 i have repeater with textbox and dropdown, according t some value i set visible = true / false to each one of these controlsnow , in some textbox i want to add programaticly a required field to validate this text box and i get the following massage:  "Unable to find control id 'ROOT_UNIT' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of ' ' "here is some code:    Private Const RootUnitControlId As String = "ROOT_UNIT" looping the repeater with repeater item (ri)     ElseIf type = SegmentInfo....

Using Validation Control When the control to validate is initially hidden
Hi to all, When I used the validation controls (RequiredField Validator)  in initially VISIBLE controls, it works fine. But when the controls i want to validate is initially hidden, it seems that the validation doesn't not work. What do you think is the problem?  By the way, my hidden controls is in a table inside a PopUpPanel which is inside an UpdatePanel. Hope you can help me. Thanks Khrizz   khrizz Hello!! You can use like following: to avoid this condition. protected void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { &nbs...

Why validation control validate after...
I am using asp file upload and apply requiredfield validator and it shows an error message when i click on button its work fine but after selectin of file i press again click button the file upload successfully but the error message display again after successfull execution how can i solve this...Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you. Hi, What error you encountered? And could you please post some code? You didn't refer to Ajax functionality. BTW if you put fileupload control into UpdatePanel, it is not available. UpdatePanel doesn't support fileupload.Vi...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Create Custom Validation Summary Message with or without using Validator Summary Control
Hi  i wanted to create a validation control or technique to display certain custom messages on the page. i tried to use the validation summary control that comes with .net. But that always displays all the error messages of the validation controls. I just want to know that can i display only certain validation messages for my validation controls??? eg: I had say 10 required field validators. And i just need to display a common message for all of them. Is it possible???   thanks in advance AjeeethAM You would have to use a custom validator and write the JavaScript/C# nece...

Web resources about - How to display all of my validation controls in my Validation summary control? - asp.net.web-forms

Cross-validation (statistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a model validation technique for assessing how the results of a statistical analysis will generalize to an independent data set. It is mainly ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
... No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a play-off at the Colonial event. "It's a good feeling and maybe some validation ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...