how to compile xxxx.aspx and xxxx.vb

Hi guys..i am asp programmer...and still don't get to this aspx. and vb concept..
i just write script and the html in one page.
i want to learn how to seperate those two side into two pages..

any basic thing that i should know?..any website link?

thanks...
0
skwak2

this is called codebehind. what you're used to is 'inline'

you can use inline, no problem. what editor are you using?

RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadable

Jason Brown - MVP, IIS
0
Atrax
7/22/2005 6:12:22 PM

don't laugh at me..i am using notepad..

i am starting to use visual studio.net

0
skwak2
7/22/2005 6:15:11 PM
well, with notepad you won't be able to use codebehind - just make an
inline aspx page and run it from IIS - the framework, when correctly
registered, will do the compilation for you.

with visual studio, just make sure you run a build when you want to commit your changes...

RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadable

Jason Brown - MVP, IIS
0
Atrax
7/22/2005 7:06:54 PM

I suggest starting out with this article that describes the page compilation model in Whidbey (ASP.NET 2.0) and compares it to the compilation model in ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/codecompilation.asp

There have been some changes to Whidbey since the article was written (the Code folder is now named App_Code, and instead of the CompileWith page attribute we now use CodeFile), but it gives a good comparison of the technologies

-Dan
danmor

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Get Hostname Failed For IP Address:xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx
Can somone please tell me why all of a sudden I am getting this message continuously on my console screen. Thx Do you have that IP address/URL in an access rule? Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files, books and consulting services for BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net *** Yep I did. I took it out and it works fine. Thx "Craig Johnson" <craigsj@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:VA.000027b2.034e1f4c@athlon3... > Do you have that IP address/URL in an access rule?...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

Url Length limitation for "mailto:xxxx?&cc=xxxx&subject=xxxx&body=xxxx"
Hi All.. I want to generate automatic Emails after setting up the mailto, cc, subject, body components dynamically.. Lotus Notes is my default email client.  My code goes like this..message = string.Format(@"mailto:{0}?&cc={1}&subject={2}&body={3}", recipients, cc, subject, messageText); //Open registered email client with the formatted message. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(message); The email generation fails in case of subject or message goes longer.. I cannot assure of a fixed length of this URL.. It varies in cases.. Please help me out to solve thi...

Deploying Vb.Net Web Forms on the server
I created a setup file for my first test Web Application. It has a few forms that I like to test on the server. What do I have to do on the server for it to work properly. I have it working on my dev machine. What do I have to install and is there any changes that I have to make to machine.config or any other files. I am using the default settings in Global and web.config files. These files were generated by the Vb.Net 2003. I have been reading on this for awhile and like to make sure of the steps I have to follow. Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Looping through controls in VB.Net Web Form
I need to disable every imagebutton. In VB6, I would have done it like this: 1 Dim iButton As ImageButton 2 For Each iButton In Me.Controls 3 iButton.Enabled = False 4 Next In .Net, I get a "Specified cast is not valid" errror on line 2. Using Page.controls in place of Me.Controls also produces the same error. So, I tried this (and multiple variations): 1 Dim ibControl As Object 2 For Each ibControl In Me.Controls 3 If TypeOf ibControl Is ImageButton Then 4 ...

Compilation Errors In VB Web Form
I created a web form in VB but for some reason I'm getting several compilation errors as well as a warning :( and I'm at a total loss as to what i've done wrong. Here's the code:  1 <%@Page Explicit="true" Language="VB" Debug="true" EnableViewState="False" %> 2 3 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 4 5 6 <script runat="server"> 7 8 Sub Click(ByVal sender As Obj...

login form for web services vb.net
Hi, I'm trying to create a windows form with  web services that check if the user and password are the same within the SQL SERVER DATABASE, if its the same then your a valid user if not your an invalid user. That is working ok, but I want to implement a try statement which only allows the user to enter in the details 3 times then the windows form shuts down. also if they do have it correct then another window opens up. ANY HELP PLEASE OR IF SOME 1 KNOWS HOW TO DO IT IN  ASP.NET :>  HERE THE CODE: <WebMethod()> _     &nbs...

Creating a web form in VB.NET 2003
I apologise if this has been asked a thousand times.  Firstly, I am using VB.NET 2003 (v7.1.3088) and .NET Framework 1.1.4322  SP1 on WinXP Professional SP2 platform with all security and critical updates in place.My background: good old FoxPro, VB6 and VBA under Access (yuk!)I am playing about with a test project before hopefully upgrading to VB.NET 2005 and i am having a fundamental problem with web forms for a ASP.NET web application.  Whenever I copy and paste an object (text box, label, etc) VB.NET pastes the object back onto the form apparently correctly.  After up...

coding in aspx.vb page of web form
Hi guys I m generating a repeater control by code it in aspx page(html coding) Here is the coding: <asp:SqlDataSource ID="datasrc" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ConnectionString1 %>"                        SelectCommand="SELECT [heading_t], [comment_t],[links_t],[imgurl] FROM [user_news_t] ORDER BY priority DESC" ProviderName="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ConnectionString1.ProviderName %>">&...

VB.NET web form Image control SizeMode
The "PictureBox" control in VB.NET has a property called "SizeMode". This allows you to choose how the image will display in the picture box if it is not the same size as the picturebox. However the "image" control for a VB.NET web form (in an ASP.NET application) does not have such a property, instead all images seem to be set to "StretchImage". I want them to be set to "normal", how can I do this? I thought of building my own user control but this would be silly because there must be a simpler way....

how to open .exe file in a web form in vb.net?
hi, Are there any one who know to open .exe file from a web form application? make a link like: My Exe ...

Web resources about - how to compile xxxx.aspx and xxxx.vb - asp.net.web-forms

Compile (publisher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Compile was a Japanese videogame developer, most notable for having developed the Puyo Puyo series, based on their Madou Monogatari franchise, ...

Information Is Power: Facebook Develops ThreatData To Compile Data On Web Threats
Part of being able to combat malware, phishing, and other online threats is gathering and consolidating as much data on those threats as possible, ...

Credit Suisse compiles yuan winners and losers list: report
... the lowers. A list of Australian winners and losers from the decision by China’s government to devalue the renminbi has reportedly been compiled ...

Beijing residents compile own death toll in flooding
Beijing residents fed up with a lack of official updates are compiling their own death tolls for last weekend's deadly floods in the capital, ...

New report compiles 25 years of UFO sightings in Canada
A Winnipeg group called Ufology Research has compiled and analyzed reported sightings of UFOs across Canada over the last 25 years.

China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands
China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands People's Daily Online ... States, Australia and the United Kingdom. The book is aimed ...

Googlers compile holiday search tips in rap video to help Santa with flight
Google is in full holiday swing (what, you haven't heard?). They just posted, on YouTube, a rap video that was put together by its employees, ...

Popular Dating Site Compiles 15 Stupid Reasons To Date A Lawyer
A new listicle describes a really horrible person to date and then says, “we think lawyers are probably this awful, go date them!” Continue ...

Author Compiles Lively L.A. Times History Lesson
Long before Eli Broad , Rupert Murdoch and people willing to pay $140 million for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, there was Harrison Gray Otis ...

Japan, China compile written pledge to improve ties ahead of summit
Japan and China reached a rare written agreement on Nov. 7 to improve relations strained by a territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands in ...