How to call or retrieve fields from sql and display in table without using ADO.net, I'm using a dynamic link library....Is the coding different?

Help me! I'm doing my school project on Software Change Management Tool, CR Tracker. I want to display table in the webform, and the table data is retrieve form the sql server. So how do I call the sql so as to display the data in a table?
0
rebeladeve

hy..

What does that dll contain ?
Does it already contains relevant code to connect to a database ?

Yes [Y]
0
swastikagaur
8/24/2005 10:14:40 AM
Have a look here

Thanks
Dinuj Nath
0
dinuj
8/24/2005 10:26:21 AM

The easy way to do this is with the use of a data bound grid. The Grid can be customised to look and feel you like. You will need to add a data adapter to your page and a grid. When you setup the data adapter you will need to let it build a dataset!

Good Luck

The bigambi
0
bigambi
8/24/2005 10:29:25 AM

with dll, I no need to declare the sql statements....for example I don't need to declare the following sql statements,

'Dim MyConnection1 As SqlConnection

'MyConnection1 = New SqlConnection("server=localhost;database=CR_Tracker;user=sa;password=sa")

'MyConnection1.Open()

'Dim selectProject As String

'Dim ds As New DataSet

'Dim sqldataadapter1 As SqlDataAdapter

0
rebeladeve
8/25/2005 2:10:43 AM
hy..

since your dll includes the necessary declarations, u just need to display data :
(supposing... in a DataGrid )

1) Write your SQL query which retrieves the data ( ur fields) "SELECT * from TableName"
2) sqldataadapter1 = new sqlDataAdapter(sqlQuery,MyConnection1)
3) Fill the Adapter with the DataSet : sqldataadapter1.Fill(ds)
4)Bind it to your DataGrid :  DataGrid1.DataSource = ds
5)DataGrid1.DataBind()

Hope this solves it !

Yes [Y]
0
swastikagaur

Why use parts of Ado.net when you can use SQL
Just on this line of thought. Why use objects such as DataTable,DataRow,DataColumn when you can use SQL to select and insert data more effectively. I have been creating applications that use sql queries and stored procedures. The other way to do it would be to use ADO.nets objects that help you like DataTable,DataRow, DataColumn. I hardly ever use them at all so are they really worth going into in depth. I prefer SQL to do all my data manipulation.MCAD.Net vb.net Perhaps you should explain how you use sql queries and stored procedures and how you think they're more effective. I f...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

CREATE TABLE dynamically using ADO.NET
Hi, I want to know is there any problems/issues/performance hit while doing the following:- My requirement is to do create table structure/relationship at runtime (which is my one time requirement) using ASP.NET/C#. I need your support/ideas/suggestion about these. Thanks And Regards Arulanantham.S Here's a link to an open source project that is an Enterprise Manager asp.net based application. It has source code and I would think the code to do what you are looking to do. You could view that for ideas, or perhaps it might fit your needs. Eric LandesEric LandesMA...

can not add a record to a db table using the vb.net and ado.net
Hi   I am trying to insert record to Pups Database using ado.net and vb.net in a windows application. This form will collect data from user to insert it into stores table at Pubs database (storeID, name, address etc..). I am not able to get the new inserted record into the stores table here is my coude behind for the formImports System.Data.SqlClient  Public Class ParametersExample Inherits System.Windows.Forms.FormDim con As SqlConnection  Private Sub addBttn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles addBttn.Click Dim cmd As SqlCommand = ...

How to display dataSet text field in a Label using ADO.NET?
Hello folks. What is the best way to display in a Label one column from a selected row in a GridView? The gridView is populated manually in the code behind, and it displays the data. The column in question is not one of the bound columns in the gridView, but is part of the dataSet (ie, the gridView shows columns 1-3, but I want to display column4 in a label. I started on code to identify the key, but not sure where to go from there. Sorry to bother the forum with this, but after several hours of searching the web and reading I still could not figure it out. many thanks in advance, Chris.Here...

Is having a trigger that inserts a row in Table 'A', when a row in same table is inserted by ADo.Net code?
I want to insert a row for a Global user  in Table 'A' whenever ADO.Net code inserts a Local user row into same table. I recommended using a trigger to implement this functionality, but the DBA was against it, saying that stored proecedures should be used, since triggers are unreliable and slow down the system by placing unecessary locks on the table. Is this true OR the DBA is saying something wrong? My thinking is that Microsoft will never include triggers if they are unreliable and the DBA is just wanting to offload the extra DBA task of triggers to the programmer so that a s...

I need to insert data into a mySQL 4 DB using ODBC, and I'm using .NET 1.1
I think the subject line pretty much clears up what I need to do.  I've included the code below that I have so far, I think I've got the connection right, but I don't know how to insert the data in the table when the command button is clicked.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="False"  EnableSessionState="False" EnableViewState="False" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %><%Dim ConnStr As String = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=localhost;Database=con...

Primary Key Field Displayed when using Ado.Net Entity Data Model
Hello, I've been playing around with the Dynamic Data using both the Linq to SQL and ADO.Net Entity Data model. I've created a site using the Dynamic Data Web Site template and the Linq to SQL DataContext and and able to sucessfully view and modify all the tables in the DataContext out of the box. However, when I create a Dynamic Data Entities Web Site using the ADO.Net Entity Data Model, I'm able to get the dynamic site to correctly scaffold.  However, when on the Details view and when I try and edit a record I'm forced to enter a value for the PK since it's a...

line break problem, I used the DetailsView to save an article to sql table, then I use label to read out from sql table, but couldn't break line.
Here is my code: <asp:Label ID="Label" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("ServiceBody") %>'></asp:Label>Life is not easy but beautiful! use <asp:Label ID="Label" style="word-wrap:normal" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("ServiceBody") %>'></asp:Label> and fix the widht of the colum in which you have placed this lable. like width=150px    If this post helps you, please mark it as Answer.Cheers,Muhammad Rizwan JavedSr .Net DeveloperAim 168, Dubai, UAE. Use ...

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

Web resources about - How to call or retrieve fields from sql and display in table without using ADO.net, I'm using a dynamic link library....Is the coding different? - asp.net.web-forms

Family of Teen Arrested for Homemade Clock Seeks $15M
Ahmed Mohamed was suspended after a teacher mistook his clock for fake bomb.

Ted Cruz Touts Endorsement Of Extreme Anti-Gay, Anti-Choice Activist Flip Benham
A list of endorsements from faith leaders published by Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign last week includes not only anti-gay pastor Ron Baity ...

Jimmy Kimmel ‘Star Wars’ Special Reveals Interesting New Details About ‘The Force Awakens’
The Jimmy Kimmel Star Wars special brought the entire main cast out and into the hot seat. They answered all sorts of strange questions for this ...

Brussels Still Locked Down, as Belgium Hunts for Paris Attack Fugitive
Biggest security operation in Belgium since World War II

Russians are just as pissed as Putin about Turkey shooting down their jet
Some Russians are sharing rage on social media over Turkey's downing of a Russian military plane on Tuesday with a hashtag that translates as ...

What you need to know about Dell’s self-signed certificate blunder
Whoops, said Dell, effectively, we're going to have to go ahead and remove this bit of software from your computer before it becomes a problem. ...

Jeff Bezos’ Space Program Successfully Lands A Rocket
Jeff Bezos took to Twitter for the first time to announce a milestone from his space company Blue Origin, and the internet soaked it in… The ...

Windows 10 November update apparently deleting some third-party programs
Microsoft may have gotten too aggressive with the speed and stability fixes in Windows 10’s November update , which is reportedly wiping some ...

Square’s New Apple Pay And Chip Card Reader Available To Pre-Order
Shortly after going public, Square announced that its new card reader is now available to pre-order on its website for $49. The new reader will ...

Own your drone: the US is one step closer to drone registration
A new report for the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has recommended that drones weighing over 250g should be officially registered ...