how to allow users to drag drop controls (textbox, drop down)

 We have a situation where the user needs to choose the layout of the page. They want to drag drop text boxes and other controls onto the page. We need to provide a toolbox similar to visual studio, from where they can drag drop controls. Also when they have created a page and saved it, the whole set of controls + page should also be available on the left side drag/drop menu for them to use thereafter.

Anyone can help

Thanks,

Balaji

Balaji
0
btg

Look for AjaxControlToolkit from http://www.asp.net/ajax

0
mgodoy_desenv

Cant drag-and-drop Web Custom Control to Web Form!
Hi,I'm going insane here, I've read countless articles how to create a Web Custom Control and add it to the Toolbox and then just Drag-and-Drop it to a Web Form.And I have done exactly that except for the last step, any Web Custom Control I create refuses to be Drag-and-Dopped to the Web Form. What happens is the following, after I have added the Web Custom Control to the ToolBox I click it and drag it to the Web Form designer area. First I can see the icon of the Web Custom Control and I see a Referance being created but just after that the icon changes to one of those "you cant park here s...

Drag and Drop from Solution Explorer onto Web Form doesn't drop object but drops file name instead
I can't seem to figure out why, when I drag and drop a user control from Solution Explorer onto my Web Form that the filename, including the directory spec., is dropped on the form rather than the object itself.  This is also true when I drag and drop onto the toolbox.  I can't seem to figure this one out... Hi MichelleBaker, From your description, I understand that when you drag and drop a user control from Solution Explorer to your aspx page, instead of getting a user control instance, you can only get the link with file path of the user control. If there has been any ...

web user control drag and drop problem
Hi Everybody,I am using web user controls in ASP.NET 1.1 and when I drag and drop a web user control, it gives a hyperlink to that control instead of creating an instance of the control, I have already registered the control in the container page and the control also has a classname. Now I am going to chek if I can manually type in the control tag to create an instance. But the drag and drop is not working. Any help would be appriciated.  Hi Try the link below, it might help uhttp://www.cmswire.com/cms/tips-tricks/aspnet-reusing-web-user-controls-and-forms-000915.php Nital SoniDon'...

I am not able to drag and drop some of the AJAX controls onto my web form
I donwloaded and installed the AJAX control kit. I used the update panel along with the script manager control and it works great. Now I am having a strange problem, because I want to use some of the other AJAX controls. Some of them will drag and drop nicely onto my web form. But for other AJAX controls when I try and drag and drop them onto my web forms, they will not drag and drop. Instead I get a black circle with a line through it for the cursor. Signaling that I cannot drag and drop the control. What is the problem here? I tried dragging and dropping the Collapsible panel control,...

How do people know they can drag and drop a drag and drop control?
Hi,My question is one of design and usage.  I created a drag an droppable "page menu" for a small number of items that change dynamically depending on the page a user is on.  My question is, how do I communicate that this control can be moved around on the page?  Do others depend on their users discovering this on their own?  I considered putting it in the title - ie "Page Menu (drag and drop)" but co-workers didn't care for that approach much more than I did.  I considered  hover-over text, but I'm not sure how to...

ReOrderList drag and drop into seperate instances of the same web user control
I have a ReOrderList control which i will be putting inside a web user control. On the page there will be a ReOrderList containing instances of this control. I want to be able to drag an item from the ReOrderList on an instance of the web user control and drop it into another instance of the web user control, adding it to the ReOrderList on that instance.Any suggestions on how i should go about acheiving this?Thanks!  Is it possible doing it like this? or would there be a better way to achieve the same functionality?...

How to restrict the user for "drag and drop" text from the form to textbox
i have a textBox which is used to enter only numbers, ok i used a javascript to restrict to enter only numbers but the user can drag and drop the text from the form (either textbox name, label name...etc) to that textbox now i want to restrict the user to drag and drop the text..... its very urgent, please help me With Regards         Hi, preventing drag & drop or copy & paste would only cause the enduser to get unsatisfied, if at all possible to do so. Actually it's up to you to prevent unallowed content to be put in a textbox. You can ...

Multiple file drag and drop not working when Windows Forms Control is embeded in Web Page.
Hi all,I am having a winodows forms control (windows control library) which is having a list view control on to which I will drag and drop the files and the control holds their names along with the path. It is working fine when I am executing it in VS2005. I am able to drag and drop single file or multiple files at a time. But, when I am embeding it into a web page using <object> tab, I am able to drag drop only single file at a time, it is not allowing me to drag and drop multiple files at a single go. any body have any clue?my web page code:<object id="myName" classid=&q...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Drag and drop multiple Files into embeded Windows Forms Control in Web Page is not working
 Hi all,I am trying to develop a web application in which I want to have a list box in a form. It should be able to drag and drop the files on to it. It should just capture the file name with the path.I am able to do this in a Windows application, by setting the "AllowDrag" property of the list box to true. How can I achieve this in Web application? For the matter of fact I just want to capture all the names of the files that are dragged on to the form. It need not be list box alone. any other control will also do.Any ideas please.Thanks you all in Advance.-Ram Not possible...

Drag & Drop other web controls to a composite control
Hi allI´m working on a GroupBox control and wonder if anyone know how I should do to make it possible to drag other web controls on it (just as if it was a System.Windows.Forms.GroupBox). Best RegardsMikael Håkansson I think it will suffice if you set the ParseChildren attribute to False. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconusingparsechildrenattribute.asp Jos...

Is it possible to drag and drop controls freely on Panel web control?
I want to drag and drop control freely on Panel just like put windows control on groupbox and drag&drop freely, but after i put a control on panel, it is always on the left top corner, i can't drag it to other positioin. Does anybody help me out? The Web Forms Panel's contents are in FlowLayout. In order to get what you are expecting, you need to go to the HTML tab in the toolbox, and use a "Gird Layout Panel." j a s o n   b u n t i n g after you drag and drop the 2nd control onto your form, switch to HTML view and just copy/paste that control in your pane...

How to update ListView.DragIcon so ListView control is shown as not allowed to drop on a control which is not the intended Drop target?
Hello.. Using Powerbuilder 7.0 I'm dragging a ListView control... I select the DragIcon for the ListView based on the PictureIndex property of the selected item on the same ListView control, and in the LargePictureName[] list. The intended target for dropping that ListView control is a TreeView control... while moving within the TreeView control, everything is cool... I also coded the dragdrop event... works nice. But if the user drags the ListView control into other controls within the Window (I have several DataWindow controls there) I would like to change the Drag...

Filling a textbox on a parent web user control from a child web form
Hi, I currently have a web user control (pf_imageselector.ascx) which is dynamically created (any number of times) on a parent web user control (pf_fillitems.ascx) which in turn has been loaded into a webform (default.aspx). On the user control is a text box called txbSelectedImage and a button. On click of the button run's this code: function OpenChild() { var strImageFile; var WinSettings = "height=580,width=630,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no"; window.open("pf_stockimage.aspx", null, WinSettings); } Which obviously open a ch...

Web resources about - how to allow users to drag drop controls (textbox, drop down) - asp.net.web-forms

Now you can control your GoPro Camera from Apple Watch
One of the nicest features of the GoPro camera is the ability to control it using the iPhone app. With the GoPro App , you can easily control ...

Microsoft Band updated to include music controls and inactivity alerts
... Microsoft Band came out, the company is adding functionality with a small software update. The two biggest features of this update—music controls ...

Control a car's features with a glance? Not science fiction
Filed under: Emerging Technologies , Infotainment , Technology Press a button to change your car's climate controls? Turn a knob to view your ...

Arizona leaders welcome 'Leave No Child Behind' successor, less federal control
azcentral.com Arizona leaders welcome 'Leave No Child Behind' successor, less federal control azcentral.com The Senate gave final approval ...

FTC and healthcare cost control
... Pennsylvania, and lead to reduced quality and higher health care costs for the area’s employers and residents….the merged entity would control ...

"... Trump owns and controls the media... they can't not cover him... his audience is bigger than theirs ...
... their army (i.e., the media) can't take out their enemy. They don't have the slightest idea what to do.... The media, in their own minds, controls ...

How to control your iPhone by just tilting your head
... the best sight, hearing, or motor functions to still use iOS to its fullest capabilities — but they can also be used to customize your controls. ...

Fox Presents Ben Stein As An Awesome, Stupendous Gun Control Genius
Fox News host Neil Cavuto was super-impressed with “great writer and thinker” Ben Stein's opposition to gun control. “The problem is not gun ...

White House: We’re Not Going To Wait Until Something Happens To Pass Gun Control
Reporter: 'Where any of the recent mass shooters on the no-fly list?' Earnest: 'Not that I'm aware of'