How Select one dropdownlist value using down arrows corresponding other dropdownlist value are select

I am using two dropdownlist box.One is used for country selection. other one is used for state selection.I am using dropdown selectedindexchanged event.

when i click country dropdownlist corresponding state is selected in state dropdownlist box.

How select the country in country dropdownlist using down arrow keys at the same time corresponding state is select in state dropdown list.
R.Karthikeyan
0
kartmca

kartmca:
How select the country in country dropdownlist using down arrow keys at the same time corresponding state is select in state dropdown list.

Generally, we don't implmenet it in that way.

What we do is that when the user selects a Country from the Countries list , we fill the States list based on the selected country.

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas

How to take selected value of dropdownlist in web method using cascading dropdownlist
Hi All,I am using C# asp.net 2.0 and ajax1.0.I am trying to fill dropdownlist using ajax cascading toolkit but I am not able to populate the dropdownlist.  My question is how do I take input value of parent dropdownlist in web service the fill the data that is in my senario I have subprod parent (fill on page load) and then Prod fill on subprod selection.  The web service method I used is  public CascadingDropDownNameValue[] GetProd(string knownCategoryValues, string category) { StringDictionary kv = CascadingDropDown.ParseKnownCategoryValuesString(known...

DropDownList selected value determines value of second DropDownList
I have a quick question that I'm sure has been addressed before, but I can't seem to find a solution. I have two drop down list fields: startTime and endTime coded as such: <asp:DropDownList id="startTime" runat="server"> <asp:ListItem Value="00:00">12:00 A.M.</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem Value="00:30">12:30 A.M.</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem Value="01:00">1:00 A.M.</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem Value="...

VB.NET
I have a DataGrid (see code at end of my question) with several dropdownlist controls within TemplateColumns for Editing.  For the first 2 ddls in my grid, ddlMedType and ddlMedicationName, I would like to populate ddlMedicationName based on the selecteditem of ddlMedType, but I don't know how to reference this. Thank you for saving me from confusion!!!! Here is my DataGrid code: NOTE: I've bolded the 2 controls that I need help with -- the rest you can really ignore!! ================== <asp:datagrid id="dgMeds" runat="server" OnEditCommand="dgMeds_EditRow" OnUpdateComm...

Form: Focus on selected values in dropdownlists, Refresh after selection and hidding formfields based on selection.
Hello again,I have a form with several dropdown lists. Depending on the selected value in the dropdown lists other fields become available in that same form. It is working in classic ASP in combination of JavaScript. I want to migrate it to ASP.NET. I have posted a part of the form at the end of this post.My questions:1. I use <option <%If iFood="0" then%>selected<%End If%> value="0">No value selected</OPTION> to select the selected item when the form is reloaded after the selecting. I know that this also works in ASP.NET, but isn't there a typical ASP....

dropdownlist's selected index value is not printing the selected value
Here iS my code .Aspx Page <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlkeyword" runat="server" Width="204px" DataTextField="Form" DataValueField="Form" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlkeyword_SelectedIndexChanged" >   </asp:DropDownList> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Submit" Width="110px" OnClick="Button1_Click" /> my aspx.cs protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { fillddlkeyword(); }protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e) { ...

DROPDOWNLIST DOES NOT SELECT THE SELECTED VALUE
Hi all, i am using C# , asp.net vs2005. ajax 1.0 i am populating data programitically . when i select first value, dropdown control select the same. when i select second value ,dropdownlist select second value too But i does not continue  from third value onward . when i select third value, dropdownlist control select second value then after behavior reman the same no matter what i select dropdownlist control select second value ONLY.<asp:DropDownList id="Ddlzse" runat="server" Width="165px" Font-Bold="False" Fo...

Populate values in 2nd dropdownlist corresponding to the selected value from the 1st.
Hi, I have two dropdownlist in my page. I have a need to populate the vaules in the 2nd dropdownlist corresponding to the selected values from the 1st dropdownlist without refreshing. Can you send me the AJAX code for it. Thanks in advance.   You could make use of UpdatePanels, or use a CascadingDropDown control.  Check these: http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/CascadingDropDown/CascadingDropDown.aspx http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/Walkthrough/CCDWithDB.aspxC# <---> VB.Net Translator I did not install...

how to get SELECTED VALUE of parent dropdownlist to target dropdownlist using cascading
Hi All, I am using C# , asp.net2.0 , Ajax1.0 i am filling dropdownlist using cascading ajax extender. i taken help of ajax site and build a code to fill the control. my question is how do i get parent selected item value. my web service code to fill target value public CascadingDropDownNameValue[] GetProd(string knownCategoryValues , string category) {StringDictionary kv = CascadingDropDown.ParseKnownCategoryValuesString(knownCategoryValues); //string subgrp ; //int sub1; //if (!kv.ContainsKey("Prod") || !Int32.TryParse(kv["Prod"], out sub1)) //// if (...

Dropdownlist useing selected value
Hi there,   I have drop down list I am grabbing value from the database and trying to assign it to the drop down list selected value. And I am filling the dropdownlist from the data base with the on form load.the problem if the value comes from the DB not found in the dropdownlist the page threw exception. I need just to ignore the exception and view the page How can I do that? dropdownlist.Selectedvalue =  value comes from DBThank you for your helpsms    Can you post your code?If everything happens for a reason what is the reason for this error? Chec...

Setting a label value to a dropdownlist selected value
I am trying to set the value of a label to the selected value from a hidden dropdown list. This code is not working and the label value remians at its default. Any ideas? Thanks very much. Protected Sub DetailsView1_DataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Dim mylabel As Label Dim myddl As DropDownList If (DetailsView1.CurrentMode = DetailsViewMode.ReadOnly) Then mylabel = DetailsView1.FindControl("Label1") myddl = DetailsView1.FindControl("DropDownListViewOffice") mylabel.Text = myddl.SelectedValue.ToString End If I have now put this code in the Page_Load su...

Handling DBNull Values in DropDownList Selected Value
I have a dropdown list inside a formview that is used to update a business opportunities table. Each opportunity may or may not have a salesperson assigned. On the update page I want to set the current value in the database as the selected value in the dropdown list. But if there is no salesperson assigned i need to handle the dbnull value and not try to set the selected value. Can someone give me some pointers? Should i handle this in the Formview_databinding event or in the Datasource for the opportunity Databinding event? How do i get at the cell of the datasource that i need to test for ...

DropDownList value selected base on database value?
Hi, is there anyway how I can allow my dropdownlist (on pageload event) to select the value base on the value found in the database, in addition I also want the dropdownlist to contain other values too however the selectedValue must be the one found in the database. Sorry if it sounds confusing. I'm using VB.NET 2003 with ASP.NET Thanks. Hi,Whatever you want to get selected for your dropdown use following code.if(dropdownid.items.findbyvalue("value") != null){    dropdownid.items.selecteditem = false;    dropdownid.items.findbyvalue("value").selected = t...

After selecting DropDownList Item, how to set DropDownList Item so that it corresponds to new selection.
Hi,  I'm having difficulty retaining DropDownList selected item so that it corresponds to the new page that is called when the item is selected. i.e DropDownList contains 4 Items Item1 Item2 Item3 Item4 Each item when selected is bound to a corresponding page. Item1.aspx Item2.aspx Item3.aspx Item4.aspx If the default page is Item1.aspx...if I select Item3 in the DropDownList, the page Navigates to the corresponding page - Item3.aspx.  I want the DropDownList to remain displaying Item3 and not the default Item.  Thank you. for master pag...

Web resources about - How Select one dropdownlist value using down arrows corresponding other dropdownlist value are select - asp.net.web-forms

Stephen Colbert Turns Jon Stewart Into Donald Trump On ‘Late Show’
Stephen Colbert began his show tonight talking about the footage Time magazine released today of Donald Trump being attacked by a bald eagle ...

How Will Smith earned a Golden Globe butt slap for 'Concussion'
Los Angeles Times How Will Smith earned a Golden Globe butt slap for 'Concussion' USA TODAY It's not Hollywood glamorous, but Will Smith insists ...

Kittens recreate 'Star Wars' with amazing Jedi meow tricks
The force is strong with these kittens, who are all available for adoption through the ASPC at www.aspca.org/adopt . Read more...

The Latest: Police chief praises jury that convicted cop
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The latest on the trial of a former police officer in Oklahoma City who has been accused by 13 women of rape or sexual assault ...

Google Wallet Now Lets You Send Money With a Text
Google Wallet in its newly revamped form is meant to be a way to send money to other people without difficulty or thought or regret. To make ...

‘Serial’ Season 2 Opens With Bowe Bergdahl Channeling Jason Bourne – Sort Of
The second season of Serial is off to an auspicious start. The only podcast to win a Peabody Award scored the first interview with former Army ...

Connecticut to ban gun sales to those on terrorism no-fly list
Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said on Thursday that he would sign an executive order to ban gun sales to those on federal terrorism no-fly ...

Latest Way to Smuggle Banned Items to North Koreans? Drones.
Drones now used to smuggle banned information into North Korea, defector's group says

Twitter's latest test: Showing you ads even if you're not logged in
The social network is trying to reach the 500 million people a month who visit the site without signing in. The hope? Make more money.

Facebook releases design for souped-up artificial intelligence server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence software, allowing other companies exploring ...