How do I get the value of a user control property?

I would like to create a user control with some properties and assign values to those propeties.

I would then like to access those values on the page that calls the user control.

Thank you for your help.

0
yzidell

You can use the instance name of  the user control to call its properties.

For example,a user control name is UserControl1 and it has the properties such as Text,Value,ListItem and so on,and you can call the properties as the following code.

string strText = UserControl1.Text or UserControl1.Text = "This is a testing Text."

string strValue = UserControl1.Value or UserControl1.Value = "This is a testing Value"

string listeItem = UserControls1.ListItem or UserControl1.ListItem = "This is a ListItem"

0
Jasson_King

Getting value of a property in Parent User control from a Child user control
I have a ChildUserControl that is loaded inside a ParentUserControl. The host page loads ParentUserControl.I would need to access properties in ParentUserControl from the ChildUserControl.Thanks for your time Here's some ideas: You can from the child access the parent and run findcontrol. child.parent.findcontroL("indyanguy1") child.parent.parent.findcontrol("indyanguy1") The trick is when you get your findcontrol working to cast the result to the object type your looking forHere I'm looking for a label so I cast to label then I can use the .Text property.Y...

Using property values of user control between two web forms.
Hi,I am stuck with a problem.I have a user control on more than one web form( say webform1 and webform2 ).The user control consists of several hyperlinks(say hyp1 and hyp2 ).When I enter values in webform1 and then click 'save' button , one of the property of user control (say ID ) is assigned some value. I want to use that value 'ID' in webform2 after the user clicks on hyp2. I dont think using Querystring will be useful because hyp1 is selected be default. It is not a compulsion for the user, that he has to click on hyp2..he can also click on other hyperlinks of the user control also...Ple...

Getting a web form's properties to a Custom User Control
Ok. This is hopefully a simple question that someone could help me out on. I've researched but only found out how to get a user control properties to a web form. Problem:  Anyway, I have created a custom user control (Help button with a menu extender) which will be used on several pages. The menu that extends from the button will not be static, so I will want to load the right data (from my xml file) depending on which page the help button is on. For example, my custom user control will be on pages news and the other on media. Now, when the user control loads on the news page, I need ...

Retreiving a value from a web form within a web user control
Hi  I have a page (web form) that retreives some data from a database. To be more specific: at some point when user clicks a button (in the web form) there is some ID number retreived from a database in code behind. At the same time the Visible property of the nestet web user control is chamged to true. I want than forward the ID to the web user control so that a grid view can load data from a database for that ID. How can I access that data (the ID) within a web user control context nested in that page?  Kind regards   Check this ;ink  http://www.codeproject.com/K...

User Control Property Persistence
I have a user control that's rendered in a data bound List View, for example:<asp:ListView ID="ListBuildings" DataSourceId="ListDataSource" runat="server"><ItemTemplate>    <custom:Rater ID="Rater" BuildingId='<%# Eval("BuildingId")%>' runat="server" /></ItemTemplate></asp:ListView> I set a custom property on my user control called BuildingId, but on post backs I'm not finding the BuildingId property set to what I set it to in the through the list view's databind...

Getting the Selected Item of dropdownlist inside Web User Control on a Web Form
Ive got a dropdownlist control inside a web user control called Entity.ascx. This web user control is on a webform.aspx. In Entity.ascx class I created a SelectedEntity property that returns the selected item in the dropdownlist. Inside webform.aspx when btnGo is pushed I set a string and pass it in the url. I am trying to get the entity they selected via the property (SelectedEntity) inside Entity.ascx. As the SelectedEntity property tries to return the selected item in the dropdownlist I get this error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance...

user control
testUserControl.ascx  <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="testUserControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="testUserControl.testUserControl" %> <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="User control label"></asp:Label> <br /> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" onclick="Button1_Click" />  testUserControl.ascx.csusing ...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Web User Control Default Property Value
I have a Web User Control (not a custom Server Control) on my page and I have a property set:         Public Property Enable_Export() As Boolean            Get                Return Export            End Get            Set(ByVal value As Boolean)            &nbs...

Pass Values from a user control to a web form
Hi All,  I am currently trying to add captcha to my webform. I have a question on how to pass a number/string from a .ascx to a .aspx page. The aspx is being used in the .ascx (user control) in an image tag. <asp:Image ID="imgCaptcha" runat="server" ImageUrl="Image.aspx"/> The aspx page is being rendered as a jpeg image. So Inorder for the captcha to be displayed with the image, I need to pass the code from the user control to the aspx page. I have an option to pass the number as a query string or use it in session. But is there any ot...

Passing values to property in user web control
I have the following user web control: public class ServiceRequestListControl : System.Web.UI.UserControl { protected Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid ServiceRequestGrid; private Program objProgram; private string m_TestString; private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { bindServiceRequestGrid(); } private void bindServiceRequestGrid() { objProgram = (Program)Session["objProgram"]; if (objProgram != null) { // Get the list of service requests from the current objPro...

How to get Textbox value in web user control?
Hi friends,I created a web user control with only one textbox.(textbox.ascx) and textbox id=" txtSimple"textbox user control having some property. another user control with button(button.ascx) next i use two textbox usercontrol and one button usercontrol in sample.aspx. when i click button at that time call the required field validate property in textbox user control.in property have following code.public bool RequireValidate    {        set        {     &nbs...

Web resources about - How do I get the value of a user control property? - asp.net.web-forms

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling . You can assist by editing it . In abstract, property ...

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In abstraction, property is that which belongs to or with something, whether as an attribute or as a component of said thing. For the significant ...

Thousands of dollars of property stolen from Port Augusta home during Christmas break-in - AdelaideNow ...
DEFENCE medals and unique jewellery are among thousands of dollars of property stolen during a break-in at a Port Augusta home over Christmas. ...

Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg faces trial over Silicon Valley property deal
... broke a promise to introduce him to Silicon Valley's elite. Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg is headed toward a trial after all as the property ...

Canberra's rental yields on the rise, despite sluggish property market
Canberra has experienced the lowest annual shift in rental prices in Australia over the past decade.

Mount Isa Police crackdown nets 20 people over property theft - The Courier-Mail Search Search
ABOUT 20 people have been charged, including 17 juveniles, after a series of break and enters and thefts in Mount Isa.

Bomb squad called to Qld property
TWO men have been charged after police found explosives at a property in Helidon.

Warning of 'unfair' process unheeded as government forges ahead with property resumptions
Private property is being forcibly resumed by the NSW government for major infrastructure projects such as WestConnex using a system it was warned ...

Property damage, power out in Waroona fire
At least one old property has been destroyed by intense fires that hit Waroona and Preston Beach. Vision courtesy of 9 News Perth.

Spiking property assessments may leave thousands without Home Owner Grant
A spike in property assessments in Metro Vancouver means thousands no longer qualify for the Home Owner Grant, unless the provincial government ...