how can i Fill the controls on web page by selecting value from dropdownlist control.

Hi,

 Currentlly i am working on a web application where i require to fill the web form with the selected item in a text box.

for example i have dropdown control named supplier_name, and i want to fill all the other controls values from database on the form when i select name from that supplier_name box,i.e , if i select name1, then related to that name, its code,address ,city should appear on related text boxes. I have done the same in windows application with c# , but the problem with web application(asp.net) is that, when i select Supplier _ it reloads the page and i loose the values in that combo box...i have heard of postback method but i donno how to use it to implement the same.

please any one send me answer..

0
Akshata

Hello friend,

 Yes, for sure you're experience this error because of the postback. You are populating the dropdown with data on the page_load event, correct? If so you just have to do it on the first time, because the ViewState will mantain the date between postbacks. To do this is quiet simple, just had this code over the code where you populate your main drop down:

if(!IsPostBack)
{
   //your code goes here
}
Hope it helps!!! Smile

0
stealth_pt

How can I control load sequence of web controls in a web page?
Hi, How can I control load sequence of web controls in a web page? Thanks. For the most part, the load sequence on a web page is not relevant since all controls must be present before the page can be used. Could you provide more information as to what you're trying to do?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient." Hi, As far as I know, we have no luck to control the load order of the Web controls on a page. However, if we need to load some controls under given conditions, we can achieve this by adding them dynamically instead.Forwa...

values of web controls in user control can not be access from other pages???
I have aspx page(brief code: includes ascx file) <%@ Register Src="reseller.ascx" TagName="reseller" TagPrefix="uc1" %> <form id="form1" runat="server"> <uc1:reseller ID="idreseller" runat="server" /> </form> the code for asxc file . i have the PostBackUrl to reseller.aspx <asp:TextBox ID="txtPostCode" runat="server" CssClass="form1" Width="50" MaxLength="4" /> <asp:ImageButton ID="ibtn"  ImageUrl="images/searchbutton.jpg" PostBackUrl="~/reseller.aspx" runat="server"  /> In my reseller page i try to read the post value of control txt...

Getting the Selected Item of dropdownlist inside Web User Control on a Web Form
Ive got a dropdownlist control inside a web user control called Entity.ascx. This web user control is on a webform.aspx. In Entity.ascx class I created a SelectedEntity property that returns the selected item in the dropdownlist. Inside webform.aspx when btnGo is pushed I set a string and pass it in the url. I am trying to get the entity they selected via the property (SelectedEntity) inside Entity.ascx. As the SelectedEntity property tries to return the selected item in the dropdownlist I get this error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance...

Web control in web control

Clearing Web Controls Values from a Web Form
I have a web form and after a user submit it I want to clear the form so that they may submit another entry. I have seen examples in VB of how to loop thru a web form and clear the controls, but I need a C# solution. I have tried the following code, while it does not give me an error, it does not clear the controls on the form. Any suggestions? Thanks! foreach (Control parent in Page.Controls)         {             foreach (Control child in parent.Controls)           ...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

Passing values from a parent web control to child web control
I have a parent control which called CONTROL1 and a child control witch called CONTROL2 I would link to pass a value from the parent control to the child control. In the parent control(CONTROL1) I have the following Event Handler . private void btn_Handler(object sender, EventArgs e) { …      if (Page.IsPostBack) {              // Send the officer names to the child controls.             if(m_nameList.SelectedItem.Text != "")     ...

Use Web Control In a Web Control
Is this possible?I am working with an aspx page that consists of many different web controls.One of the web controls contains search criteria.  One of the criteria is a date range where I am trying to add a popup calendar --> which is another web controlCan I register the popupcaledar control on the questionaire control?  I have tried, but nothing seems to be registered.Any ideas will GREATLY help.Relax and have some Home Brew!Prosecute the Owner - Don't PERSECUTE the Breed!Breed Specific Legislation targets the WRONG end of the LEASH! Without seeing your code we can'...

web controls and web user control

Web resources about - how can i Fill the controls on web page by selecting value from dropdownlist control. - asp.net.web-forms

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Air Astana - Join Now

Blog - Avisra

Online Booking Tool Support