how can I controls the position of the user control

I add the user control to the web form dynamicly!so it's hard to control the position,although i can do like this:

UserControl c = (UserControl)LoadControl("test.ascx");
  form1.Controls.Add(c);
  Panel p = (Panel)c.FindControl("panel1");
  p.Style["left"] = "140";

however it's too hard to control the position.

can anyone give me any better solution?

thanks verry much!!!

I love .net
0
jabbyzheng

You may define a container on your page and then dynamically add the usercontrol to the already positioned container. For example, in your code:

  UserControl c = (UserControl)LoadControl("test.ascx");
  Panel1.Controls.Add(c);

on your page, you have Panel1 defined inside a table:

The control will be added to the 2nd cell.

0
qingye
5/8/2005 10:54:51 PM

 thanks!

  i had done what you said, that's the question what i need to help

  Panel p = (Panel)c.FindControl("panel1");
  p.Style["left"] = "140";

I love .net
0
jabbyzheng
5/9/2005 1:20:15 AM

So you're asking how to control the position of controls inside your usercontrol? I assume the control's position also need to be changed dynamically depending on the aspx, otherwise, you should just position it properly in the usercontrol.

To do this dynamically, a better way is to expose some properties on usercontrol. In the user control, you could do whatever you like depending on the property value. On the page, you could declare the control like this:

<MyTag:MyUC id="uc1" PanelLeftPosition="140" runat="server" />

Or, if you load it programatically, you can put code:

MyUC c = (MyUC)LoadControl("test.ascx");
c.PanelLeftPosition=140;
Panel1.Controls.Add(c);

Does that help?

0
qingye
5/10/2005 12:57:57 AM
thanks for your reply,let me have a try
I love .net
0
jabbyzheng

Web User Control to Web User Control...

(How) Can i use the form elements of a user control from another user control???
Hi, i have a user control with 4 other user controls. Actually i have 4 panels and each user control is inside a panel. Its like a 4 page form which are all connected to each other. Is it possible to have access to web controls that i have in my user controls from the main user control. In my main user control i have a submit button and a tab list. User can browse through the tabs and each tab is bound to a panel. so clicking on tab1 makes panel1 visible which holds the first user control, second tab makes second panel visible and the rest invisible and the second panel holds the ...

How can find a control in the Web User Control
<uc1:Ctrl_Makes ID="Ctrl_Makes1" runat="server" /> The Web User Control has the TextBox which is following:<tr><td class="formtxt"> <asp:Label ID="lblAvailabilityOpt" runat="server">Asking Price</asp:Label></td> <td align="left" height="28" width="74%"> <asp:TextBox ID="txtPrice" runat="server" CssClass="field1"></asp:TextBox> </td></tr>   For example an Default.aspx page contain the following Web Us...

web controls and web user control

Adding User Controls from Sting can the User Control contain a CompileWith Control directive?
I want to store my User Controls in a DB. So I working with ParseControl and passing it a string. However when I pass as string of a control with codebehind I get this error. My Code: Dim strControl1 As String = "<%@ Control Language=""VB"" AutoEventWireup=""false"" CompileWith=""Control1.ascx.vb"" ClassName=""Control1_ascx"" %>" & vbCrLf & "<div>Control 1<br /><asp:PlaceHolder ID=""Control1PlaceHolder"" Runat=""server""...

UpdatePanel within a web user control resets data of controls outside the user control
Hello, I have a usercontrol on my page which displays a running marquee text. It makes use of an UpdatePanel (within the user control) to refresh the marquee text (within the updatepanel) at periodic intervals. For this I added a timer control and its tick event as an async postback trigger for the UpdatePanel. I have a lot of textboxes and dropdown list boxes (all with runat=server) on the page outside the above user control. These are also contained in different UpdatePanels. Problem is, when the user control does a postback to refresh the marquee text, it causes some of...

User Control Within UserControl
If I have a user control A and then inside it a user control B embedded/referenced within it.  User Control A has a panel defined (cpeNewUser) that I want to manipulate from the code behind of User Control B based on some event that happens.So putting this in my code behind of User Control B won't work as it has no idea of cpeNewUser:cpeNewUser.Collapsed = true;So is it because only at runtime they are married up and because of this you cannot access each other's objects at compile time?  How would I get this to work becuase I'm using all user controls inside a AJAX Too...

Persisting data in a web user control, which contains a list of other web user controls.
 Hi All, I have a control I've created, which can have a number of child controls - also user controls - stored as an ArrayList, which can be added wither a design time or programmatically.My problem is when I add to the list programmatically, it doesn't persist them. So if I add 3 child controls in step 1 of a wizard, with the aim that those three will be visible inside the parent in step 3, what happens is that the parent has no child controls and the item count is 0.Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.Code:Parent Control Markup: <%@ Control Language="C#" Auto...

Is there any web form control that can work as IFRAME html control?????

multiple user control into a web form (how do I keep the status of each control?)
A user control implements a quiz.The control has a property (id_question) to choose the different question the user control have to display. The user control have another property, its STATUS (status = 1 mean to show the question, status=2 means to show a message to the user that have answered the question). In the user control there is a button, clicking the button to answer the question cause the control post the form and call a DB and register the answer. During Postback, in page_load method of the user control I change the status from 1 to 2 (from show quest...

Web resources about - how can I controls the position of the user control - asp.net.web-forms

Home lost after out-of-control grassfire at Edgecombe in central Victoria
One home is lost after a fast-moving grassfire sweeps through Edgecombe in central Victoria..

Apple’s iOS 9.3 preview page hints at possible Control Center toggle to enable Night Shift
... If you head to the iOS 9.3 preview page on Apple Canada’s website , you can see that there’s an option to enable Night Shift from Control Center ...

#TBT: The Time Ad Age Went All-In for Gun Control
"Can there be any doubt anywhere that violence and contempt for law and order are doing their rotten best to tear American society apart? "Can ...

New Night Shift mode in iOS 9.3 could have its own Control Center toggle
In all likelihood, youll be able to toggle the new Night Shift mode in iOS 9.3 right from Control Center. It came from Canada At least thats ...

Simple free app alerts you when a program (or hacker) takes control of your webcam
... can take over your webcam without you knowing about it. That's right, malware, hackers or even government agencies like the NSA can take control ...

Cruz control: take a look at his puppet master
Cruz control by digby If you read nothing else today, read this Bloomberg article about Ted Cruz's top benefactor, the certifiably looney tunes ...

Run on Italy's Third Largest Bank? Capital Controls or Bail-Ins Next? Why Take Chances?
... "brilliant" comeback? Not a single fundamental problem with Italy, the ECB, the euro, or Europe in general has been fixed. Capital Controls ...

AlunaGeorge share "I'm In Control" ft. Popcaan
... last year to preview material off the followup to their 2013 debut Body Music, and now the first single is here. It's called "I'm In Control" ...

A guy made a remote control airplane using the fan from an old wall heater
... and old heater in his house when he realized that the blower motor inside of it could work a lot like a jet engine — so he made a remote control ...