How can I change a Label? Please Help. I can't find this anywhere.

Hello,

I have a label tag and a input tag in my page:

How can I change the label value "Nome:" to "Name:" in Page_Load?
I need to change the labels in a contact form according to the culture I am using.

Thank You,
Miguel

0
shapper

The Best Practice way to do this is to use a variable in your code and then use a Code Render Block (i.e. <%= name %>).

Steven Bey

Recursion: see Recursion
0
stevenbey
5/6/2005 4:58:38 PM

You'll could also use the Label as a server control so you can get access to it easily.

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<script runat="server">

{

Label1.InnerText = "Name";

}

</script>

<form id="form1">

<label id="Label1" runat="server">Nome:</label>

<input type="text" id="sbj" />

</form>

We Are Hiring
0
jdixon
5/6/2005 5:00:48 PM

 jdixon wrote:
You'll could also use the Label as a server control

I knew someone was going to suggest that but this page, in the Tutorials section of this site recommends against that (see section 5. Use server controls sparingly and appropriately).

Steven Bey

Recursion: see Recursion
0
stevenbey
5/6/2005 5:08:06 PM
That's what many of us would call "premature optimization".
Unless you are in a situation where performance is likely to become an
issue, code clarity and readability are far more important than saving
a millisecond of performance that nobody will notice.
0
cslatt

I have this in my page.aspx.vb:
    Protected WithEvents lname As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
    lname.Text = "name:"

In my page.aspx I have this:

I get this error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Why?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Miguel

0
shapper
5/6/2005 9:10:02 PM

The label is not set as a server control - so ASP.NET has no clue what it is, or where it is. YOu can add runat=server (as I did in the above example - or bind as was suggested).

As simple as possible I would do something like this:

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<script runat="server">

{

Label1.Text = "newTest";

}

</script>

<form id="form1" runat=server>

</form>

We Are Hiring
0
jdixon

PLEASE HELP.... I can't find this AnyWhere! ... Form Application
I've been looking FOREVER to find a form processor application that has these characteristics: 1) built in asp.net 2) paginates a large form (asp:panel) 3) enables a applicant to save their data to complete later 4) validates entries HERE IS AN EXAMPLE I RAN ACCROSS THAT DOES WHAT I NEED TO DO: http://www.bankcardservicesworldwide.com/application.aspx I'd like a solution that is already built that I can customize. Help!! Frustrated :(...

[help]Why web matrix can detect....but VS.net 2003 can't?

Can't find EDM wizard (can't add ADO.NET Entity Data Model)
I'm having trouble getting started with EDM.  I'm ultimately trying to experiment with ASP.NET Data Services.  I have never installed any ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions CTPs.  However, I have installed VS2008 SP1 Beta1 and .NET 3.5 SP1 Beta 1.  Based on the list of features in SP1 Beta 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8C36ACA4-E947-4760-9B05-93CAC04C6F87&displaylang=en ) I believe I should have both EDM support and Data Services support. When I try to add a new item to my VS2008 project, ADO.NET Entity Data Model is not in the list.&nb...

Can't Find NDPS Error code anywhere, Can't add printer drivers via iManager
NW 6 SP3 WIN XP SP1 client 4.83 sp1 (and what ever versions of the broker comes with sp3) I go into the broker, into RMS, select the Windows 2k/xp drivers. It does not matter if I choose to Add from File or Add from System, I recieve the same error: [in red] Exception saving resource print drivers configuration NDPS Library Error Category: 1060004h Other Error: FFFFFC62h I can't find that error anywhere on the support areas, nor, will it let me add any print drivers. Yes, I have chosen older .INF files just in case of the new INF problem as discussed in a TID. I&...

They Can't Crack What They Can't Find
They Can't Crack What They Can't Find noeld@rootprompt.org The Internet today is a jungle full of predators. Some of these predators are trying to crack your machine others are just looking for a machine to crack. By using the firewalling tools built into the Linux kernel it is possible to make a desktop machine virtually disappear from the crackers view. In this article I will describe how to hide a machine running Linux that uses PPP over a modem to connect to the Internet. I will use ipchains and the firewalling built into the Linux kernel to protect the services that are ...

Tomcat can't find novlwww and Httpd2 can't find wwwrun at boot time
Hello, After installing NSS services, when my OES Linux SP2 server finishes loading I see "Failed services in runlevel 3: novell-tomcat4 apache2" Looking in /var/log/boot.msg I see: <notice>start services (novell-tomcat4 novell-nss apache2) Starting tomcat4: chown: `novlwww:www': invalid user su: user novlwww does not exist Starting httpd2 (worker) httpd2-worker: bad user name wwwrun The command line was: /usr/sbin/httpd2-worker -f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf -DSSL failed This is the first OES Linux server on which NSS was installed, and there is no n...

Can't post, can't change skin.
Hi there, I installed .Text and get it up running without any problem, I could get to main page at http://localhost/DottextWeb/default.aspx as well as the admin page http://localhost/DottextWeb/admin/EditPosts.aspx Then, I tried to write a post and change the skin. The admin showed everything worked. But, the main page doesn't show any difference. It's just the same default blue skin with "A .Text Community" on the top, with "latest post" empty. I tried to debug the program, but so far I haven't seen where it loads the skins. Could someone help please. Tha...

I wanna download the Encode module but can't seem to find it. Can you help me find its location
--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C2BD66.76C71E70" ------_=_NextPart_001_01C2BD66.76C71E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" > Best regards > MatchWork World Wide A/S > > Allan Modin Christensen > Webgoanna Development Coordinator > > MatchWork World Wide A/S - http://matchwork.com > Sankt Nikolaj Vej 8-14, DK- 1953 Frederiksberg > Tel.: +45 36 95 95 95 > Dial direct: +45 36 95 95 31 > Mobile: +45 40 45 66 19 > Fax: +45 3...

Can't rename variables and can't find references
Hello. I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context menu and the key bindings does not work either. I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this? Best Reagards. Martin S. wrote: > Hello. > > I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for > renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context > menu and the key bindings does not work either. > > I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this? > Can you bui...

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

Web resources about - How can I change a Label? Please Help. I can't find this anywhere. - asp.net.web-forms