Help on Error message: "An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error "

Hi

I have compiled my project in VS.NET (ASP.NET web application in C#) without any build errors. This was in the process of establishing a local setup using the files from the deployed server. Now after copying all the relevant files and compiling them, when I try to browse from IIS (inetmgr) with an appropriate start page (Login.aspx), I get the following error message:
An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888).
Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888).
Source File: c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\highwirekrsproject\3d3bf059\9ab7a527\requcynb.0.cs Line: 0
Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888).]
System.Web.StringResourceManager.ReadSafeStringResource(Type t)
System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.ReadStringResource(Type t)
ASP.Login_aspx..ctor() in c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\highwirekrsproject\3d3bf059\9ab7a527\requcynb.0.cs:0
[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly) +0
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +66
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type) +7
System.Web.HttpRuntime.CreatePublicInstance(Type type)
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
[HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to create page of type 'ASP.Login_aspx'.]
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String path)
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Please advise.
I would greatly appreciate if you could reply asap as I have to sort this out by today.
Thank you very much in advance.
Kashinath N Shenoy
0
kashkns

I had a couple-year-old .Net 1.1 app that was running fine until today when I started getting this message.  It's running on a Windows 2000 server.  The fix for me was to remove:

<identity impersonate="true" />

from web.config.  The other fix mentioned around the forums is if you are using Windows 2000 SP4, please refer to KB article "Overview of the "Impersonate a Client After Authentication" and the "Create Global Objects" Security Settings" http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821546

HTH.

0
acmoll

An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023899).
I got this when attempting to an event in the calendar while running the site under IIS on Explorer. Anyone else get this, or know a fix?  Line 122: <Club:Locationpicker ID="LocationPicker1" runat="server" LocationID='<%# Bind("location")%>' /> Thanks Without more info I have to gues, but I would check Lockation_Picker and see what data source (line 62 "ConnectionString") it point to. I have to fix this all the time. I kill aspnet_wp.exe and everything works fine. I'm sick of doing it, so I'm searching the web for an answer. I've been looking for the ...

An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888).
This is driving me nuts...  Has anyone seen the following error before?An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888). Usually, the error message will specify a control in a master page as the source of the error.  To resolve the problem, I will delete the reference of the control from the master page, hit reload, add the reference to the control back into the master page, and then refresh once more.  I believe this is related to the temporary ASP.NET folder.Anyone have any ideas on how to make this problem go away for ...

Help me error "An operations error occurred" !
 Hi! I am trying write function to check User in Active Directory This my code : try { DirectoryEntry de = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://myDomain"); DirectorySearcher deSearch = new DirectorySearcher(); deSearch.SearchRoot = de; deSearch.Filter = "(&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=" + userName + "))"; deSearch.SearchScope = SearchScope.Subtree; SearchResult results = deSearch.FindOne(); //-->Error here if (results != null) ...

VS.NET 2005 is ignoring in web.config strict="true". I get no error when I try this: Dim x As Integer = "string"
Hello,I have this in my VS.NET 2005 web.config <compilation debug="true" strict="true" explicit="true">When I do this in my vb code:Dim x As Integer = "string"I get no error. When I hit compilation I also get no error. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for helping!Regards,J. Bauer It's a bug of some sort See this response by Scott Guthriehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=3c1c9898-8076-4f69-a5e2-e99573d03c6e Unfortunately we don’t have a GUI based way to configure this. L It is something we will make sure gets added back in, though, with the next...

Login Error message "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1
 Hi all, I was wondering if any body know anything about this problem I'm getting with the login program?Thanks in advance.  A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1 - I/O Error detected in read/write operation) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level...

Error during method "CreateMailMessage" from "MailDefinition" object
 Hi, I am having trouble to send E-mail when using maildefinition object. I need to read email body from external txt file, then do some replacements and send it. Only way (what i know - instead of writing my own code), how to get the text  to the body of MailMessage is using the MailDefinition method BodyFileName() When I set everythig up after atempt to send the email I get this error: "The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address." I am sure, that the adress i right(it' even valiated throug regularexpretion validator).  Does any b...

I am trying to run a login sample, so in "Web Site Administration Tool" i clicked "Use the security Setup Wizard to configure security step by step." and got this famous error: An error was encountere
After this i have the lengthy description of the rror The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: site at System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.InitForConfiguration(String& locationSubPath, String& configPath, String& locationConfigPath, IInternalConfigRoot configRoot, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor(String locationSubPath, Type typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigConfigur...

Mail pseudo-error
In a brand new XP system with Netscape 7.1, sending mail (not news) results in the "delivering mail" window, followed soon after by a window headed "Send Message Error" with text "Sending of Message Failed" followed by an indication that the SMTP server refused to handle it. BUT THE MESSAGE *IS* sent successfully! The "delivering message" window ends up saying "Mail sent successfully", with the progress bar still moving because the error message is still there. Closing the error message window closes the "delivering" w...

Getting Error "An unhandled error has occurred." when trying to access my dnn
Getting Error "An unhandled error has occurred." when trying to access my dnn.  I have been working one this site for a few days now and everything has been working fine.  I had the website on my \\localhost\wwms but then I changed my default websites home directory so the local path would poing to the same place as \\localhost\wwms did.  Now I get this message, and the browser bar says http://wwmslr/WWMS/Default.aspx?error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0 How do I fix this? Thanks Are both websites using the same port?Muhammad FahadPakis...

Use Loadcontrol and receive "Could not load type error" Error message
hi,I have a vb.net asp.net web app.suddenly after working for long time, I get this error message in my app:Could not load typewhen trying to show a web form.what can be the error?the iis app is still there.the DLL checked in reflector and have the type inside it declared as public.security to the file is OK (even in filemon I can see that aspnet_wp.exe isaccessing the file)what can be the problem? I just don't know what to do!additional information:the page is an aspx web for without code behind that is inheriting from aPageBase that is declared in my APP.the pageBase type is loaded fine, a...

.NET Error Message "Server Error in '/' Application."
I continue to get this error message randomly for several .NET applications and I'm trying to determine if this issue is "Permissions" or "Application Configuration" related.  What are the necessary NTFS security groups and rights that should be applied to the file directories?  Or what is the resolution to resolving this complex problem? HELP! moblack29   The first step is posting the full error message. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Unhadled Error: "An Error has Occurred"
Hi,After recompiling my DNN 3.2.0 (All clean). I FTPed the resulting set of DLLs up to my webserver overwriting the originals.I now get :Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0with the term :An error has occurredAn error has occurredTotal panic as this is a live site!!! Can anyone help???...

"Page Load Error" Error
Name: Luke Moore Email: clm047atshsudotedu Product: Firefox Summary: "Page Load Error" Error Comments: On your "Page Load Error" page, I believe there is a typo. " Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")" Luke Moore Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.13) Gecko/2009073021 Firefox/3.0.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wi...

Error "An operations error occurred"
Dear All, Appreciate if anyone of you can guilde me on this. We encounted the problem “An operations error occurred” when we are submitting the “CreateDistributionList” procedure in “Hosted Exchange” namespace. This procedure used to be working before, but now it is having problem. Perhaps, something that has triggered the problem. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chun Chai Can you provide more information? I do not know off hand what might cause that but if you post some more info, and I would suggest tracing the request using traceview in the MPS resource...

Web resources about - Help on Error message: "An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error " - asp.net.web-forms

Hooking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer programming , the term hooking covers a range of techniques used to alter or augment the behavior of an operating system , of applications ...

APIHijack - A Library for easy DLL function hooking. - CodeProject
This library allows you to replace functions in other DLLs with functions from your own DLL.; Author: Wade Brainerd; Updated: 16 Sep 2000; Section: ...

DisableThreadLibraryCalls function (Windows)
... DLL module for which the DLL_THREAD_ATTACH and DLL_THREAD_DETACH notifications are to be disabled. The LoadLibrary , LoadLibraryEx , or GetModuleHandle ...

NProtect Anti-Virus Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
NProtect Anti-Virus Privilege Escalation Vulnerability

MinGW-w64 - for 32 and 64 bit Windows / Code / [r6638] /trunk/mingw-w64-libraries/winstorecompat/src
Error: CSS did not load. This may happen on the first request due to CSS mimetype issues. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing. SourceForge ...

GetProcAddress function (Windows)
A handle to the DLL module that contains the function or variable. The LoadLibrary , LoadLibraryEx , LoadPackagedLibrary , or GetModuleHandle ...

GetModuleHandle function (Windows)
The name of the loaded module (either a .dll or .exe file). If the file name extension is omitted, the default library extension .dll is appended. ...

FreeLibraryAndExitThread function (Windows)
United States (English) Sign in Home Library Learn Samples Downloads Support Community Forums MSDN Library Windows Desktop App Development Develop ...

GetModuleHandleEx function (Windows)
The reference count for the module is not incremented. This option is equivalent to the behavior of GetModuleHandle . Do not pass the retrieved ...