help needed with Web forms

I am new to Web Application so please bear with me.

I have a application where i have 2 3 web forms. I want to have a Page which will have link to these webforms and when user clicks on this the webform will open in the same page.

It will be similar to frames where 1 frame have menu or links to these webforms and 2nd frame will open these webform when link is clicked.

Could some one provide the easy code for this.

 Thanks.

0
m77

This can be done by Master page, please take a look here

Farooq Kaiser, MCTS, MCP
Please Mark As Answer if my answer helped you.
http://www.Fairnet.com
0
farooq
7/20/2007 7:03:21 PM

I have different controls (gridview, detail view etc) in my content page. how can i place this controls in contentholder.

i am geeting compilation error if i place these control in contentholder.

m77
7/20/2007 7:18:33 PM

You have to create a ASPX pages for each content holder and then place your controls inside the aspx page.

Take a look here

http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/419.aspx

Farooq Kaiser, MCTS, MCP
Please Mark As Answer if my answer helped you.
http://www.Fairnet.com
0
farooq
7/20/2007 7:41:49 PM

Now i am getting the error -

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

I am not using a webfarm. Also set the property EnableViewStateMac="false" for every page still i am geeting error.

Any pointers.

m77
7/20/2007 8:46:36 PM

I guess the above error is a security related issue,

A way to overcome the problem is to set in web.config

<pages enableEventValidation="false" viewStateEncryptionMode ="Never" />

Here are few references for this error

http://aspadvice.com/blogs/joteke/archive/2006/02/02/15011.aspx

http://forums.asp.net/p/955145/1173230.aspx#1173230

Farooq Kaiser, MCTS, MCP
Please Mark As Answer if my answer helped you.
http://www.Fairnet.com
0
farooq

Web forms and mobile web forms

Need HELP with adding a System.Windows.Forms control to web form!
Howdy folks. I'm in need of some help. I wanted to add a nifty little Control I made for a Windows Form to an ASP.NET page. Now I went and saw Microsoft's quickstart tutorial, and followed the example... You know, compile it to .dll... blah, blah, blah, then use the <OBJECT> tag to insert it into the page. Well, I did all that... the control downloads... but I can't see a thing! :'( For example, here's some code ~ using System; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Drawing; using System.Reflection; [assembly:AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.0")] ...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Include web form inside web form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Web resources about - help needed with Web forms - asp.net.web-forms

U.S. sailors held captive by Iran were held at gunpoint: U.S. military
By Sarah N. Lynch WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The 10 U.S. sailors who were briefly detained by the Iranian military last week were held at gunpoint ...

Steven Avery hasn't been allowed to watch 'Making a Murderer' in prison
Although "Making a Murderer" has created a national debate over his guilt or innocence, Steven Avery hasn't even watched the Netflix series. ...

Here are all the trailers and teasers Netflix just released for upcoming shows
Rejoice, fellow binge watchers! Netflix this weekend not only announced premiere dates for several of its most popular shows but it also dropped ...

Welcome to the Donald Trump MLK Day Speech Disaster Liveblog
Today at 10:30 a.m., in the year of Lord 2016, Donald John Trump, Sr. will take to the stage at weaponized Christianity training institute Liberty ...

London street artist creates beautiful homage to David Bowie
LONDON — A British street artist has paid tribute to Bowie with a painting of the legendary singer in one of his most famous outfits. See also: ...

Confederate flag removal turns King Day into celebration
NOLA.com Confederate flag removal turns King Day into celebration NOLA.com Visitors to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in Washington ...

Facebook Gets Rid Of Silly Subscription Fee For WhatsApp
Most popular messaging services are free to use. Even Facebook-owned WhatsApp is free for the first year you use it, with the hope that you’ll ...

Why the Carolina Panthers can beat the Arizona Cardinals in NFC title game
Three reasons why the Carolina Panthers can beat the Arizona Cardinals in next Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

Monday Morning News Feed: Tennis Match-Fixing, Iraq, Carriage Horses, SpaceX, Making a Murderer
“ Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” — Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. STARMAN : David Bowie honored with ...

Microsoft brings top Windows Phone feature to iOS and Android
Microsoft has been trying to be a competitor in the smartphone business for years, but they haven't really succeeded in taking much market share ...