Help needed in designing web forms

Hello ,

I am a starter in ASP.NET , I am trying to build a web page that is similiar to the config screen of a router .

What I am doing is basically build a web page that connects to a server and retrieves data to and from it .

My problem is in the design of the web form . I want to create vertical tabs and when I press them the screen changes .

My problem is that the controls I add go one under another and not one next to another . The tabs I have created using Menu and Views .  I tried placing Panels and still had no luck . Basically I don't know how to build it well .

I am using VS 2008 with ASP.NET 3.5 , I could really use the help .

Thanks to all that try to help .

0
AlexProber

Off the top of my head I am not sure if the ASP.NET AJAX Tab control can do vertical or not, but you may want to look into that. There are other controls that you might be able to leverage out of the toolkit too. I would also check out the third party controls on the ASP.NET site, there are a lot of good ones there.

I think the cheap and easy way is to just create a vertical table of link or imagebuttons that can be styled as tabs and place them on the left-hand side (or right depending on your layout) of a MultiView control. As each one is posted back you change the active view, to display your selected content. I don't think the MultiView works with AJAX, so be aware of that. You may have to do panels in that case.

Chris Love
ASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications
0
docluv
3/15/2008 2:13:25 PM

I did that , used Menu + Multiview to create tabs .

But as I first said , my problem is the fact that the Menus and multiview can't be put one next to another .

I put menu and when I put multiview , he goes one line below it .

It also happens to other controls , I can't place them whereever I want , they are like clipped to a grid or something . I can't throw objects on the page freely . Why is that ? And how do I get threw it ?

0
AlexProber
3/15/2008 2:34:11 PM
What I basically asking is how to design ASP.NET page so controls will be one next to another ?
0
AlexProber

Web forms and mobile web forms

Need HELP with adding a System.Windows.Forms control to web form!
Howdy folks. I'm in need of some help. I wanted to add a nifty little Control I made for a Windows Form to an ASP.NET page. Now I went and saw Microsoft's quickstart tutorial, and followed the example... You know, compile it to .dll... blah, blah, blah, then use the <OBJECT> tag to insert it into the page. Well, I did all that... the control downloads... but I can't see a thing! :'( For example, here's some code ~ using System; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Drawing; using System.Reflection; [assembly:AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.0")] ...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Include web form inside web form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Web resources about - Help needed in designing web forms - asp.net.web-forms

Designing Women - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the television series. For the 1934 film, see Designing Women (film) . For the 1957 film, see Designing Woman . Designing ...

Designing for Accessibility: Q&A with Jeff Wieland - Facebook
Facebook Design hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Designing for Accessibility: Q&A with Jeff Wieland geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text ...

Designing the new Twitter profiles - Twitter Blogs
A peek into the process of redesigning profiles from the ground up.

Designing Around Little Minds
In designing user interfaces, we aim to empower the &ldquo;user&rdquo; to understand and control the system at hand. Output via screens and speakers, ...

Designing Obama for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Designing Obama on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Flickr: Designing Web Interfaces' Photostream
Figures and Screencasts for the O'Reilly Book: Designing Web Interfaces: Principles & Patterns for Rich Interaction. Designing Web Interfaces ...

YouTube - Designing Aquaponics for the Home by Daylight + Back to the Roots
Veröffentlicht am 06.02.2013 Back to the Roots is on a mission to inspire more people to grow their own food. Founded by two Berkeley graduates, ...

Designing The Perfect American
Brisbane Festival-goers may not know the name Dan Potra, but they will more than likely encounter his work.

Google's Android plans include manufacturing own chips and designing new Pixel phone
Google’s interest in mobile chipmaking can open new business opportunities, including a new Pixel phone line.

Designing a world that sells powerful dreams
The creator of Mad Men once preferred poetry to TV, writes Warwick McFadyen. - Sydney Morning Herald Online