Help! IIS no longer installing new applications

Get the message

"The specified path "Http://server/test" is unavailable.
The IIS might not be running, or the path exists and is redirected
to another machine. please check the status of this virtual directory
in the Internet Services Manager."
I've checked, IIS is still running, indeed I restarted it, and the
virtual directory does not exist. Short of reinstalling IIS,
does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Dave
0
LONDONASP

Ignore this, the problem was that the system was corrupted.

0
LONDONASP

install new web application with new web.config settings
Hello I like to know how other people are dealing with settings that are stored in the web.config and different versions of your application. - Are you making a smart setup.exe that will update the web.config?- store settings somewhere else that's easier to update (where??)- other options.. Thanks for sharing! Marco...

Do I need to install IIS to run .NET web applications?
Do I need to install IIS to run .NET web applications?sujith Hi Sujith,I've used one alternative to IIS for .net before. It is called Abyss Web Server and it's good, at least for my requirements then.You can check it out here at http://www.aprelium.com. This runs on Windows. You can also run .net using Mono. I've not used this before. You can try it out. The site is http://www.mono-project.com. If you're not in a rush, wait for Mono 2.0. This can be run on multiple platforms. Wilsonwww.SideBySide.ws   more over .net2 have internal developement serve...

Help
Hi, 1) I have created a web deployment package (called LDD_WebSetup.msi and related exe file). I deployed the web application to the server (SPC7Server) and it worked fine. This was four weeks ago. 2) I made changes to some Crystal Reports and recompiled the web application on my development computer. Everything works fine. So I rebuilt the deployment package. 3) I copy the web deployment package created in 2) above to SPC7Server . I unstalled the web application that was installed in 1) above four weeks ago (thru Add/Remove Programs). Then I in...

Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ?
I have a series of existing sites, but I need to make a PPC version of them (there already is one, but it uses standard web forms). Since the code-behind looks a lot in the PC and in the PPC version, I'd like both versions to use the same files for the code. I'm left with 2 options : - either create a new mobile web application for each existing web application, and put all the code behind in .dlls which I'll call from each page ; - or, if this is possible (and I'd rather do it), simply add mobile web forms to the existing web applications and redirect at login to the appropriate ve...

please help me any one i install visual studio 2003 .net.i install iis
please help me about when i open asp.net application project or run then this message is display:-Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Source Error: Line 16:   {Line 17:   ...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

installing .net web application
Hi,     I have developed a web application and want to deploy it using vs.net setup project. I have included the .net framework also so that it gets installed on a server where its not already installed. I would like to know if I can automate the installation of IIS also on the server (if not already done) while I deploy my web app. Please guide me on this. Any comments in this regard is most welcome. No, if deploying to a web server, IIS should be installed already.  IIS comes with the operating system server software. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord an...

Call one web application forms with in another web application ..
I am having forms named A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 in my web application1. And i am having B1,B2,B3,B4 and B5 in my web application2.I am using Windows authentication for my web application1. And i am using Form Authentication for my web application2.I am planning to host these 2 applications in 2 different servers.Here i am planning to have web application1 as a stand alone application.And Web application2 should interact with web application1.I want to call my web application1 forms in my web application2.But both authentication types are different.........???How to do it....??Any ideas ??Kamran Shahi...

HELP
I am having troubles understanding what I need to do to integrate Visual Basic .NET 2003 with IIS 6.0, where VS.NET is installed on my Windows 2000 machine, but the IIS is running on a separate Windows 2003 Server.We purchase Visual Basic .NET Standard.   I assume that is all that is required for creating ASP.NET pages, Web services and Web applications?We ran the setup on the Windows 2000 machine.   The prerequisites were installed, followed by VB.NET.   We installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and then the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.On the Windows 2...

error message: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create the application <application>. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local Web server."
after enabling ssl using iis certificate services, creating and installing server and client certificates; i encountered this message when i try to reopen the project in vs 2003. how to work with ssl web apps in vs.net. please reply asap......

Can I open a Web Project application after I install Web Applications Projects?
I have installed the Web Application Projects addin to my VS 2005.  I have used it to convert a web application that was written in VS 2003 to VS 2005. Now I want to open a Web Project application written by another developer on our team.  The Web Project is save in SourceSafe.  When I try to open the Web Project from SourceSafe I get an error "There are no solition or project files in the this location.  Please select a different location".  Am I geting this error because I have the Web Applications Projects installed?  Do I have to uninstall it to work o...

Web resources about - Help! IIS no longer installing new applications - asp.net.web-forms

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...