Help for Visual web dev isolate system.web.mail to system.net.mail

Hi all,

 I'm new user to visual web developer express software. Laterly i found this application isolate quite some of the component namespace, like system.web.mail to net.mail.

I not well understand how system.net.mail functional?? Does it act same as system.web.mail??

My coding below: change system.web.mail to system.net.mail which causing a lot error...

*****Can anybody correct me or advise me how to make this code work in system.net.mail??????

<%@import Namespace="System.net.Mail" %>

<script runat="server">
    Public FromAddress As String = ""

    Function SendEmail() As Boolean
        Try

            Dim oMessage As MailMessage = New MailMessage

            oMessage.From = FromAddress (**error: value of string cannot convert to system.net.mail.mailmessage
            oMessage.To = ToAddress (**error: To is ReadOnly)
            oMessage.Subject = MessageSubject
            oMessage.Body = MessageBody
            oMessage.bodyformat = MailMessage.IsBodyHTML (**Error: Bodyformat not member of system.net.mail)

            'send email require local mail server available
            SmtpClient.SmtpServer = "localhost" (** error: smtpserver is not membr of system.net.mail)

            SmtpClient.Send(oMessage)

            'smtpmail.send(oMessage) --(**error: smtpmail is obsolate. System.net.mail recommend smptclient)
            Return (True)

Cheers:)

0
carinaloh

Most of your answers can be found at www.systemwebmail.com.

Jeff

jeff

System.web.mail to System.net.mail
I converted a asp.net web app from VS 2003 to VS 2005. i now get error message when i build it  stating system.web.mail  is obsolute,  use system.net.mail i redefine to system.net.mail but now i get other error message such as smtpMail does not exist in the current context. cannot implicitly convert type string to System.Net.Mail.MailAddress   so System.Web.Mail want work in ASP.net web app convert to VS 2005 running on framework 2.0?           because if i change to System.Net.Mail  i am ...

Migrating from System.web.mail to System.net.mail
Hi Every1,I've recently used the System.web.mail to send mail, using the IIS's smtp server.Doing this, i didn't really need to do anything in the web.config file or give any special parameters to the client. It just assumed i was working with my very own smtp service that came with the IIS and everything worked fine.Now i migrated to System.net.mail and now i need to insert my smtp service's host location under <system.net> in the web.config file.However, i don't know what to write there so the client will use my smtp sevice (host="localhost" doesn't work)can any1 help me on this one?t...

switching from system.web.mail to system.net.mail
I have been converting my code from system.web.mail to system.net.mail.  I have been able to convert the to, from, cc, and message body to the new format easily but...my question is how do i convert this into system.net.mail format?SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "server";                SmtpMail.Send(mail);Would this be the solution?SmtpClient client = new SmtpClient("server");                client.Send(mail); Here's a full example of how to per...

Changing System.Web.Mail to System.Net.Mail
I am trying to learn ASPI have been using the Visual Web Developer 2005I have the following line that I can not work out how to convert.<%Dim FromForm As String = "Mail@Myname.co.uk"Dim ToMe As String = "Me@myname.co.uk"Dim FormSubject As String = "Contact Infomation"Dim EmailText As String = "Blar Blar Blar"System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(FromForm,ToMe,FormSubject,EmailText)%>It tells me that I cannot use System.Web.Mail any more and should use System.Net.Mail. I have been unable to work out what the new code should be to get it to work.The Language is VBCan anyone tell me how to change...

Working with System.Web.Mail but not with System.Net.Mail
Hi, i am having trouble sending e-mails using System.Net.Mail namespace while there is no problem with System.Web.Mail. I am  using remote smtp server with no authentication.  My code as shown below:1 try2 {3 MailMessage message = new MailMessage();4 message.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html;5 message.To = "admin@mydomain.com";6 message.From = "test@mydomain.com";7 message.Subject = "Test Smtp";8 message.Body = "TestMail 123";9 10 SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.mysmt...

System.Web.Mail vs System.Net.Mail
Hi AllI was using System.Web.Mail in an application on our test server.  That worked fine.  I never had to specify a server or change any settings.  It just works.  Whatever settings the server has set up are used.  This is great.I saw that System.Web.Mail has been deprecated, so I'm trying to use System.Net.Mail.  I'm having a problem.  Net.Mail doesn't use whatever settings Web.Mail used.  I can't send e-mail with Net.Mail.  I see several people use the web.config file to set the server up, but I can't get that to work. I jus...

difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail
What is difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail  namespace?What is use of both ? System.Web.Mail was in .NET Framework v1.1System.Net.Mail is in .NET Framework v2.0 and greaterSame use, although there is more functionality in System.Net.Mail since it is a later version of the framework. Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!  What All-Star said. I assume the reason it was moved to a different namespace is because the internet is actually a suite of technologies: e-mail, ftp, http (web), etc. E-mail and...

Converting from System.Web.Mail to System.Net.Mail
Hi there, I'm from Argentina. I've converted System.Web.Mail (code is underlined) to System.Net.Mail (code is Bold) . I'd like to know if it's correct. Thanks !!public uint enviar()        {            try            {                // Abrir el archivo que contiene el template del HTML.                // Envia el mail con el HTML.&nbs...

What additional advantage we get through System.net.mail over the old system.web.mail?
What additional advantage we get through System.net.mail over the old system.web.mail?Is it needed to configure the smtp server? Plz tell me the steps to develop the email sending facility in our applicationSwati Jain Take a look at www.systemnetmail.com.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Problem with difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail in using attachments
I have a web .Net app which sends emails with attachments.  After the email is sent I clean up aftermyself and delete the attachments from disk.   In upgrading to .Net 2  I changed the email logic from using system.web.mail to system.net.mail  (of course vs is telling me system.web.mail is obsolete).In .Net 1.1,  the files deleted with no problem but in .Net 2 when I attempt to delete  I receive The process cannot access the file ...' because it is being used by another process. If I change the code back to using system.web.mail I can delete the file...

System.Web.Mail.MailMessage.UrlContentBase in System.Net...
Is there an equivalent of UrlContentBase and UrlContentLocation in System.Net.*??The views, opinions, and judgments expressed in this message are solely those of the author. The message contents have not been reviewed or approved by Convergence Communications Consultants....

System.web.mail gmail error: System.Web.HttpException: The transport failed to connect to the server
Hello there, Im using VWD2008 and sql server express for the development of my school project..I have an application which could send newsletter to subscribed user, but i get this error upon sending the mail: A general exception occurred! System.Web.HttpException: The transport failed to connect to the server. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040213): The transport failed to connect to the server. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Runtim...

web web web

Sending mail through System.Web.Mail
Hi guys, long time no talk :) Ok, here's a question. I'm making a newsletter that will be sent to people on a mailing list. The System.Web.Mail object is helpful for this but I need to know one thing. I want to send the newsletter in a way that, when the recipient receives it, the "From" reads "Bensaude Turísmo" and not "geral@bensaude.pt". In other words, I want to be able to imitate the "Name <Email>" way of sending email, but I haven't found out how to do that with System.Web.Mail. Up until now, I keep getting a parse error ...

Web resources about - Help for Visual web dev isolate system.web.mail to system.net.mail - asp.net.web-forms

Language isolate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A language isolate , in the absolute sense, is a natural language with no demonstrable genealogical (or "genetic") relationship with other languages, ...

Russia Wide Web? Vladimir Putin backs plan to isolate Russian internet
President Vladimir Putin appeared on Wednesday to throw his support behind a plan to isolate the Russian internet from the rest of the World ...

Qubes OS 1.0 isolates programs inside virtual machines for increased security - desktop virtualization ...
The first stable version of Qubes OS, an open source desktop operating system designed to provide a greater level of security by isolating programs ...

Canadian hospital isolates patient with possible Ebola symptoms
The international response to the Ebola outbreak that's killed almost 1,000 Africans has been slow and inadequate, and the World Health Organization ...

Scientists isolate genes that delay Alzheimer's disease
An ANU scientist has led a study that could unlock potential new treatments to delay the onset of the disease.

Outback rain isolates communities, brings relief to farmers
Rare waterfalls are running down Uluru and several roads are closed, isolating communities, as heavy rain hits the Northern Territory and South ...

Russian FM says impossible to isolate Moscow
Daily News Egypt Russian FM says impossible to isolate Moscow People's Daily Online 1 People's Daily Journalists address provocative New York ...

US seeks to isolate China in Asia, but not too much
US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter sought in Singapore this weekend to mobilize a regional consensus against a Chinese land grab.

Now is the time to isolate Israel
The Palestinians and their supporters should capitalise on what will likely be Israel's growing international isolation.

Colorado flooding isolates Rocky Mountain towns
Three dead, thousands evacuated after heavy rains drench eastern Rockies down to Boulder, Denver and Colorado Springs