getting textbox value from one page to other page....

Hello Frinds I have a question..

 I am entering one userid in the textbox I am getting info from dtabase I am displying.. this userid I am using in other aspx page so i need to use this textbox userid in that page can you tell me any one how i need to get that value from one page to other page..

ASAP

thanks..

0
srachuri

I believe you can take advantage of QueryString when Passing data from one page to another.

When you redirect to the other page, you can passthe USERID as string to the Url and get that information from there

0
KObojunkie
7/14/2008 2:16:20 PM

Thanks for your replay

Can you give me sample code sir..

please

0
srachuri
7/14/2008 2:23:14 PM

 If you set the postbackurl of your submit button to that other page, you can get the value from the textbox with the help of previouspage, for example:

if (IsCrossPagePostBack)
{
   String userid = ((TextBox)PreviousPage.FindControl("UserIDTextBox")).Text;
}

if (this.IsHelpful) this.MarkAsAnswer();
0
Trax72
7/14/2008 2:29:27 PM

to go to the other page in the buttong click of firstpage i used response.redirt(".aspx page?Parameter="txtbox.text");

I am using this one there in the seond page

string values = requst.querystring["Parameter"].Tostring();

the values consisnts of txtbox.text value is that right what I am doing here..

Let me know thanks

The above one I tried butin the userid firlds I am getting null  value..

Thanks.

0
srachuri
7/14/2008 2:36:09 PM

 That looks ok, the other page should be able to get the parameter from the querystring.

As for the crosspagepostback method, it can be very dependent on the way the first page is constructed. But if it's a regular textbox that's not within another container, it's a matter of findcontrol with the id name as i used above.

if (this.IsHelpful) this.MarkAsAnswer();
0
Trax72

Multiple Page Web-forms, without passing earlier pages values to the next one?
I am using RH9, postgreSQL and perl5. Is it possible to get users to submit multiple page web-forms but not to pass values from one form to the next? I would like to store each page to the database server as it is submitted. Also, to build in the process to resume the web-form submission at a later time e.g say there are twent pages to submit and the user stops feeding the forms at the tenth form. I would like to email the user a reminder so he can log back in and start from the eleventh form. Can anyone tell me if this sort of thing is implemented anywhere, so I can study it. Or, can anyone p...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

Getting a list of all pages and all web parts on one page
Hi, is it possible to get a list of all pages in the portal in, for example, a treeview, with the WebParts info dynamic loaded from Personalization? Something like: Page1    WebPart1        WebPartProperty1        WebPartProperty2    WebPart2        WebPartProperty1Page2    WebPart1.... The pages (info) is actually stored in a DB and retrieved dynamic on loading (pretty much as I tried to explain on my blog). I'm using a MasterP...

how to access a textbox value from one page in another page.......
Hello All,i have a textbox with a value = "A12C" in  a page called reivew.aspx.how would i be able to access this textbox value in another page called confirm.aspx.can someone please let me know Thanks a lot  You can do it a few different ways. If the review.aspx send the user directly to confirm.aspx once the user clicks a button, you can set the post back url of the button to "confirm.aspx". Or...once again if confirm.aspx comes after review.aspx, you can use "PreviousPage" to access the value. Or...you can store the value of the te...

Web page opens second web page, how does first page know when the second one closes?
I have an app written in ASP.NET where one of the web pages opens up a web page in a second window.  When this second web page closes, the first web page needs to update its data.  How do you do this? You can have the child window call a parent method when the user clicks a link to close it. Otherwise, you'd have to set up polling to check for the existence of the child, and refresh if it doesn't exist. Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you."If we learn from our mistakes, I should be brilliant by now." Thanks, this gives me part of the answer...

Do not get expected WEb page on secondary
netware 6.5 sp2 Have setup a web page on a seconary IP address Load appache with the following command line LOAD ADDRESS SPACE = CSMI APACHE2 -f SYS:APACHE2\CSMI\SERVER\HTTPD.CONF Where HTTPD.CONF is set up to Listen 172.16.212.2:80 which is a secondary ip address A display secondary ipaddress at the server lists the seconary ipaddress I can ping the secondary ip address from the client in Remote manager using IP Address management the secondary IP addresses are not listed When I attempt to brose to the HTTP://172.16.212.2 address I do not see the web page I...

get data from Gridview in one page to textboxes in another page.
 Hi here iam having Gridview in one page .it is binded to some data.I used querystring to transfer data from Gridview to Textboxes in next page.now my question is i want to edit the textboxes and make changes reflect in database.i edited the textboxes by just deleting the value in Textbox and entering new value.but The changes i made to textboxes are not reflected at runtime.When i debug the codeThe values in TextBox are previous values. The changed values are not reflected.because of that iam not able to update the database.Is there property for textbox to take place the changes i made...

problem with get value from textbox after get it value in load page
hi every one  i have problem with my web site when i get textbox value in load page   and Changed textbox the page do not take last value .   it take value in load page   this is code:Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)   TextBox1.Text = "aa" End SubProtected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) MsgBox(TextBox1.Text) End Sub   when i press button message write "aa" while i changed the textbox   please if enyone knowen help me &nbs...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

Opening an existing Form (page) and getting its value to update the existing page.
Hello there, I have made some forms (called the Setup forms), and now I have a requirement to call this forms on the Transaction page too, for instance on the transaction page I have a Dropdownlist which includes all the country name, now for instance if the country is not in the Dropdownlist, there will be a Button (Add new country) just beside the Dropdownlist, and upon clicking that button an existing form (setup countries) should appear in a Modal Dialogue and after the fields are entered and submitted the Modal Popup should disappear, Updating the Countries Dropdownlist only. I though...

About passing grid cell value from one page to another web page
 Question: How do I extract the grid cell value and pass it to another page ? in general what is the best way to pass a variable from one page to another ?  Kind Regads,   You could use something likeint grandtotal = 0;int cellVal;foreach (GridViewRow row in GridView1.Rows){String cellText = row.Cells[0].Text;            if (Int32.TryParse(cellText, out cellVal) == true){grandtotal += cellVal;}}expendLabel.Text = grandtotal.ToString(); to extract a grid cells data. The best possible method to send data from one page to...

Web resources about - getting textbox value from one page to other page.... - asp.net.web-forms

Oakland: MLK Day protesters block westbound traffic on Bay Bridge
Washington Post Oakland: MLK Day protesters block westbound traffic on Bay Bridge San Jose Mercury News OAKLAND In a coordinated protest similar ...

Academy head 'heartbroken' over lack of diversity at Oscars
Following an outcry over the all-white roster of actors nominated for this year's Oscars, the president of the film academy said she was heartbroken ...

Americans reunited with families after Iran ordeal
Americans freed by Iran over the weekend reunited with their families at a US military base in Germany, but relatives of another hostage expressed ...

Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey dies at 67: chief architect of band's vocal and ...
Los Angeles Times Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey dies at 67: chief architect of band's vocal and ... Los Angeles Times Glenn Frey grew up in ...

WhatsApp Does Away With $0.99 Per Year Fee, Is Now Free to Use
That nominal $0.99 per year fee for WhatsApp is coming to an end, with a blog post from WhatsApp today announcing that over the next month, they ...

China’s Economic Growth Slowest in 25 Years
(BEIJING) — China’s economic growth edged down to 6.8% in the final quarter of 2015 as trade and consumer spending weakened, dragging full-year ...

China confirms missing Hong Kong publisher in mainland
HONG KONG (AP) — Hong Kong authorities say Chinese officials have confirmed the whereabouts of the chief editor of a publisher specializing in ...

Netflix renews 'Jessica Jones,' reveals premiere dates
WGNO Netflix renews 'Jessica Jones,' reveals premiere dates WGNO Netflix also announced premiere dates Sunday for these new and returning ...

Australian Open under match-fixing scrutiny
More players revealed match-fixing approaches on Tuesday as the Australian Open Grand Slam tournament came under close scrutiny following claims ...

China Box Office: ‘Star Wars’ Wins Week, Edged Out in Second Weekend
“The Force Awakens” topped the Chinese box office in its first full week. But in its second weekend it was beaten by “Boonie Bears III.