getting properties of controls inside a table control

Hi,

I h ave a Table control "tbl" in which I am adding other controls such as textboxes and labels dynamically.
I am trying to access the propertiesof the controls, such as label1.text and textbox1.text , that I dynamically created and added into the table control.
The tbl has two columns, in the first column it has labels and textboxes in the second one
Is there anyway I can access the properties of all the controls that I added in different columns and rows of table control by looping through the table.

Something like,
string temp;
for(int i-0;i<=(number of rows in the tbl);i++)
{
for(j=0;j<=2;j++)
{
temp+=tbl.rows[i].Controls[i].ID ;
}
}
0
bsobaid

There are both server-side and client-side techniques to get into a table.  In which are you interested?
0
stiletto
8/12/2004 1:51:53 AM
Server-side

But you can tell both..
0
bsobaid
8/12/2004 1:58:40 AM
Server-side:

foreach(TableRow theRow in tbl.Rows)
{
foreach(TableCell theCell in theRow.Cells)
{
foreach(Control theControl in theCell.Controls)
{
// Do whatever checks and changes you want here
}
}
}
(If HtmlTable, then just change Table to HtmlTable.)
Client-side: You have to use the appropriate DOM methods, but you can dynamically add rows, cells, and content to the rendered HTML table.
0
stiletto

Getting the Selected Item of dropdownlist inside Web User Control on a Web Form
Ive got a dropdownlist control inside a web user control called Entity.ascx. This web user control is on a webform.aspx. In Entity.ascx class I created a SelectedEntity property that returns the selected item in the dropdownlist. Inside webform.aspx when btnGo is pushed I set a string and pass it in the url. I am trying to get the entity they selected via the property (SelectedEntity) inside Entity.ascx. As the SelectedEntity property tries to return the selected item in the dropdownlist I get this error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance...

How to get control inside datalist web server control
hi, I am using <asp:hyperlink id="hyper"> control in one datalist control, i want to bind url at the time of itemdatabound event so please suggest me how to get this controls handle   See if this works (in C#): protected void DataList1_ItemDataBound(object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) { HyperLink hl = e.Item.FindControl("hyper") as HyperLink; hl.NavigateUrl = "whatever"; }  ...

User Control Issue
Dupelicate post dancioffi: Dupelicate post Please refer to this: http://forums.asp.net/t/1398304.aspxGary yang - MSFTMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help....

Can't get property from a User Control inside a Repeater control
I have a public property inside my usercontrol which I set inside the Repeater.ItemDataBound event as follows:<code>If blnFirstTime Then            Dim lblstrDate As Label = DirectCast(e.Item.FindControl("lblPressReleaseDate"), Label)            blnFirstTime = False            strDate = lblstrDate.Text        End If</code>After the user control finishes databinding, I want to take th...

Web control in web control

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

Convert a html table control to a Table Web Server Control
How Convert a html table control to a Table Web Server Control? add runat="server" attribute to the <table> tag...

masterpage and control formatting (table control, HTML table control)
I have a master page that contains 1 contentplaceholder.  In my default.aspx (that uses the masterpage layout) I have a table server control.  During page_load I get the data I need and repeatedly add the usercontrol to the table control, one user control per row.  My user control is basically a HTML table with several rows and columns that's populated with data upon creation. I want this table to fill the contentplaceholder's width. In addition within the masterpage I have a CSS link for my stylesheet. Here are my questions: Is there a better way of adding ...

Getting a web form's properties to a Custom User Control
Ok. This is hopefully a simple question that someone could help me out on. I've researched but only found out how to get a user control properties to a web form. Problem:  Anyway, I have created a custom user control (Help button with a menu extender) which will be used on several pages. The menu that extends from the button will not be static, so I will want to load the right data (from my xml file) depending on which page the help button is on. For example, my custom user control will be on pages news and the other on media. Now, when the user control loads on the news page, I need ...

Web resources about - getting properties of controls inside a table control - asp.net.web-forms

Properties of water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the physical and chemical properties of pure water. For general discussion and its distribution and importance in life, ...

Facebook Surpasses All Google Properties In Brazil
Facebook overtook Orkut to became Brazil’s top social network in January, but has only overtaken all of Google’s properties in that nation just ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Australian Federal Police raid properties in new CFMEU-linked investigation
Federal Police have raided properties as part of an investigation into a CFMEU organiser suspected by authorities of being bribed.

Nobody's home: Housing boom leaves swathe of empty properties
The nation's three-year property boom is leaving its biggest cities awash with empty homes, a report shows.

ATO crackdown on rental properties, holiday homes
Australians who rent out their holiday homes for a few weeks a year, but then try to claim bigger deductions - including maintenance and mortgage ...

Digital detox: Australians seek out nature properties to overcome technology burnout
Holiday home rental companies say they have seen a spike in the number of customers seeking digital detoxes, allowing savvy homeowners to offer ...

These are the 9 Airbnb properties where everybody dreams of staying
Airbnb has become popular partly because people can open up their exquisite (or strange) properties around the world. When Airbnb looked at ...