Gettin values from one user control in other user control

Hello,

I have a web page in which I have to user controls UC1 and UC2.

In UC1 there are few text boxes (eg: txtContactNumber etc...)

In UC2 I have a button. On the click of the button I want to get the value entered  in the txtContactNumber textbox which is in UC1 user control.

How to do this. Please let me know.

Any code for the example if given is appreciated.

Thank You.

0
ddpoona

 In the codebehind for UC1 put the following:

public string ContactNumber
{
   get { return txtContactNumber.Text; }
   set { txtContactNumber.Text = value; }
}

  And in UC2:

private string _ContactNumberControlID

public string ContactNumberControlID
{
   get { return _ContactNumberControlID; }
   set { _ContactNumberControlID = value; }
}

protected void MyButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
   ASPX_UC1 theUC1 = (ASPX_UC1)Page.FindControl(_ContactNumberControlID)
   string strContactNumber = theUC1.ContactNumber;
}

 You'll need to replace ASPX_UC1 with the typename of your actual UC1 control, and in your ASPX put ContactNumberControlID="TheIDoftheUC1Control" into the UC2 control definition.

 Hope this helps

Please mark posts as the answer if I was helpful. Thanks!

Visit my blog
0
ParrotBoy

Web User Control to Web User Control...

want to call one c#.net function in one user control from another user control
hi i have two user controls info.ascx and personal.ascx i have a function like in info.ascx i have a function like showdetails() {   } now i want to access this function from personal.ascx can i do this ? thanks in advance. shwetaThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path  you should better create a class where you will define the "functions" that you need in both files. declare "static" the function and call it like nameofclass.nameoffunction In a web project you can...

Pass value from one User Control to another User Control
I have tried to pass value from one user control to another user control. Because of Page Auto Postback, Contrls are load before page is loaded. So I get the value in 2nd UC after one more post back operation. I have visited many suggessions but I cant solve this. Is anyone can help me to solve this. Thank U mfhossain@gmail.com Muhmmad Fakhrul HossainEmail: mfhossain@gmail.comPhone: +88 01715 111512Web: http://www.mfhossain.info You'd have to do that through the parent probably in it's Page_Load event handler.   userControl1.publicProperty = userControl2.publicProperty;  ...

I have a web user control being used by another web user control, but the one being used will not display the labels in the resx file.
I am using DotNetNuke version 3.13 (might be 3.013) on a Window's XP machine, SP2. I have what I find to be an extremely odd situation. I have a project called TDS.Controls. This project is a web control library. Each control has its own resx file, which is located in the App_LocalResources directory. Each control inherits from Framework.UserControlBase, just like DotNetNuke's User control in DNN\Controls\User.ascx.vb. As a matter of fact, this control is doing the exact same thing I am trying to do. It is a web user control with its own resx file being used by another web user control (See ...

Updating a Label control in one user control from another user control
Hi all, I have a main page in my music store site that has 5 user controls on it with 1 always showing main content and the others being things like a shopping cart, "best sellers", genre list etc (a la amazon). From the main content control I want to be able to set some label controls in my shopping basket control but I just can't seem to work out the syntax for how to do this: Here's the code I'm using - I'm trying to go to the 4th user control on the page (my shopping basket) then find the appropraite label, cast it locally as a Label then update the value: Label _so...

Pass values from one user control to a user control on a different aspx page
Hello, I have an aspx page titled Search.aspx. Within this page, I have a user control titled Search.ascx. I want a user to input search terms, then on the click of a button, I want to pass the values to another page (SearchResults.aspx)....which will then display the results in a user control. Can someone please give me some suggestions on how to do this? Thanks a lot! Hello, what you can do is: inside ur usercontrol, create a method that returns a dataset or datareader. that is, since u are searching using the usercontrol, then the result of ur search will be return...

UpdatePanel within a web user control resets data of controls outside the user control
Hello, I have a usercontrol on my page which displays a running marquee text. It makes use of an UpdatePanel (within the user control) to refresh the marquee text (within the updatepanel) at periodic intervals. For this I added a timer control and its tick event as an async postback trigger for the UpdatePanel. I have a lot of textboxes and dropdown list boxes (all with runat=server) on the page outside the above user control. These are also contained in different UpdatePanels. Problem is, when the user control does a postback to refresh the marquee text, it causes some of...

Persisting data in a web user control, which contains a list of other web user controls.
 Hi All, I have a control I've created, which can have a number of child controls - also user controls - stored as an ArrayList, which can be added wither a design time or programmatically.My problem is when I add to the list programmatically, it doesn't persist them. So if I add 3 child controls in step 1 of a wizard, with the aim that those three will be visible inside the parent in step 3, what happens is that the parent has no child controls and the item count is 0.Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.Code:Parent Control Markup: <%@ Control Language="C#" Auto...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Than...

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO ...

User Controls in User Controls?
I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it al...

User Control in a User Control
I have a first user control that contain a second user control. If I cahe the first user control can I still dynamically control the second one or it is cached with the first one therefore can not control it anymore? Thanks When your first control is cached, its rendered out and its output is stored in the cache. On every request to the page containing your control that can satisfy it from cache, the output will just simply be inserted - your first control will never be instantiated or run in that case, so the second one wont be either. Hope this helps,Mike VolodarskyProgram Manager...

Web resources about - Gettin values from one user control in other user control - asp.net.web-forms

‘Enough Is Enough’: Obama Demands More Gun Control After Colorado Shooting
President Obama again turned to gun control as a potential solution to the horrific act

Obama pushes for gun control after Colorado shooting
"This is not normal," president says after gunman fatally shoots three people, including police officer, at Planned Parenthood facility

DC Police Chief, “If you’re in a position to try and take the gunman down…it’s the best option for saving ...
... in a position to try and take the gunman down…it’s the best option for saving lives before police can get there,” Yet DC Supports Gun Control ...

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii U will likely support Wiimote and Nunchuk controls
Well this is interesting. Fans have been speculating as to the control schemes that will be supported in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ...

Mind-Control Bacteria Stop You From Eating Too Much
Gut microbes release proteins that stop the brain from thinking you're still hungry.

Control Your HTPC With Scavenged IR Parts
If you’ve built yourself a home theater PC, one of your highest priorities is probably coming up with a convenient control solution. The easiest ...

ICYMI: Even the AP couldn’t validate any of Hillary’s gun control nonsense
... – not 200 as she claimed . Asked to explain the discrepancy, Clinton’s campaign pointed to 2013 statistics from the Centers for Disease Control ...

Over-The-Counter Birth Control Empowers Women And Pharmacists In Oregon And California
Over-the-counter birth control is coming to Oregon and California. There’s an enactment of new laws on the horizon that will allow pharmacists ...

Women in California and Oregon Will be Able to Get Birth Control Directly From Pharmacists
... new laws in California and Oregon will allow women to forgo with a visit to the gynecologist in order to obtain a prescription for birth control. ...