Get the value or Text of dynamically created controls?

Hello,

I have a page with a placeHolder, in wich I create several controls (of textBox, checkBox and dropdownList type)

I found several articles on the web about dynamic controls, but I couldn't find how to access each controls properties.

I would like to be able to check if the user has checked the checkBox or not, and read the text inside the textBox I created

Is that not possible?

Thank you

0
ias0nas

An important thing to keep in mind is that you need to recreate the dynamic controls you add to your PlaceHolder control each time a postback occurs.  After that, you can use FindControl to locate your controls.  For example:

{

   TextBox tb = new TextBox();

   tb.ID = "myTextBox";

   PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(tb);

}

{

   TextBox tb = FindControl("myTextBox") as TextBox;

   Response.Write(tb.Text);

}

0
jcasp
3/1/2006 7:43:23 PM

Is it somehow possible to get to the control property by knowing it's place in the placeholder?

I mean, to get to the control by

myPlaceHolder.controls.... ?

I tried the indexOf but it doesn't seem to work

Thank you

0
ias0nas
3/1/2006 7:51:32 PM

Yes.  You can simply index the controls as in:

TextBox tb = PlaceHolder1.Controls[0] as TextBox;

0
jcasp
3/1/2006 8:10:30 PM
Thank you, that worked fine
0
ias0nas

How to get the value of dynamically created text box which is created dynamically on click of button control.

How get value from a dynamically created control in a user control
HI, I am working with a version of IBuySpy. On one page is a form that contains a user control that lists the items the user purchased, the subtotal, shipping, etc. I wanted to add a DropDownList from which the user could select the shipper. The dropdown list works fine as long as it has .AutoPostBack = false. However, I cannot figure out how to get the value that the user selected when they finally press the submit button on the form. All attempts to locate the control and it's value have failed. I tried drillingdown from the form to the child controls, and sub child controls. N...

Reading form values in dynamically created child controls in a user control
I have a common problem for which I've searched the web for answers for hours to no avail. I have some radiobuttonlists ,dropdownlists,checkboxlists and text controls in a user control. The lists are created statically, however the items in the lists are populated at run time. The lists are displayed in default.aspx (the containing page) and populated on the Page_Load event of the user control .ascx file based on an external data source containing arrays of data. I want to be able to read the values selected by the user from deafult.aspx, the parent page. details: The .ascx...

Get user input from dynamic created control, why i cant get the value???
Hi!, i was tried to dynamically generate some textboxes according the selected number in a dropdownlist, but when i need to get the user input from those textboxes.. i cant get at all!!, Can any1 guide me on tis? Below is my code.Basically, i have 1 dropdownlist (ddltbCount), 1 placeHolder(Pholder1), 1 button(btGetValue), i dont know y i cant post the html here... Private count As Integer = 1 Sub IterateThroughChildren(ByVal parent As Control) For Each c As Control In parent.Controls If c.GetType.ToString.Equals("System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox") AndAlso c.ID Is Nothing Then ' CType(c, T...

when loading a previously created record on to form, some controls are missing values(controls are depended on values selected in other controls)
Hello - I have created a page for Editing records.  this page will open up a chosen record and allow user to edit the data.On the form, I have 3 drop down lists.   The second dropdown list should fill values depending on value chosen in first dropdown list.  The third dropdown list should show/fill values depending on value chosen in second dropdown list.So taking this into count, i have several records with various data.  When I open-up/load a record in Edit form, only the first dropdown list has a value selected that was the pre-existing va...

Get the value of dynamically created controls
I have created the following function to get the text out of dynamically created text boxes that I have created from the code behind page.When call the function I get a message saying Object Reference not set to an instance of an object on this line -For Each c In Me.Parent.ControlsThe ID of the textboxes have the following format - Quantity_1111 Private Sub btnUpdate_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles btnUpdate.Click Dim c As Control Dim strID As String Dim arrProducts(2) As String Dim dtProducts As New DataTable 'Dim parent As C...

Get values of dynamic created controls?
Hello there,I'm creating some dynamic controls, where i'm getting some info from a db. - Thats working, but I dont know how to get the values from the dynamic created controls again, so i could save them in my database? This code am i using to create the controls (This get looped for each record in the db) 1 ' Connection 2 Dim str As String = System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(str) 4 conn.Open(...

Creating dynamic controls and getting their values
 Hi everyone,i have to create a number of dynamic controls (dropdownlist and textboxes) acording to a number inputed by the user.i've read some articles, posted some posts, but aynone has truly help me, so i'm asking if someone can hepl me beeing objective.i've put the code in the page_load, and in the the page_init (not on both simultaneous), but i don't know in which one is right.The code i putted on the Page_Load was this:Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load        If (Page.IsPo...

Dynamically creating controls in Web forms
I am able to create a web control programmatically and display on the form. In the click event of the button then I am trying to capture the value entered in the above created textbox in another click of button but I am unable to obtain the reference of the control that has been created dynamically. Can anyone help me please? protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel myPanel; private void btnMake_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { TextBox txtBox = new TextBox(); myPanel.Controls.Add(txtBox); } private void btnGotValues_Click(object sender, System...

Dynamically created controls in web form
Hi there. This is bit of an open ASP.Net (C#) question with regards to dynamically created controls and in particular tabular or panel controls. What I currently have is a web page that creates between 1 and 6  tables, each of which holds specific data about a set of products, each table (or panel, if you want) has a couple of multi-line TextBoxes and a few other controls, all lined up in a set format. The number is determined by the data records returned from a database table. My question is what is a best way to create these tables of data at run time?  Has anybody else had e...

How to get the value of a dynamically created textbox control
Hi,  Can anyone tell me how to get the entered value from a dynamically created textbox apart from getting it from the TextChanged eventhandler? Regards, Vidya Friend, check this thread as similar scenario is discussed over http://forums.asp.net/t/1051661.aspx http://forums.asp.net/t/939377.aspx Another one Good luck!Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.  use Request["TextBoxId"] to get the value entered in it....Also white creating it rememb...

getting values from dynamically created text boxes
 I have created some text boxes dynamically and added them to a control Table1 for structure 1 TableCell td3 = new TableCell(); 2 TextBox prc = new TextBox(); 3 prc.Width = new Unit(30); 4 prc.ID = "prc_" + i.ToString(); 5 prc.Text = max.ToString(); 6 td3.Controls.Add(prc);  how I can the values from the text box inside the Table1 control. There are multiple textboxes with id like prc1, prc2 and I have to get the values of all.   Hi, You can use the .FindControl method on the Page class. Supply the ID of the textbox as a parameter.For ...