get data from a html textbox and use that information in VB.NET code

Hello!

Can anybody tell me how to get data from a html textbox and use that information in the coding of VB.NET. Actually I am working in SALT just like Bind Element Example, I would like that user speaks the data in and I use this data to be entered in a oracle database using VB.NET coding. Right now the data is not forwarding to the click event of aspx button from the html textbox. Can any body help me soon and early. I will be grateful.
Haroon
0
haroon

is the text box an asp:textbox or a plain old html input control?

If either make sure that it is dimensioned in the codebehind if that is what you are using and that runat=server is in the tag.
if you are using the html input you need to dimension it as an htmlinputcontrol i believe.
0
TheNige
11/26/2003 8:26:22 PM
The textboxes are in html. The data is not picked by VB.NET code from these html boxes. Can you please help in detail what to do? I will be grateful.

Haroon
0
haroon
11/28/2003 7:18:57 PM
on the vb side you will have to use the old request.form("yourtextboxname")

or put a runat=server in your html input tag.
<input id=txtTest type=text runat=server />
in the code behind:
protected withevents txtTest as System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputText
you will then be able to access the html control.
but why not just use the <asp:textbox> control?
0
TheNige

How to get HTML Source of web page opened by web browser using vb.net
hello friends,         i have opened an web browser in vb.net using the below code Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim nullObject As System.Object = 0 Dim str As String = "" Dim nullObjStr As System.Object = str Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor Dim i As Int16 For i = 1 To 2 AxWebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=test&meta=", True) AxWebBrowser1.Document. Next Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default End Sub  ...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

how to get data from excel using vb.net
how to get data from excel using vb.net Hi, This article might help: http://authors.aspalliance.com/aldotnet/examples/excel.aspx Regards, How can obtain the sheet's list of a Excel document? here u can find the solution for your problem, mark if as answer if u problem got solved http://lakshmik.blogspot.com/2005/12/how-to-get-excel-data-into-net-dataset.html  Vyas Pentakotauniq_vyas@yahoo.com ...

Translate c#.net code to vb.net code
Hi I can usually do the translation myself, but this time I am a bit stumped  Let us consider to rewrite Urls (more than 16000 links) using a table. Save original url and rewritten url in a table. Now add a class file in App_Code folder. class UrlRewriteModule : IHttpModule{    public void Dispose()    {        // Nothing to dispose    }    public void Init(HttpApplication context)    {        context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context...

Post form with data to a external site (.net 1.1 vb.net)
Hi I have now been googling for hours and I can not find a answer. :-( I am programming a e-shop (.net 1.1) and what I want to achive is: Customer fillout form, clicks on the Pay button then should the following thing happen: 1. Form date is saved to the database ( normal vb.net code ) 2. The data that should be posted to the external form is create from the saved data   ( normal vb.net code ) 2. A post is done to an external site with created data as "post" data and then user is redirected to this site. Thanks   Christian   Use the System.Net.HttpWebRequest...

how to use the c and vb coding in .net web application ?
Hi    how to use the c and vb coding in .net web application . send some example The only way I know to do this is to compile one language into a DLL and then reference it into your project using the other language.Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET can u please send any example ? i hope by default vb.net can support vb as far as coding..backward compactiablity will be there for vb...  but i dont have any idea about c.With Thanks.,R.Chezhian.,=============================================Please Mark the helpful post(s) as Answered azymd777: can u please send an...

Using C# Code in a VB.NET Web Application
I've started a Web application using VB.NET in Visual Studio 2003. I;ve coded many pages using VB.NET and now to gain some experience using C#, I want to implement all my new pages in C#. I would like to know if it is possible to use c# and vb.net code together...I also would like to know how can i go ahead with this.God's great You can't ... Convert everything to C# ...Verhoeven Bart MCSD.NET Technical Project Leader...

Web resources about - get data from a html textbox and use that information in VB.NET code - asp.net.web-forms

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Did Senator Ted Cruz release classified information during Republican debate?
A Republican senator is investigating whether Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz released classified information while discussing the ...

Calvary Private Hospital failed to disclose cost information to patients: ACCC
Calvary Private Hospital failed to give patients sufficient information, leading some to experience &quot;bill shock&quot;.

Information Overload Causes Fatigue Among Smartphone Users
The Internet has connected humans to more information than ever. Between checking their phones dozens of times a day and constantly updating ...

Senate Intellicence Committee Chair Burr all but confirms that Cruz leaked classified information at ...
... that, among other things, updates the government’s program of collecting phone metadata. In doing so, Cruz probably leaked classified information. ...

Apple’s Maps app adds Los Angeles public transit information
Apple’s Maps application now supports public transit information for Los Angeles, California, forming a continuation of the service’s gradual ...

- Rosenblum will propose law on notifying people when their information has been hacked
SALEM — Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum told lawmakers on Wednesday the state’s privacy laws need to be updated to keep up with cyberthreats ...

Did Ted Cruz release classified information during Republican debate?
Senate Intelligence Committee chair Sen. Richard Burr asked his staff to check on something Cruz said during the fifth GOP debate Tuesday night ...

It’s Time To Rescue Any Information You Value From Rdio
As we reported about a month ago, the streaming music service Rdio has been acquired by Pandora . Rather than keeping the service alive, Pandora ...