Get Client pc name

I used System.Net .DNS.GetHostname to get client pc name, but it is for Server name that application is hosted.

How can i get client pc name ?

myaung

Dim strClientIP As String
strClientIP = Request.UserHostAddress()
Response.Write(strClientIP)

Chinna_sv...
0
getchinna_sv
3/5/2009 11:49:33 AM

Request.UserHostName

Request.UserHostAddress

SHASHANK BHIDE
CAPGEMINI INDIA
"THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARK MY RESPONSE AS ANSWER TO HELP ME BUILD IT :)"
0
shashankgwl
3/5/2009 12:03:17 PM

You can not find client's computer name but you can track client's IP Address.

0
Vivek_9decTest
3/5/2009 12:47:58 PM

Vivek_9decTest:

You can not find client's computer name but you can track client's IP Address.

then what does Request.UserHostName gives

SHASHANK BHIDE
CAPGEMINI INDIA
"THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARK MY RESPONSE AS ANSWER TO HELP ME BUILD IT :)"
0
shashankgwl
3/5/2009 1:31:43 PM

You should confirm at your end Request.UserHostName  will not give client's computer name.

0
Vivek_9decTest
3/5/2009 2:03:44 PM

I already tried alot to get client pc name, but it is not successful.

I dont think i can capture client pc name, may i know why cannot get it in C#?

myaung

If you run the application in a local network, we can get the pc name per client.

However, when moving into internet environment, for security reasons, we can't get pc names.

Forward Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

This is local application

0
myaung
3/10/2009 8:26:38 AM

myaung:

This is local application

Hi,

In this case, we can use the following code to get the computer name of the requested client.

 System.Net.IPHostEntry host = System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(Request.UserHostName);
 Response.Write(host.HostName);

Forward Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Client PC Name!
Hi All! I want to get the client pc name when the client Access my page. Please give me the solution , THanks  This cannot be done using plain javascript. If you really want to do it, you will have to use some activex control or java applet.Regards,PrashantDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. hi you can use   Request.UserHostAddress Request.UserNameIf this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you!Regards.mimranshafiq.NET Web Developerhttp://www.dotnetclassic.com Hi, As a user has told you, you will have to...

How to get a changed web form control name to use in javascript?
When you use a user control, all web form controls names get changed by .NET some like ctl0_ctl5_txtFirstName where txtFirstName is the actual name I gave. in Javascript, to refer to this control I can do like document.getElementById('ctl0_ctl5_txtFirstName') but the thing is from time to time, the prefix, in this case ctl0_ctl5_, gets changed again. So the javascript does not work anymore. Is there any way of handling this situation? Is there any server method to get the prefix? If then I can send the prefix to client side and prefix it with actuall control name like var ...

Get client IP address [Not Host] in C# .NET web services
I create one web service using c# .net and in this web service I want to get an IP address for client. I check thousend of article but that is not working, let me give you one example System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress; System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"]; This is gives me IP but that my server ip where I put my web service but I want to get my client IP address. Can someone help me with this.http://www.codegroups.com/blog/ You can try: string ip; ip=Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"); i...

IN VS.Net how can i get a web form to scroll (design mode)
In design mode in VS.Net, there is a scroll bar next to the web form, but it is grayed out.  I can not figure out how to enable it.  I want to design a web form that is larger in size than the surface area shown in teh deisgn window.  Can someone help out with this?Thank you. VS design surface shows how the page is going to be rendered in the browser. Therefore, there is no 'virtual' large size. In the browser scroll bar appears if the browser window is smaller than the page content. You can make scroll bar to appear by enclosing page content in a large container e...

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

The remote name could not be resolved
Hi, I am having an intermittent problem with .net 2.0 console client which consumes an Http Web Service. The client some times throws an The remote name could not be resolved error while tring to send packets to the web service. Any thing needs to be changed on client or server side?? Any help here is appreciated. Thanks in advance.Microsoft Certified Professional Developer - Web Developer...

add/change name/delete server files via vb.net web form
I have the add(upload) part of this page figured out. I have an application with an "Images" sub directory. I know how to access the getfiles() method from the system.IO namespace. I am using a while loop to create a table with an edit button (so that you can change the name of the file) and a delete button so you can remove the file from the server. Each file is on a new line much like it would look if it was bound to a datalist or datagrid. Here is where I am clueless. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am not looking for someone to write this for me, beca...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

How get the name of form in <form> tags
i have a from in html tags <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"> </from> how get the name of form in code ??? thanx beginner ASP.NET Response.Write(Page.Controls(1).ID.ToString()) ? thank you a lotbeginner ASP.NET ...

Searching for a form name (present in a different web form)
Searching for a form name (present in a different web form) I have a web form (webform1) where all available forms are displayed. Another web form (webform2) where i have few or no alerts for one or each or none of the forms on the webform1. I have to place an icon or something to the next of the forms on webform1 to notify users about the alerts. What is the possible way to do this. Please give some suggestions. Thanks Hey, Not quite sure what you are looking for... could you explain in more depth, or post some code to help look at it? BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and d...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

Web resources about - Get Client pc name - asp.net.web-forms

Fat client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the name is contrasted to thin client , which describes a computer heavily dependent on a server's applications. A fat client still requires ...

Facebook Forms EMEA Client Council
Facebook announced the formation of its EMEA Client Council in a post in Spanish on the Facebook for Business page by vice president for Europe, ...

Facebook hires: Carsabi team, head of policy France, marketing mix science lead, client partners and ...
... Manager (Prineville) Chief Facility Engineer (Prineville) SMB Associate, French (Dublin) User Operations – Contract (Menlo Park) Client ...

Lawyer labels client 'stupid' after New Year text to ex lands him behind bars for a week
Man's five days in prison for New Year text was significant &quot;wake-up call&quot;, lawyer says.

Canberra psychology clinic accidentally reveals clients' personal details in email
A Canberra psychology clinic has apologised after it accidentally shared personal details of hundreds of patients in a group email.

Anchorage Assembly candidate drops out rather than reveal tutoring clients
... Anchorage Budget Advisory Commission, has withdrawn a bid for the Assembly because she did not want to list the names and addresses of clients ...

Spotlight On NW Creative: Fell Swoop And Its Unique Client Mix
After living in Seattle for a few years, it’s become clear to me that many shops here struggle to capture significant business from clients headquartered ...

New online FX broker group rails against client money laws
A group of online broking firms have launched a desperate bid to sway the government on its proposed client fund segregation laws.

SanDisk Announces X400 Client SSD for OEMs
... Like the X300, the X400 uses TLC NAND flash and relies on SLC-mode write caching to provide competitive write speeds. SanDisk OEM Client SSD ...