GENERAL EXCEPTION! Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.

Hi.  I'm getting a GENERAL EXCEPTION! Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.  My app  was written in ASP.Net 1.1.4322 and C#.  It is running under IIS 6.0 under it's own app pool.  This is a live PRODUCTION issue.  This used to work.  Now it doesn't.  There are other ASP.Net apps running on this box, but they all have their own app pool.  This app uses Microsoft Enterprise Library and the Data Access Application Block to access a remote SQL Server to perform a data insertion.  Here's a scenario: Reboot the box to start fresh.  Launch the app.  Memory usage for the w3wp.exe process is normal at beginning of app launch. Immediately, when the portion of code that has to perform the database call is invoked and insert a new record, the w3wp.exe process climbs to around 250meg and stays there even after the app is completely finished running.  All database connections were properly closed, thanks to ENT LIB.  Subsequent request to this server to perform the exact same task above fail because the w3wp.exe process is off somewhere in the weeds thrashing wildly! Windows 2003 Server Service Pack 2 was installed in an attempt to fix the issue.  (Have you read the README.TXT for that Service pack?  There are a ton of ASP.Net issues that were resolved.)  Anyway, this SP installation did not solve the problem.  This worked in DEV and worked in PRODUCTION, initially, so I know the code is solid.  I think the problem is somewhere on the server, but I can't find it. Please help as I need to get this fixed!  Thanks!  :)

0
csharprox

Exception type: SoapException Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
Hi All,  I have developed a web application, Which is hosted on Windows 2003 server, IIS 6.0 with CRM. There are some pages that occasionally start throwing System.OutOfMemoryException and another exception related to storage. Below is the Event viewer log detail: Event Type: WarningEvent Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309Date:  3/9/2009Time:  4:55:57 AMUser:  N/AComputer: xyz Description:Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 3/9/2009 4:55:57 AM Eve...

Exception of type System.Exception was thrown
Hi, I have been getting this error while trying to display a report with a subreport. Even when if I supply the login credentials this bug appears.I am using Crystal 8.5 and SQL server and the normal reports (without subreports) are working fine, it is just this little bugger that I tried to display now that doesn't work.What does this error mean from a crystal perspective?Any advice? I think, therefore I am...

Exception of type System.Exception was thrown.
I have a strange problem going on. I am running Crystal Report 9 and .NET framework 1.1. In the report I have stored procedure that is being used to display report fields. If any type of casting is done in the stored procedure, an exception is thrown: Exception of type System.Exception was thrown. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [Exception: Exception of type System.Exc...

Error rendering control. An un handled exception has occured. Exception Type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' Was thrown
After creating a composite control when i switch to design view, i get this error : Error rendering control. An un handled exception has occured. Exception Type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' Was thrown . control code is as follows::Imports Microsoft.VisualBasicImports System.WebImports System.Web.UIImports System.Web.UI.WebControlsNamespace newcustomControl    Public Class customComposit        Inherits Table        Dim searxhText As TextBox        Dim searchBu...

Exception of Type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown
How the heck i can stop that ? i could not receive quality central, delphi does not send message from errorbox + $17[2271CFE4]{dotnetcoreide100.bpl} ToolsAPIWrapper.ToolsAPIWrapper.CreateNetOtaModule (Line 1957, "ToolsAPIWrapper.pas" + 7) + $17 + $0[51F2A2A5]{rtl100.bpl } System.System.@CheckAutoResult (Line 18061, "system.pas" + 6) + $0 + $16[2271D923]{dotnetcoreide100.bpl} ToolsAPIWrapper.ToolsAPIWrapper.OTAProjectToNetProject (Line 2126, "ToolsAPIWrapper.pas" + 1) + $16 + $1D[22722F70]{dotnetcoreide100.bpl} ToolsAPIWrapper.ToolsAPI...

Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown
Currently we are testing our application thru load runner. I got the following error frequently. Could you please help me on this issue? Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current...

Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.
I get the following memory error very frequently. A critical error has occurred. Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. Usually this happens in ADMIN mode and when I try and update a site setting, but this morning it happened on my client's site without me being logged in. I am running standard DNN 2.0.4 modules on two different installations. I host with Alentus.com (and they are EXCELLENT by the way) and they are investigating on their end. I have noticed that it may be a local issue. Out of 3 PCs in the office and 1 at Alentus, 2 may show the err...

Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.
I have a web form that writes data to a file. That works ok. BinaryWriter.Write(String) On another page, that file gets read and the strings are loaded into an array list. Arraylist.add(BindaryReader.ReadString()) After reading in 9 values from the file, a Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. is thrown. I can not imagine that my system is out of memory, and the task manager is not showing any large amount of memory taken up durring the execution. Any ideas as to what the issue may be? I would be curious as to what the 9th value was tha...

Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.
I  have an asp.net 2003 application, was working fine for the last few years. Now all of a sudden I get this error almost every day. It started say last month and now it is happening very frequently. The error message is below. i am disposing of any objects that i have created. It is not happening in my development machine. Any help would be appreciated. ThanksDescription: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.OutOf...

Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown
Hello, What following might be: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during t...

Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.
I am using an htmlinputfile just to select a databasepath and I get the message >> Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. InnerException Maximum request length exceeded. how can I avoid this ?... not to depend on the size of a database just to select it thank you Can you post an example? I'm not sure i understand the problem an exemple ? just I select a database and when I try to get the inputfile.value I get this error if I select another database it works i gave never seen it...

Exception of type System.Exception was thrown when i tried to pass paramaters into the Crystal Viewer
Hi,I am having this weird problem which i cannot locate the cause of it.When i did not pass in parameters, the following error is being generated.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Missing parameter field current value. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ParameterFieldCur...

SharePoint error: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown
We have an application, which consists of a set of controls written in C#, used to manage documents in SharePoint Portal Server 2003.  Our users are reporting that they encounter problems uploading documents using our interface.  This is the error they get while trying to upload documents.  Note: The document is uploaded into SharePoint using the SharePoint API. System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. In addition, they are sporadically get the following error: InnerException: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was be...

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown
Hey guys,  I'm loading a DataTable using a DataReader with a lot of DB records, around 1 million and a half.The reason why I'm doing this is because the user has requested to be able to export DB data from the web. most of the tables are small but there is this bad guy with a tons of rows. The first time it runs just fine, the second it will fail with the exception above. I can see by opening task manager that the "asp.net" process grows significantly the first time the export is run from the page.So I've been trying to:use the DataReader inside a "using&...

Web resources about - GENERAL EXCEPTION! Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. - asp.net.web-forms

WP7 Ad Control and OutOfMemoryException
... to one of our existing applications. It ran fine on the emulator but as soon as you put it on a real device it crashed with a System.OutOfMemoryException. ...

Rants - Dare Obasanjo's weblog
Server Error in '/site1/weblog' Application. Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. Description: An unhandled exception ...

Apache Tomcat Monitoring Tool - Tomcat Profiling - AppDynamics
AppDynamics provides real-time Apache and Tomcat monitoring with deep visibility of their components and metrics. Download it for free today! ...

Paint.NET resolves major issues, tweaks performance
... and touch screens, which no longer scroll when swiping using one finger only. A number of crashes have also been resolved, including OutofMemoryException ...

Map of the Week: Orbitz
... hotel results and each marker can have a different custom image. It's really easy to run out of memory and we were getting quite a few OutOfMemoryExceptions ...

Understanding and Using Exceptions
(this is a really long post…only read it if you (a) don’t know what try/catch is OR (b) actually write catch(Exception ex) or catch{ }) The ...

Singularity RDK - Source Code
Experimental verified OS

Running large MSSQL scripts & resulting memory errors
Today i was battling in the trenches while trying to fix a deployment issue on a foreign webhost with a support team that had a lead time of ...

Our Opinion, Your Views of All Things Location
Pike County, IL will get new aerial imagery after the board approved a $99,000 contract with Sidwell Corporation. Not big news, but this is interesting: ...

ReSharper Early Access Program - ReSharper - Confluence