Funny character being added instead of spaces in .net web forms...please help

Hi,

in all of my asp.net pages I have the following html code:

 <TD class=padding colSpan=2 height=23><div align="center"><A

on my default.aspx page, this gets displayed as:

Privacy Policy » Terms of Use

and the code is

Privacy Policy » Terms of Use

Can someone please tell me why this is happening? I've done some searching on google for "Â" added asp.net and I can see that other people have had the same problem. Especially here: http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:5bMuMfIREagJ:forums.asp.net/697121/ShowPost.aspx+%22%C3%82%22+added+asp.net&hl=en

Can someone shed any light on this as it's driving me mad!

M3ckon

http://www.continuationit.com
0
m33ckon

For "/" also you can use escape sequence provided.
Better to use HTMLEncode to do this things.

Never Ever Overloaded
0
n_e_o

Please Help!! web parts and .net forms
This is a two part question. 1. i have a simple .net form that captures users input and i want to post to another form to show users input and data from a database into a data grid. In keep posting back to the first form. I have action and method set correctly on my first form, no idea why it post to same form. i even have a response.redirect in the click event of the button on the first form. 2. Does anyone know of any good site/web cast that step you through a basic web part for sharepoint 2007 i am using both visual studio 2005 and 2008. I heard that it is like a 12 step ...

VS.NET Web App messing up form authentication? Help, please?
Does anyone know of any problems with creating a VS.NET Web App in a forms authenticated subfolder? I created a Web App "pics" with VS.NET as a subfolder of wwwroot, and the Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") is always blank on all the pages in this subfolder wwwroot/pics. I deleted the VS.NET premade Web.Config file so that there is only the one file at wwwroot, but that didn’t help. Are there any other files created by VS.NET that could be messing this up? I made other ASPX subfolders outside of VS.NET and they all continue the session just fine, it's like this ...

Desperate Visual Studio .NET problem with Web Forms, please help
Hi, I've posted in the past about this problem and got no response, but now I'm desperate so have to try again. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I am in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page. I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everything. Everything in Visual Studio worked as expected for a few days, and now yet again everything is disabled. Can s...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Need HELP with adding a System.Windows.Forms control to web form!
Howdy folks. I'm in need of some help. I wanted to add a nifty little Control I made for a Windows Form to an ASP.NET page. Now I went and saw Microsoft's quickstart tutorial, and followed the example... You know, compile it to .dll... blah, blah, blah, then use the <OBJECT> tag to insert it into the page. Well, I did all that... the control downloads... but I can't see a thing! :'( For example, here's some code ~ using System; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Drawing; using System.Reflection; [assembly:AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.0")] ...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web resources about - Funny character being added instead of spaces in .net web forms...please help - asp.net.web-forms

Dilbert (character) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dilbert is a fictional character and the main character and protagonist of the Dilbert comic strip . He is a white collar office worker who has ...

New Zealanders who failed Australia's 'character test' returned: Peter Dutton
Twelve New Zealanders have left Australia after failing a &quot;character test&quot; as the federal government cracks down on foreign criminals. ...

Zoolander 2 faces boycott over Benedict Cumberbatch's transphobic character
... "hateful" in a petition agitating for the film to be boycotted for enforcing dangerous perceptions of the queer community. "Cumberbatch's character ...

Standard Of Review: Legal Novel ‘Motor City Shakedown’ Is Undermined By Romance Between Its Main Characters ...
Pop quiz, hotshot: name a thriller in which the two main characters become romantically involved but the romance does not feel clumsy or tacked ...

Sainsbury's Brings Beloved Kids' Character to Life and Tops U.K. Book Sales
This week saw an unexpected new title shoot to the top of the U.K's official book charts: "Mog's Christmas Calamity," by children's author Judith ...

Friday Evening Open Thread: Cartoons & Cartoon Characters
Charlie Hebdo's new cover: "They've got guns. Screw them, we've got champagne" pic.twitter.com/2vdhjizOU6 — Katy Lee (@kjalee) November 17, ...

George Lucas says if he could be any 'Star Wars' character, he'd be Jar Jar Binks
Of all the characters in "Star Wars," creator George Lucas says he'd be Jar Jar Binks in a v ideo for Vanity Fair . "I like all the characters," ...

Lives cut short by Paris attacks remembered in 140 characters
As Parisians remember the victims of last week's terror attacks with candles and flowers, another kind of memorial is unfolding on social media ...

Is Benedict Cumberbatch’s character in ‘Zoolander 2′ actually transphobic?
... prominently in the second trailer. I assumed Benedict would be playing himself or some version of himself, but he’s playing a real character, ...

Arrow Is Bringing Back A Major Character, Get The Details
When Arrow returns from its midseason hiatus next year, this character who hasn’t been seen since last season will return. Spoiler alert! If ...