Form Not Post Back due to Validation Controls

I have two textboxes and two requiredFieldValidators Controls with them when i submit form with text in two fields every thing work fine.

and when i miss one textbox requiredfieldsvalidator error message appears as expected. but when i enter the text in both fields now my form is not posting back to server.
i don't know why
Help me urgently with a good solution
thanks in advance....
0
waqasdotnet

do you happen to have SmartNavigation enabled? Also tell us your Framework version.
Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
2/28/2004 8:05:08 AM
Hai friends,

Post your code so that i sould be easier to help u.
0
BudCoder
2/28/2004 9:41:30 AM
My problem is very simple and i have find that this is common problem in asp.net that users may trap in validation controls and are unable to post back the form to server.

In MSDN, the solution for this problem is disabling the validation but i don't understand that how it will help me.
still confused........
help needed......
0
waqasdotnet
2/28/2004 2:00:01 PM
Well, post the code!
Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke

Do I need to validate against malicious POST backs using .net form components?
Ok, I'm moving from classic asp to .net 3.5 (I know big jump)In classic ASP you always needed to verify POSTs weren't malicious, however I'm wondering how much checking I need to do with .net.ie. I have a textbox called textbox1.  I've set textbox1.maxlength=20.  I then want to insert textbox1.text into a DB column varchar(20), I feel as if I do not need to verify the length as was needed in classic ASP, because I'm guessing textbox.text won't return a value longer then textbox1.maxlength would allow.One step further, take dropdownlist1, bind it to a datasou...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Solution for web forms that look just like paper forms ? User controls ? Adobe fillable forms ?
 I am looking at ways to web-enable a series of company forms that need to have the form itself look just like the paper version.  It would be great if I could use an image of the form itself as a background, and then draw the UI components on top of this.  Then there is the question of printing these forms complete with the data that was filled in.   What are some options for doing this kind of application ?  Im open to 3rd party solutions as well.  Our company currently has a desktop application which does this, but I want to come up with a web based solu...

How to maintain form controls value after user control post back?
 hello experts, I have created filter grid in asp.net & C#.My form design has contains 3 dropdown controls and Filter grid(User control).Its working fine(filter), but one problem arise.the form controls are clear when i filter a grid(post back).I tried to reterive values using view state, hidden controls, i got only null values.Anyone please help, its urgent to me. Its my user control code.FilterGrid.aspx<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="FilterGrid.ascx.cs" Inherits="FilterGrid" %><style type = "text/css&...

Posting to Web Form with DropDownList from another form
I have a page with a drop down list that displays data on post back from the drop down list selected index change event. (call this form1) I need the ability to post to this page from another form (call this form2). there are about 6 options in form1. form2 will contain only 2 of these options displayed as simple hyperlinks. when the user clicks these links from form2 it needs to simply force a post back with that value from form2. id like to do this without javascript and id like to use the drop down list server control. anyone have a quick simple way to accomplish this? than...

Validation controls are triggereing other forms validation controls?
Can someone please look at this an explain whats going on. When you click on subscribe it triggers my registration form validation controls. I'not sure what "subscribe" is supposed to do, but if you dont want it to cause validation, set the CausesValidation property to false.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Make sure the feild is an email address Hey coolkidsonly, your initial posting didn't show us anything to look at. We are just guessing here without the specifics. However, m...

add window form control on web form
i want to add windows from control link label on web from .what should i do?  saurabhiP:i want to add windows from control link label on web from . Windows form controls are for windows application and should not be used on web forms.You want a link label which is the same as a hyperlink in ASP.NET so use that instead.  saurabhiP:i want to add windows from control link label on web from .what should i do?  Hi saurabhiP,Base on my understanding, you want to use windows control to web form. But base on my experience, there are many issues! Check the following l...

Using Win Form controls in web forms
Hi All,   Please tell me if i can't use the window forms controls in my webform. What if i simply import the System.windows.forms Namespace. Definitely this will help me to expose the class & methods, but will they work accordingly when get rendered. I am totally confused.. please help me. Thanks Simple answer:  You can't.  Webforms controls render as HTML; while this may be possible to achieve with Winforms controls by invoking the design-time rendering, I doubt it's going to work very well.What control are you trying to use?Peter BrunoneMS MVP, ASP.NETFounder, Easy...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

forms and form validation
am new to asp. i have recently been given the task of redisigning an existing website. the old site included a few forms which i have incorporated into the new site layout. unfortunately, since the redesign, the forms no longer work. i have tried to be as detailed as possible, i am quite sure that all the links are in order. i am assuming that their must be something simple that i have neglected as i have not changed the .js files or the path locations. please advise. Thank you. Hi primalxx, Please let us know, what is not working, why it is not working, and what kind of error...

Web resources about - Form Not Post Back due to Validation Controls - asp.net.web-forms

Cross-validation (statistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a model validation technique for assessing how the results of a statistical analysis will generalize to an independent data set. It is mainly ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
... No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a play-off at the Colonial event. "It's a good feeling and maybe some validation ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...