form getting old textbox.text values

I've got a form that when loaded loads it's values from the database and then allows you to edit them (using textbox controls).  When you click save it adds what I would think should be the newly edited values into the parameters and updates the database.

However it is instead loading the values prior to them being changed rather than the current values in the text boxes.

Anybody know what would cause this?
Could be WAAAY off in any suggestions I give in posts, so be on the lookout for stupidity :P
0
Yazilliclick

As you have  not included any code samples, I can only suggest a possibility.Smile

Check your Page_Load, is the database load inside a If Not (IsPostBack) Then ?

If it is not, the load from the database will happen when the user clicks the add button and put the old values back in, the save code will then run and re-save the old values.

HTH

TATWORTH

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

Request.Form does not get form values
Hi guys, I am new in ASP.NET 2.0 I am stuck with request.form problem I have simple asp:textbox and asp:button nested in the form with runat=server property, but when I want to get textbox value and response.write to page it gets empty, please look at code what do I do wrong?         <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>        <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

how to get the Text form TextBox.Text that is not declared in .apsx
i want to make a page that let user config the quantity of smth ,i have 2 page for this , one is the page that have lists for choosing , another is the page that will receive a data from last page and display themwith textbox for config the quantity.  i use session to transfer the data ( i transfer a  GridViewRow). The problem is that i don't know how much itemsthat user will choose in the first page , so i must create a textbox for configuration by writing dynamic code , it means that the textbox i createdare initialized by " Textbox a = new Textbox()"  which lie in the .aspx...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Web forms and mobile web forms

how to place a <form> in web form form
i placed a <form> in the web form, but i can't submit coz i neet to submit to another web site how can i do??? Mike Chan You cannot submit a <form> to another page if you have a RunAt="Server" in the form tag. Remove that RunAt="Server" and you can (though then you will need to use plain old HTML inside that form). What are you trying to do? Why do you need to post to another form?Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog COZ I NEED TO POST SOME INFORMATION TO ANOTHER WEB SITE IS THERE ANY OTHER SOLUTION?M...

how i can get the one form variable values in other forms?????
iam going to pass values of one form to another formlike asfollows.. f1=CType(Context.Handler ,f1);here f1 is form object this will be used in some other form.iam try ing to use to global variables of first form in to second form.while compilation it show s an error like as follws:"The name 'CType' does not exist in the class or namespace 'PassingValuesForms.Form2'can you giv aslo pls..thanks in advance..ramsCheersRam MCP CType is for the VB.NET language exclusively. By adding a semicolon to your code, I'm guessing you are using C#.CType provides VB users with typecasting. In C#, the lang...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Cannot Get Text Value Drop Down List In Form View Get NULL exception instead
Ok, I have a page with AJAX Tab Control, within a tab, I have a formview with checkboxes and a dropdownlist, I am trying to use the findcontrol to get the text value retuned when I select a value.  In this case an ageFrom and a AgeTo.  The findcontrol works fine when using it with checkbox controls, but when I try to use it with the dropdownlist control, I have been getting the NULL Exception error.  I have spent the greater part of the morning looking for an answer and yet to find what I am looking for.  I am using VB so please respond back with information refering to V...

Web resources about - form getting old textbox.text values - asp.net.web-forms

Open Letter: Who Do I Have to Fuck to See a Donald Trump + Sarah Palin Porn Parody Already?
Trumpalin. It's long overdue Crush Rush (L) & Christopher Halloran (R)/Shutterstock Dear Pornography, I can’t help wondering who's minding ...

Netflix now has more than 75 million subscribers across 190 countries
Thanks to a growing library of original content and a wide selection of popular TV shows and movies, Netflix's popularity continues to skyrocket ...

BET Founder Offers Solution to Fix Oscar Diversity Problem
Black Entertainment Television founder Robert L. Johnson weighed in on the furor surrounding the lack of minority nominees in this year’s Academy ...

Zac Efron Apologizes For Controversial MLK Day Tweet
Zac Efron has apologized for a controversial tweet he posted on Martin Luther King Day. The 28-year-old actor was criticized for writing in ...

Glenn Frey's Glorious '80s
The Atlantic Glenn Frey's Glorious '80s The Atlantic Love them or hate them, many of the songs that Glenn Frey recorded with the Eagles deserve ...

'Star Wars' holds top spot at China box office, hits $100 million
“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” earned $44 million last week at the Chinese box office, topping the charts for a second straight week, film industry ...

Jamie Foxx Rescued Somebody From A Burning Vehicle Last Night: Reports
A vehicle reportedly rolled over and caught fire in front of Jamie Foxx ’s house in Ventura County Monday night. After calling 9-1-1 the SiriusXM ...

Oscars: Nominated Short Films Hitting Theaters Next Week
Five days after the 2016 Academy Award nominees were announced, we have theatrical playdates for the short films that made the cut. ShortsHD ...

Twitter outage gets the day off to a rough start
People around the globe were stymied for a while Tuesday as they tried to get onto Twitter, which acknowledged that something was "technically ...

Long after most US troops left Iraq, civilians are dying in 'obscene' numbers
Los Angeles Times Long after most US troops left Iraq, civilians are dying in 'obscene' numbers Los Angeles Times A member of the Iraqi security ...