I am having some difficulties getting this to work.. I have button_click (Asp.net) and ClientClick (Javascript).  Javascript is firing fine.  Server script is not.

0
nm4568

may be you have return return false in the in the javascript which is why its not firing server side event.

You should add javascript evelt like this

button1.onclientclick = "functionname"

Function should nopt return false.

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in

what client-side and server-side events are fired when button X is hit?
Folks,In a web aspx page, I use a client-side (javascript) button named "Cancel" so when users hit it, if the data they enter is not saved yet, then this client-side button prompts users to save data before the page is closed. I code this client-side button with event "onclick" and thing like <input type=button ... onclick="btnCancelClick();" >   My question is if users hit the right top corner button X (next to the maximize and minimize buttons also on the top right corner of the aspx web window page), then what client-side (javascript) and serv...

Help with client side events Vs. server side events
Hi, Can someone look as the following script and tell me why marking the check box doesn't generate a client side event eventhough there's: onclick="checkClick()"? marked.  Thanks in advance, Sivan <%@ Page Language="c#" %><HTML> <HEAD>  <meta name="vs_targetSchema" content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"> </HEAD> <body>  <SCRIPT language="c#" runat="Server">  void Page_Load(object s, EventArgs e) {  if (!Page.IsPostBack)  {   Label1.Text = Label...

How to fire a server side Sub after client side event?
Hi,  How can i fire a server side event after a client side event..? For example, just an example, i want to show a "message box" - The debugging one: MsgBox(stuffs), or calls any other functions which requires the clicked button's id? I took a look on stuffs like getPostBackEventReference()... Did i in the wrong way? Any help or quick sample would be very much appreciated!! :D Hi, you can call the doPostBack (first argument is the control-Id) method, see my code snippet:<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Testpage.aspx.cs" Inhe...

How to access Client Side control in server side button click event?

making enter key in server side textbox cause a server side button event
hi,  I have a asp control textbox with an asp button next to it ( ie both server side asp controls).  If  I press the enter key when focus is on the textbox - how can I trigger the enter button event to fire off at the server ?  Many thanks? ubique--Regarding this... ubique wrote:...I have a asp control textbox with an asp button next to it ( ie both server side asp controls).If  I press the enter key when focus is on the textbox - how can I trigger the enter button event to fire off at the server ?...I have to ask: why do this?...why not simply have the endus...

Need to send a id string from client side to server side and fire a event
Hi EveryoneI'm having a problem with my ajax script. I'm trying to send a  id string from client side to server side and want to fire a server side event. I have no clue how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction ? Take a look at the GetWebRequest, PostWebRequest, and OnWebRequestCompleted JavaScript samples in the AJAX documentation. Lambert You can add static page methods to an ASP.NET page and mark them as Web methods. You can then call these methods from script as if they were part of a Web service, but without creating a separate .asmx file. To create Web metho...

Client Side events and Server side binding
I want to filter a dataset, server side and bind it to a select control. Problem is my filtering must be done based on the text written by the user in a text input. To get this text i'm using client side keyboard events. I tried to use client side binding and it works fine, but the problem is my dataset has more than 10000 rows, and so the performance is awful. Only thing i can do i think is to rebind the select control to a filtered dataset, improving performance. This is my code at the moment: In the aspx: static HtmlSelect _control = null; [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)] publi...

Client side/server side event race.
 Hi.  I've got a page that 1) Takes some text fields as input2) Does some math calculations on the input (server side via a "calculate" button click)3) Then opens a new window with some detailed information (client side, via a "view report" button click)The server needs to "calculate" before the user can click "view report" so I start with "view report" disabled.  I've got input validation on the "calculate" click, and at the end, I enable the "view report" button.  Everything is working well wi...

client side click handler / server-side command event doesn't fire
I am rewriting an old control of mine to be more AJAX-friendly. It is a subclass of Button that disables itself when clicked, so that the user can't, say, double post a credit card payment. I have some javascript code for the prototype including this: _onClick : function(e) { if(this.get_element() && !this.get_element().disabled && this._DisableAfterClick == true) { this.get_element().disabled = true; if (this._DisabledText != null && this._DisabledText.length > 0) { this.get_element().value = this._DisabledText; } } //this.get_element().form.s...

executing my own function @ server side for a client side event
hi all, I have a client side dropdownlist control with onchange event. I am calling form1.submit() method in onchange event. is it possible to catch that event at server side ???ThanksPrashanth.J Not if you call form1.submit(). Try replacing that with <%= ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(DropDownList1, string.Empty) %>; Then in the Page_Load handler server-side: private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e){ if ( this.IsPostBack ) {  // Place any code that needs to be executed ONLY on a post-back here.  string eventTarget = (this.Req...

How can you raise server side event from client side
Let's say I have an event on server side that handles button_click. how can I raise that event from client side using AJAX. You can create a script in a string variable, and register withScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb359558.aspx string script = "alert('ciao!')";ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript( this, this.GetType(), "Alert", script, true );If this answers your question, please select 'mark as answer' thanks!Andrea DottorMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NEThttp://blog.dottor.net For buttons you can use JQu...

Server Side control invoking a Client Side event
I need to figure out how to get a server side control to process the "OnMouseOver" event. Since server side controls do not have the onmouseover event associated with them, how would you make for example, a DropDownList have a "OnMouseOver" event associate with it? The DropDownList must be server side. I guess the idea here is to set client-side events on the server-side control. Any help will be appreciated. You may try something like this: In server side code DDL1.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "javascript:alert('Hi')") Th...

Call client side and server side events together.
I have one textbox on my aspx page.I want to validate amount in that textbox. If it exceeds 100 then the alert message should show that amount is bigger.And it should not go further. But if the amount is less than or equal to 100, then after checking the condition onclientside, it should to the server side TextChanged event.I have written a javascript function which is being called on "onchange" event of textbox and if the value is valid, then it should call serverside textchanged event of the same textbox.Please its urgent. Mark it as Answer if you find it Helpful.Shailen  ...

doing client-side action after server-side event ends
 I have a asp-button;I want it to perform a client-side action after completion of the sever-side action((like:calling a javascript function after the click event of the button ends); You can inject some javascript from the server side button click event so that when the page renders on the client side it will invoke the function or javascript fragment. You can use the method Page.RegisterStartupScript to inject javascript, or you can assign the javascript fragment to a literal control which would be interpreted when the page renders on client side.  Can u add some code snippe...

Stop execution of server side event from client side
Dear All  I have a text box and i wrote code on the server side event( On Text Change). So when i write something on the text box it goes to server and execute the server side code. Now i want to control this sever execution from client side. i mean i want to cancel this postback from client side under some conition. can anyone plz help me? Regards Sure if you let us know what you want to be done. here is an example <asp:textbox id="txtFile" OnTextChanged="javascript:RefreshPage();" Visible=true Width=500 Runat=server/> function RefreshPage() {    //Do something}Please Mark Post that helped you as answer, also include a summary of what solved the problem as it helps others in similar situations THis is my text box <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" onchange="CancelPostBack()" AutoPostBack="True" OnTextChanged="TextBox1_TextChanged"></asp:TextBox> THis is my server side code protected void TextBox1_TextChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { //Any code} THis is my client script code <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" >function CancelPostBack() { //for a particular condition i want to cancel the post back here //But i dont know how to cancel the post back so that the text of the box will chage but will not go to server } </script>   Hi then you can just straigtaway use my code, e...

Accessing server-side variables from client-side events
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01C04D70.7EAC7080 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In a client-side itemchanged function, how can I set a server-side = variable?? I simply need to execute the following: psSession.SetValue("userID", user_id); I'm sure there's a way to trigger server-side script and pass in = variables. Any suggestions?? Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01C04D70.7EAC7080 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" ...

Calling server-side methods from client-side event
Hello,i'm novice in asp.net client-side script and i have a simple question: is it possibile to call a server-side method (ex. c# managed code) from a java script client-side function linked to an event?Thanks all  Luca GuccioneGenova, Italy Yes you can. It's very easy using web methods from code behind, jquery and the script manager. See this very good blog post explaining the steps: http://encosia.com/2008/05/29/using-jquery-to-directly-call-aspnet-ajax-page-methods/ mySoZa lucaguccione: Hello, i'm novice in asp.net client-side script and i have a simple question: is it possibile to call a server-side method (ex. c# managed code) from a java script client-side function linked to an event? Thanks all   The only way is by using AJAX or a PostBack. NC...   HI lucaguccione I agree with NC, the link post by zahsot show us how to do an AJAX call by jQuery, not really "directly". Thanks.Lance ZhangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Lance Zhang - MSFT: HI lucaguccione I agree with NC, the link post by zahsot show us how to do an AJAX call by jQuery, not really "directly". Thanks. It also doesn't relate very well to a novice as 1. You need to understand AJAX and 2. you need to know JQuery, neither being that easy for even veterans in web applications. NC...  ...

firing server side button click from client event
Hi, Is it possible to fire button_click (server side event ) from client side event like page_load etc. Why I need this because I am doing post back on a page and showing some auditing data  to the user. Once the user clicks on the back button (on browser) it says page has expired. Is there any way of avoiding page expiration. It says cannot submit the information. need to refresh etc. Is there any way that when user goes back I fire that submit event myself from client side onload event. Or will it still show page has expired before even my client side onloa...

Calling a client side control event from a server side function
I would like to know how to raise an event on a client side only control from a server side function.   For example, I have Button1 whose onclick is handled at the server. The logic behind the function will do 1 of 2 things, change the text of a label to indicate a problem or navigate to a new page.  I cannot use redirect because i need the new page to appear inside 2 of 3 existing frames.  I can manage this using an anchor on the client.  All I need to do is automatically click the anchor after I post back from the Button1.click event.I tried the following line of c...

Client Side HTML Radio Buttons not Posting with Server Side Form
I have a server side form that is posting when an HTML client side button is clicked.  However, the value of my html client side radio button is null when I call Request.Form("htmlradiobuttonlist") on the resulting page.  Does anyone know why the form won't the post the value?  Please help!  Thanks in advance.I'm still using dot net 1.1.  I can use server side buttons or server side radio buttons.  I can explain why if necessary.Below, you can see the HTML radio buttons in the datalist.  The JS function works, but is omitted from below.<form id="form1" a...

how can I update server side control purely by events triggered by server side timer
Currently I am writing code based on google earth API. Basically server writes a piece of KML info every second,(using AddHandler aTimer.Elapsed, AddressOf OnTimer) then the browser uses XMLHttpRequest to retrieve this KML and display it on the Google Earth plugin. This part works fine, however when there is no more KML to write on the server, I want to disable some buttons running on the server. Unfortunately I cannot achieve it. If I use update method of UpdatePanel (I put those buttons in the UpdatePanel), it pops up the error of "The Update method is called during or after the page...

Firing server side validation & Client side confirm with a single button..
Hi All, I have a "Update" asp button. onclick of the button i need to check the server side validations like:if (!IsValidEmail(ctrlEmailAddress.TextBoxControl.Text.Trim())) {MessageBox.Show("Enter valid email address"); validateCheck = false; } After completion of this type of validations, i need to fire one javascript confirmbox saying "Are you sure you want to update this order?" with "Yes/No" options. All these things needs to be done in a single button click. Can any one help me to acheive this ..requirement?  -HemanthPlease rem...

How to fire the server event from client side?
 Hello, everybody.I need to fire the server event from client side.Is it possible?thanks in advavance.    Which server event do you want to fire?Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site  I have button on server side and I need to fire the click event via AJAX.NET. You don't need Ajax.  Javascript will do it: http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread495511.html Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

server side controls in a non-server side form
I want to use server side controls in a non-server side form.I use server side controls (like dropdownlists) so I can fill them with the right options from the database.My question is, what is the best way to approach this?CAN I use server-side controls in a client side form? If so, how can I get the values contained in the controls when I do a post? (not in a querystring).Here's a sample of my code: <form id="frmAdvancedSearch" method="post" action="advancedSearch.aspx"> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> <input type="submit" /> </form>...